Please post your football related Polls in this forum

2 and a half years on - And 60+ million spent

yes
61%
no
39%

Total votes : 23

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:27 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Does everyone of the disallusioned fans think that if we played these games spread out over the season that we would of lost them all ?

Rafa brought in a number of new players, which most fans seemed really happy with, players take time to fit in and build an understanding with new team mates...thats a fact.
If we had played Watford and Charlton away instead of Chelsea and Arsenal do you all think that our away record would be as dire ?

If the fixtures had been kinder the new players might of bedded in, we might of played these teams when we were in form and the results could of been different.
I know we havent moved on from last season YET, but give the manager a break and lets see how we fare in our away games from now on, after all we won in Bordeaux and drew a very awkward game in PSV so its not all bad.

I am confident we will pick our away form up now, and climb the league.

I don't know if we would have lost them all, but I'm not filled with my usual levels of high optimism when we come against the top three in league (particularly in away games). That's not to say I don't have optimism when we come against the big three.

You're right, Rafa did bring in new faces and as we all know (well most of us know) new faces do take time to settle in, I've not criticised players like Pennant, Bellamy, Palletta, Gonzales and Aurelio, I understand that they will take a while to adjust to a new team, new surroundings both on and off the pitch, new training methods and so forth.

If we played Watford and Charlton I'm sure we would have won and got points, I'm sure we would have a much better away form, but that to me doesn't make any difference, we would of had to face the big three, Bolton and Everton away at some point in the season, we just have to face facts that we are not up to the level of the big three at the moment, I'm not just talking about facing them in a match, I'm talking about going toe to toe with them over thirty eight matches.

I don't think facing the likes of Watford instead of Man Utd earlier in the season would have made much (if any) difference to the time our new players are taking in imbedding into the squad, if anything it's a plus point that players like Gonzales faced Man Utd early because than he is more prepared for the match at Anfield.

If you're referring to me, then I am giving Rafa space, time and he has my full support, I think I've been fair and constructive in my criticisms of Rafa, I don't think I've criticised him in an over the top manner and I've praised him many a time.

However I do feel we have moved backwards since last season, thus far in the league, we had a pretty decent away record last season compared to the season before (I know we faced good team, top teams early this season, but that's not what my point is about) we have a similar away form to that of Rafa's first season in charge. I agree with you we can only make a full scale judgement once the season is complete; however I am making observations of the season so far, which I feel I'm entitled to do. I acknowledge that we are moving forward in the league, last season showed that and I feel we moved too fast last season, which carried and still carry's a huge burden on this season, IMO this season will be somewhat a failure if we fail to improve upon last season, even if it's only a slight improvement, it's an improvement nonetheless. I feel we are going in the right direction, but sadly I still think we haven't made much progress since Houllier, even Houllier had one outstanding season as our manager, Evans didn't do too badly either, so really we haven't made much progress for well over a decade, despite some high standing league positions.

That's not to say we aren't going in the right direction under Rafa, because we are, I know the task Rafa has taken on, it's not easy, but he will deliver, but IMO it's naive to say we've made mass improvements since the days of Houllier, in cup competitions we have improved old big ears is a fine example of that, but in terms of the league, I don't think so, I'll grant you that we have made an improvement, but not much, not enough to say we've improved a lot, because we haven't and I don't think it's disillusioned to say that, because I think it's the correct statement.
67-1161385641

Postby lfc-all-my-life » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:33 pm

i am a true fan,i have supported them since they won the treble in 2000/2001 and i think i mite be one of the top fans,i supported liverpool tru thick and thin
lfc-all-my-life

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:41 pm

lfc-all-my-life wrote:i am a true fan,i have supported them since they won the treble in 2000/2001 and i think i mite be one of the top fans,i supported liverpool tru thick and thin

:D
67-1161385641

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:53 pm

f*cking borat fans. they see someone being stupid and think its funny...which it is, if u r borat, not some numpty nonce.

Back to the topic. We are progressing, but its too slow. We are still on the 2nd year of a 5 year plan that started 6 years ago?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfc-all-my-life » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:18 pm

im not trying to be like borat? ???? ??? :angry:
ffs,im just expressing my opinion,i will report u if u acuse me of childish things again
lfc-all-my-life

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:28 pm

lfc-all-my-life wrote:im not trying to be like borat? ???? ??? :angry:
ffs,im just expressing my opinion,i will report u if u acuse me of childish things again

fella, you've been here hours and are obviously obsessed with Liverpool FC...yet you've still to post anything funny.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:35 pm

We were all newbies once, but newbies who try to be funny get peoples backs up.

So take note and start posting properly or you'll find your posts deleted as soon as you have hit the submit button.  Take the football seriously please, post your shit in General Chat.
jonnymac1979

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:53 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:We were all newbies once, but newbies who try to be funny get peoples backs up.

So take note and start posting properly or you'll find your posts deleted as soon as you have hit the submit button.  Take the football seriously please, post your shit in General Chat.

:bowdown

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:55 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

fella, you've been here hours and are obviously obsessed with Liverpool FC...yet you've still to post anything funny.

lfc-all-my-life   chill out dude   ???   

hey kewell...  i love your aviator...    :D
Last edited by matrix on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfc-all-my-life » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:03 pm

im not trying to be funny though,i love liverpool and i supported them since 2001
lfc-all-my-life

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:37 pm

lfc-all-my-life wrote:im not trying to be funny though,i love liverpool and i supported them since 2001

:laugh:

Going by your name, does that make you five then.?  :D
66-1112520797

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:40 pm

matrix wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

lfc-all-my-life   chill out dude   ???   

hey kewell...  i love your aviator...    :D

thanks, i call it then Zenden...he's always running, but never touching the ball  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:40 pm

Waddap
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:50 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:If you're referring to me, then I am giving Rafa space, time and he has my full support, I think I've been fair and constructive in my criticisms of Rafa, I don't think I've criticised him in an over the top manner and I've praised him many a time.

However I do feel we have moved backwards since last season, thus far in the league, we had a pretty decent away record last season compared to the season before (I know we faced good team, top teams early this season, but that's not what my point is about) we have a similar away form to that of Rafa's first season in charge. I agree with you we can only make a full scale judgement once the season is complete; however I am making observations of the season so far, which I feel I'm entitled to do. I acknowledge that we are moving forward in the league, last season showed that and I feel we moved too fast last season, which carried and still carry's a huge burden on this season, IMO this season will be somewhat a failure if we fail to improve upon last season, even if it's only a slight improvement, it's an improvement nonetheless. I feel we are going in the right direction, but sadly I still think we haven't made much progress since Houllier, even Houllier had one outstanding season as our manager, Evans didn't do too badly either, so really we haven't made much progress for well over a decade, despite some high standing league positions.

That's not to say we aren't going in the right direction under Rafa, because we are, I know the task Rafa has taken on, it's not easy, but he will deliver, but IMO it's naive to say we've made mass improvements since the days of Houllier, in cup competitions we have improved old big ears is a fine example of that, but in terms of the league, I don't think so, I'll grant you that we have made an improvement, but not much, not enough to say we've improved a lot, because we haven't and I don't think it's disillusioned to say that, because I think it's the correct statement.

I was referring to fans in general, everyone is entitled to voice there opinion, thats what this forum is for.
What i am trying to urge fans to do is see the bigger picture.
I am as gutted as the next fan at the way our away form has gone this season (in the league), but i really think it is similar to last season, do you remember how you felt last season when we lost 2-0 at Fulham early on, and then were dumped out of the league cup by palace ?
Probably pretty similar to how you feel now.
I am not trying to defend Rafa blindly and know some of the blame does lie with him. Over rotation at the start of the season hindered things and cost us the win at Sheffield United that we should definately of been getting.
But all i am asking for is a bit of perspective, yes we have lost the big games again but evaluate the away form when we have played a few more and see if its as bad.
As you said you can evaluate it now if you like but its not exactly accurate is it ?
We havent become a bad team over night away from home, Everton and Bolton away we were on the end of shocking decisions that changed the game, and obviously confidence does come into it.
If we win at Middlesbrough and then at Wigan and Charlton (which is easily possible) then people will forget all about this supposed away day problem.
Everyone has there own opinion of things and mine remains as optimistic as ever but with a hint of disappointment about how the start of this league campaign has gone.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:17 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I was referring to fans in general, everyone is entitled to voice there opinion, thats what this forum is for.
What i am trying to urge fans to do is see the bigger picture.
I am as gutted as the next fan at the way our away form has gone this season (in the league), but i really think it is similar to last season, do you remember how you felt last season when we lost 2-0 at Fulham early on, and then were dumped out of the league cup by palace ?
Probably pretty similar to how you feel now.
I am not trying to defend Rafa blindly and know some of the blame does lie with him. Over rotation at the start of the season hindered things and cost us the win at Sheffield United that we should definately of been getting.
But all i am asking for is a bit of perspective, yes we have lost the big games again but evaluate the away form when we have played a few more and see if its as bad.
As you said you can evaluate it now if you like but its not exactly accurate is it ?
We havent become a bad team over night away from home, Everton and Bolton away we were on the end of shocking decisions that changed the game, and obviously confidence does come into it.
If we win at Middlesbrough and then at Wigan and Charlton (which is easily possible) then people will forget all about this supposed away day problem.
Everyone has there own opinion of things and mine remains as optimistic as ever but with a hint of disappointment about how the start of this league campaign has gone.

I agree, I'd like everyone to see the bigger picture, but not everyone will, which is why we have forums (as you well know :D ). It was similar to last season and I felt pretty hacked off, but I'm more sensible than to rant about sacking Rafa and selling players. Rafa is too blame for some of the results this season, I don't mind rotation, but not rotation of the defence to me that's suicide, especially considering how well the defence played last season, equalling the clean sheet record and being very consistent and hard to break down. I agree with that, I tend to do mini evaluations every so often and then make one large observation and evaluation at the end of the season, I'm quite mad like that. It's not accurate to make mass evaluations and come out with such things as "fourth is all we can hope for", whilst I think we can't realistically win the league, we do not know what's around the corner, so it's evaluations like that, which cannot be cast because football is a funny old game, I refer people back to a few seasons ago when United piped Arsenal to the league when they were thirteen points behind them at Xmas.

We're not a bad team, but we aren't yet as good over a season as Arsenal, United and Chelsea, we have a lot of work to do, but I can see our fortunes changing under Rafa in the next few years. I agree I felt we were robbed at Everton and Bolton, but these things happen, we showed in those two games that we just aren't IMO championship quality as of yet, I know decisions knock confidence, but we should of been able to comeback and grind out a point if not the three points, we haven't shown much guts this season and that counts for a lot, when the chips are down, you need to be able to fight against the odds and we can't do that yet. I felt that a few performances this season have been spineless, the Arsenal match was a prime example of this, but I don't want to be too critical of the team, Arsenal played some exceptional football and we'll play that stuff under Rafa soon.

People will forget, but these three wins cannot hide the fact that we aren't quite good enough to mount a strong challenge with the top three, I know it's a bold statement to make, but that's what I feel, I know we can beat them at home, there is no denying that, but we need to improve our away performances against the top sides if we want to serious push the wind up Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd.

I'm optimistic, I have no reason to be pessimistic, if I was a Newcastle supporter than yes, I would have very little optimism, but we seem to be going on strong in the FA cup, our home form is good and we can clearly see we are heading in the right direction under Rafa.
67-1161385641

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls