SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:43 am

Kash_Mountain » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:35 am wrote:I think we do need a better Goal Keeping Coach. John Achterberg is not doing to well with Mingers

Are you joking? Achterberg (while not being a fabulous keeper himself) is regarded as being one of the best goalkeeping coaches in Europe.

Mignolet has no quality, he's not good enough and weak in most area's. Its not the coaches fault when a player isn't good enough. Its down to the player, you can't make diamonds out of sh*t, never have been able to, never will be able to. Not ever.

Its pathetic the way people think you can coach sh*t players to become good, you can't. Simple as that.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Getting bit of a bashing by Neville and Carra tonight on MNF. Think Mignolet is a decent enough keeper but just doesn't dominate enough for me and so never instil's any confidence. Can pull off quality saves but not sure his all round game is good enough for where we want to be. Looking around the league, the likes of Courtois, Cech, De Gea, Lloris, Begovic, Hart are all better. I'd bunch him with the likes of Howard, Guzan, Krul, Szczesny and it could be argued even some of those have the edge over them. Like the look of Forster at Southampton and think we should have been in for him
Doeboy

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:41 pm

the problem is hes indecisive sometimes and to hasty in others. i agree with forster  and joe hart being rested again seems theres something going on behind the scenes at citeh. Would defo take him but theyd be so many clubs in for him. Whats happening with the barca keeper is he still injured hed be ok.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 am

Don't think Valdes is that good to be honest. Decent enough keeper playing in a fantastic side but nothing special IMO
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Joe Hart - no, just no.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:00 pm

Doeboy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 am wrote:Don't think Valdes is that good to be honest. Decent enough keeper playing in a fantastic side but nothing special IMO

Was thinking that myself.  Does playing in a brilliant team where most games hes basically just watching lol.  Hes one of them keepers when i think back and carnt remember him doing many great saves. Also another problem for us has been crosses and i have seen him punching insteading of catching easy balls which they do alot on the continent.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:01 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:10 pm wrote:Joe Hart - no, just no.

i know mate i think hes an arrogant s.o.b also lol.  how about petr cech in january
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

ballotelliman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:41 pm wrote:the problem is hes indecisive sometimes and to hasty in others. i agree with forster  and joe hart being rested again seems theres something going on behind the scenes at citeh. Would defo take him but theyd be so many clubs in for him. Whats happening with the barca keeper is he still injured hed be ok.

Hart is quality but his kicking is poor. His footwork and distribution leave a lot to be desired for such a good goalkeeper. Its his achillies heel and just so happens thats what we need a keeper to do. Not a good idea unless we change style.

As for Valdes, can't be any worse than Mig No Let so if he's on a free he needs to be signed. Mignolet is a complete flop. Devaney, take note.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:03 pm

ballotelliman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:01 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:10 pm wrote:Joe Hart - no, just no.

i know mate i think hes an arrogant s.o.b also lol.  how about petr cech in january

Petr Cech is a great keeper, but i cannot see Maureen strengthening us, especially after Sturridge
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:04 pm

We need a beast of a keeper, Begovic is the man we should have broke the bank for when Mignolet was bought, at the time Stoke wanted Assaidi (who and where is he hiding btw??) and we should have leveraged Assaidi against the purchase
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:07 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:We need a beast of a keeper, Begovic is the man we should have broke the bank for when Mignolet was bought, at the time Stoke wanted Assaidi (who and where is he hiding btw??) and we should have leveraged Assaidi against the purchase

lol cardiff red was just thinking  whose that cardiff keeper was outstounding when in prem.  Marshall whats ur take on him
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:30 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:We need a beast of a keeper, Begovic is the man we should have broke the bank for when Mignolet was bought, at the time Stoke wanted Assaidi (who and where is he hiding btw??) and we should have leveraged Assaidi against the purchase

Assaidi came on for stoke yesterday with around 10 minutes to go didnt do much

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm

ballotelliman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:07 pm wrote:

lol cardiff red was just thinking  whose that cardiff keeper was outstounding when in prem.  Marshall whats ur take on him

David Marshall is a very good and solid keeper, but no better than Mignolet to tell the truth

Think we need to go all out for Begovic
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:34 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm wrote:
ballotelliman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:07 pm wrote:

David Marshall is a very good and solid keeper, but no better than Mignolet to tell the truth

Think we need to go all out for Begovic

i know what you mean and over the years hes been linked with all the best teams but never seems to go through. the thing about him i like apart from being an excellent shop stopper is he seems very calm and doesnt seem to flap or make as many clangers as most keepers which is what we defo need.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Like I said earlier, don't think Valdes is the answer. Different than Mignolet but at about the same level as him IMO. Too error prone for my liking. He had a good season last season though, if he can do that again I'll be happy with him.

But if we want to improve the goalie position, we need to go for the sure thing. We all know who that is.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion