Collocini (excuse spelling)
7%
Fabio Aurellio
No votes
Other
14%

Total votes : 14

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:26 pm

No, it's not just another one of those annoying "who do you want?" Polls (well, kinda) but this one is based on the names believed to be on Rafa's hitlist. We're gonna buy one of them, I'm sure but who would you have.

It's not a particullarly easy choice. Collocini has undoubted skills but can be seen as a bit of a sulker. Agger is "promising" and therefore a gamble. And Aurellio is the perfect age for a defender at 26 but he has got a touch of that Brazilian "who gives a cr@p, we'll just score more" mentality. Collocini and Aurellio both play in spain which makes me a bit wary as most defenders in La Liga haven't really been tought how to tackle, whereas Agger plays tough, hard Danish style football, but whereas he will spend most of the season playing against virtual unknowns, the other two play against some of the best strikers in the world. Aurellio has worked with Rafa before, but after Pellegrino, I don't know if that is necessarily a good thing.

So my choice is... I'm still choosing.  :Oo:  :oops:  :cool:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:29 pm

I'm going for Agger, if nothing else the 'Agger do do do' chants should be fun.

no they would'nt.
Last edited by neil on Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:57 pm

neil wrote:I'm going for Agger, if nothing else the 'Agger do do do' chants should be fun.

LOL :buttrock

Thats fantastic!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby AlanHansen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:15 pm

Agger, he's young so he can be moulded and he's in the danish national team so he must be at least average, he'll be used to the northern european style of playing as well.
AlanHansen

Postby simic_ie » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:17 pm

Aurelio is a left back
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:56 pm

agger for me got my vote :D
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby karnevale (dk) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:03 pm

Hi guys.

I'm a long-time Brondby fan, and I have to tell one thing: Agger is the best defender to come out of Denmark - ever! Well, he has only played on the best team in Brondby since august 2004, but in this period he has performed at (literally) "out-of-this-league" standard EVERY SINGLE TIME.

He is a centre-half, but can be used as a left back. He has a strong left foot, good pace and is very good in the attacking elements of the game, while still excellent in the defensive.

PS. Tonight he has been elected the biggest talent in Danish sport - an honor seldom given to footballers.
karnevale (dk)

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:30 pm

karnevale (dk) wrote:Hi guys.

I'm a long-time Brondby fan, and I have to tell one thing: Agger is the best defender to come out of Denmark - ever! Well, he has only played on the best team in Brondby since august 2004, but in this period he has performed at (literally) "out-of-this-league" standard EVERY SINGLE TIME.

He is a centre-half, but can be used as a left back. He has a strong left foot, good pace and is very good in the attacking elements of the game, while still excellent in the defensive.

PS. Tonight he has been elected the biggest talent in Danish sport - an honor seldom given to footballers.

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum dude. That certainly swings it a bit for me.  :)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:10 pm

I mentioned Agger in one of the other posts.  He didn't give Rooney & co a kick against England plus as he's left footed he'd be an ideal replacement for Hyppia.
Red Indian

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:33 am

Agger all the way.

The boy is a great prospect and very young. At 20 years old he is in his international side and regaurded by the pundits as a brilliant prospect. He has won Danish young talent of the year and because he is so young rafa can teach him to play his brand of football.

We wont see the best of him at the start but he will learn quickly especially with carra and sami as guides.

Pity he isnt that amazing on champ :D
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:20 am

Agger sounds to be the best option and way for Rafa to go currently. There isn't much more that can be said on the subject really at the moment as he isn't our player YET but from the info our danish friend has provided (thanks for that) it sounds as though he is gonna be one of europes top prospects and we should get in there before somebody else does.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:36 am

Players like Hansen and Lawro from the past and more latterley Carragher were blooded at an early age in the top league and so for me there is no real gamble going for the young Agger.

If the reports coming out of Denmark are to be believed then he sounds like a fabulous prospect and could easily step up to the Premiership level.

I liked Ufylasi from the Czech Republic after watching him in the Euro Championships a couple of years back, whatever happened to him ????
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:26 am

aye he was sharp wasnt he..ask Van nistelrooy. :D  Did a search for him there but nothing turned up.
Would like to have seen him play in the premiership,he was cut out for it thats for sure.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:30 pm

Signing Agger is proving to be difficult, agreeing on the fee seems to be the main problem at the moment.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:32 am

Mikz wrote:aye he was sharp wasnt he..ask Van nistelrooy. :D  Did a search for him there but nothing turned up.
Would like to have seen him play in the premiership,he was cut out for it thats for sure.

Probabbly not spelt his name right to get anything out of Google !  :D

I think he (Uflyisi that is) went to Inter Milan after the championships.

He was superb during the Eoro 2004 comp. Strong and quick and great in the air.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls