39%

Total votes : 23

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:06 pm

no...hamman has left us now mate
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:12 pm

Does everyone of the disallusioned fans think that if we played these games spread out over the season that we would of lost them all ?

Rafa brought in a number of new players, which most fans seemed really happy with, players take time to fit in and build an understanding with new team mates...thats a fact.
If we had played Watford and Charlton away instead of Chelsea and Arsenal do you all think that our away record would be as dire ?

If the fixtures had been kinder the new players might of bedded in, we might of played these teams when we were in form and the results could of been different.
I know we havent moved on from last season YET, but give the manager a break and lets see how we fare in our away games from now on, after all we won in Bordeaux and drew a very awkward game in PSV so its not all bad.

I am confident we will pick our away form up now, and climb the league.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfc-all-my-life » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:14 pm

im hungry
lfc-all-my-life

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:16 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Does everyone of the disallusioned fans think that if we played these games spread out over the season that we would of lost them all ?

Rafa brought in a number of new players, which most fans seemed really happy with, players take time to fit in and build an understanding with new team mates...thats a fact.
If we had played Watford and Charlton away instead of Chelsea and Arsenal do you all think that our away record would be as dire ?

If the fixtures had been kinder the new players might of bedded in, we might of played these teams when we were in form and the results could of been different.
I know we havent moved on from last season YET, but give the manager a break and lets see how we fare in our away games from now on, after all we won in Bordeaux and drew a very awkward game in PSV so its not all bad.

it does take time i agree, it just takes more time for our players which is the frustrating thing. we need to buy more sensibly and cut down on the turnover of players. sold 32 or something in 2 years? thats just a disgrace but has to be done.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfc-all-my-life » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:16 pm

welcome 6 times,it is nice to know that you are hungry but you are obviously not a true fan if u think that liverpoll won any trophy six times,i do believe that u are talking about the european cup,,i am a better fan that u
lfc-all-my-life

Postby Red H » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:17 pm

I think we are a better team than we were when RB took over, but I also think that everyone else is, with the exception of Chelsea.  We must run to stand still. Does anyone think that RBs best team would beat GHs best team ?  I don't know, but I do know who I would prefer to watch week in, week out.  To grind results out at any cost would mean I may aswell go and watch Bolton.  This does not move us any closer to winning the EPL, a large investor may be what is required, or my prefered option a long term youth policy (not unlike the north London boys).  I don't think here is a better manager out there, and we will see what position we are in by the new year, with the fixtures lined up as they are we will be 4th or 5th.  This may not be good enough for some but with the way we finish the season normally we shall see.
Red H

Postby lfc-all-my-life » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:18 pm

yeh:p :;): ??? :O :angry:
lfc-all-my-life

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:21 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Does everyone of the disallusioned fans think that if we played these games spread out over the season that we would of lost them all ?

it does take time i agree, it just takes more time for our players which is the frustrating thing. we need to buy more sensibly and cut down on the turnover of players. sold 32 or something in 2 years? thats just a disgrace but has to be done.

Dawson that turnover was needed mate, Rafa inherited so much sh!te it was untrue, he has managed in just over two years to get rid of the majority of deadwood and reshape the squad without anywhere near the money of Chelsea or United.

We are in a far healthier position now with our squad than a couple of seasons ago, you only have to look at the quality we put out in the League cup games to see that.
Admittedly it would of been better had the likes of Bellamy and Pennant settled straight away, but moving clubs isnt always like that.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:23 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:Results wise, you are correct we haven't gone backwards, but in terms of performance, clean sheets and confidence we definitely have, it's evident to see, we aren't playing as well as we did last season and we do have better players than last season so if we were playing on the high standard we did last season, I reckon we would be a lot closer than we what we are now.

That's true and that's been the key for me: our established players haven't hit the heights they managed last year and our form has suffered for it.  They have the talent to regain that form, though, and when (not if) they do, we'll climb the table.  I'm confident that we can at least replicate last season's good finish while bedding the new players in at the same time, preparing the way for a proper title challenge next season.

By the way, when I say we've improved leaps and bounds on the situation under Houllier I am, of course, referring to the last two years under GED, when we were dire.  I acknowledge he brought us great success in the Treble Season but then it all went pear-shaped and Rafa's had to come in and pick up the pieces from that.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:34 pm

someones seen Borat and thinks they are funny :sleep  :sleep

and yes, we are getting back to it, but even rafa isnt known for his patience with players he doesnt like. How long did kronkamp last? we just need to make better decisions in the transfers i think. And the title will come
Last edited by dawson99 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:04 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Look at it the other way: the league is MUCH harder to win than it was in Houllier's day and we simply do not have the same resources as some of our principal competitors.  With that in mind, Rafa has brought us an unbelievable level of success in a short time, on a relatively meagre budget.  If Houllier were still in charge, with Chelsea buying world class each transfer window and the Mancs shelling out top dollar for the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo, we wouldn't even get a whiff of the title race and there's no chance we'd have brought Big Ears home to Anfield permanently in 2005.  We'd probably be looking at UEFA Cup places each season and struggling to remember what a title challenge feels like.  The fact that we're all gutted to be out of the running this season alone speaks volumes for how Rafa has raised expectations by raising our game.  It's simply nonsense to imply that we've made no progress since the Houllier days.

sage words BB m8.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:49 pm

Well I've already said what I think on other threads. However, there remains the worrying possibility that as Rafa gets nearer to his ideal team the overall results will get worse. This might happen for example if Rafa's methods--using a large squad, evaluating the other team's weakness and changing the line up accordingly and being distant in terms of man management--don't prove to be successful here as they were in Spain. In this case, when he was in some sort of middle situation in the first 18 months after his arrival and playing a hybrid kind of game with another man's players as well as a few of his own, he might have got as near to success as is likely in the PL.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:59 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:get to :censored:

Best post ever......
Last edited by coddy on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:02 pm

6 times wrote:did any1 hear that liverpool might be swappin gerrard for paddy kenny and then les ferdinand is becomin the new manager.thats wat my sources tell me anyway's and they never lie

Let me guess, Bitters....     :Oo:
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:24 pm

6 times wrote:did any1 hear that liverpool might be swappin gerrard for paddy kenny and then les ferdinand is becomin the new manager.thats wat my sources tell me anyway's and they never lie

Does 6 times mean thats how many birthdays you have had ? :rasp
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls