Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Been some pundits saying hes a poor player well he is now but did have ability just no application.

It was his career and he just couldnt apply himself correctly and really only Mancini got a tune out of him at City for a period in a very good team at that time.

Just shows though that without really doing anything in the game you can make incredible amounts of money with the right Agent, they charge plenty and had plenty of Balotelli but he will be set up for life. From a financial perspective his career has been a fantastic success under the circumstances.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:09 am

It is clear he is bad for team spirit and the fact that other players do not come out in support of him is telling. The fact he was training with the kids and now alone tells me is bad for moral and team spirit. If you carry that much baggage you better score goals and in the last three years he could not hit a barn with a banjo. If you don't train hard in football you lose ground quickly as talented as you may be and he has been hyped for so long as a potentially great player that he believed his own press and felt he could ride his talent without hard graft.

Clearly he does not really love football!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Mario Balotelli has completed his move from #LFC to Nice on a free transfer. Permanent deal, not a loan. No transfer fee from Nice for Balotelli but LFC haven't had to pay him off, which had been the fear.

James Pearce - Liverpool Echo
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:54 pm

Hallelujah!! Frees up cash for someone more critically needed, like a DM or a LB. Alas, Herr Klopp may have left it waaaay too late for either  :angry:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:20 pm

What a complete waste of time and money. So desperate to get rid of him, we've let him go on a free after only 2 years earlier spending £16m on him. Shambles of a signing, especially when you consider all the warning signs were there. Lets hope transfer committee disasterous signings like this are a thing of the past
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:23 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:54 pm wrote:Hallelujah!! Frees up cash for someone more critically needed, like a DM or a LB. Alas, Herr Klopp may have left it waaaay too late for either  :angry:

Don't know about freeing up money. Obviously wages but we've effectively written off £16m after only 2 years. He is so bad, no one wanted to touch him with a barge pole unless he came on a free. What a ridiculous chapter
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:45 pm

When he was at city i though this lad may make it big. It funny how no one wants him and he just ends up on free. Good luck to Nice.
I don't know why Brendan gambled on him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:03 pm

He's finished. In the Premier League at least.

He got away with his antics as a promising teenager, but he's not a kid anymore and not all that promising either. In fact, he's distinctly average and a shining example of a talent unfulfilled.

It will hit him one day...probably in his early 30s that he's wasted his career. By then it'll be too late.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:31 pm

What is his so called talent by the way? He's got a terrible first touch.. when he tries a trick it gets stuck under his feet, and he struggles to make a accurate 5 yard pass. I wanted him to do well here but he's absolutely useless!! I liked the fact he hated United and that was it.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:40 pm

Quite shocking the only way to get rid of him was on a free. He should be shamed of himself... what a statement about the lack of respect clubs have for him. What a tw@t.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:41 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:31 am wrote:What is his so called talent by the way? He's got a terrible first touch.. when he tries a trick it gets stuck under his feet, and he struggles to make a accurate 5 yard pass. I wanted him to do well here but he's absolutely useless!! I liked the fact he hated United and that was it.

He has more raw talent than any player in our squad. In terms of talent, he's up there for me with the Hazards, Ozils, and Agueros of the league. He could have gone on and had an Ibrahimovic type of career and been recognized as one of the best forwards in the world but his application never matched his talent.  Ben Arfa had a similar issue (another extraordinary talent who ended up at Nice when no one wanted him and reinvented himself there) and he signed for PSG this season. For his sake, I hope Mario is given every chance to succeed there, and I hope he does well.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Raw talent my hole.... The guy is a headbanger. Needs a good slapping. He's not a kid. He's an overrated diva who doesn't know the meaning of hard work. He's had plenty of opportunities to get his sh1t together and spurned them all.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Octsky » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:05 am

wow free after 2 years?
16m write off just afte 2 years.
wow.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:43 am

aCe' » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:41 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:31 am wrote:What is his so called talent by the way? He's got a terrible first touch.. when he tries a trick it gets stuck under his feet, and he struggles to make a accurate 5 yard pass. I wanted him to do well here but he's absolutely useless!! I liked the fact he hated United and that was it.

He has more raw talent than any player in our squad. In terms of talent, he's up there for me with the Hazards, Ozils, and Agueros of the league.

:wwww   :)

He's athletic I will grant you but cannot be compared technically with those you mentioned. His main asset is power but those three are highly skilful, I would never call power and strength " raw talent" but that is just how I see football.  I think if he never did the crazy things he did he would never have been as famous through football alone as he gets way more press than he deserves and most of it is bullsh1t. I thought he was over rated even when he was at City. He's famous for being famous, not for being a great footballer. He did not train like he needed to improve and that is why he regressed and deservedly so.

Happy it is over and that he's gone. As it turned out, it was a poor decision to sign him. Onwards and upwards!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:21 am

Just fk off and never step in Liverpool and especially Formby, where the annoying dope lived, ever again - YOU ARE A TOTAL WASTE OF SPACE !!  What an embarrassment you are to football and the fans that pay your ridiculous wages. Good riddance !!

And to think I actually defended the club when they took a £16m gamble on you. Given that it was probably your last opportunity to prove yourself as a top-class footballer I actually stupidly thought that you would give it a good go. No doubt the misguided Nice fans are thinking the same. Why is it that there is always a club that is prepared to pay you stupid money to prat around like a three year old !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext