SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 am

I can see us going for the Cardiff keeper if they go down because he will be cheap and someone to put pressure on Mig, I can't say I would be happy with that, if we are to continue this form into next season with CL football as well we will need top class players in key positions such as between the sticks
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 am

Stu the Red » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:19 pm wrote:Begovic is a must. He's the best in England and easily top five in europe.

The lad oozes quality in everything he does.

As for Mignolet not being a flop... I don't quite get how you can say he isn't. He's been a spectacular failiure and the ONLY reasons he's gotten away with it is due to our ridiculous stats and ability going forward. Had we been anything less than the best attacking side in England and one of the best in the world, he'd have been absolutely hammered.

The amount of times we've had to score two or even three or four to win a game is a f*cking joke, he's a large part of the reason for this.

Luckily, we have Suarez.

Mignolet,Johnson, Lucas, Skrtel, Sterling (your Championship player), Sturridge (your impact sub), Henderson (your mr average) and Cissoko have somehow helped us go 5 points clear at the top of the table. None of these players deserve the garbage you come out with. Improvements need to be made and we have to strengthen the squad. The progression in the way that we play compared with two years ago is phenomenal. Yes we have one of the best attacks in the world which is going to make others players in the team look poor by comparison. If you set up to score goals you leave yourself more vulnerable to the opposition also be more likely to score. Everybody has contributed to an amazing league season. Some have performed better than others. Constructive criticism is fine. Castigation certainly isn't. You constantly look for player mistakes to back up your opinion. Give it a rest ffs. It's tedious and downright fkg boring. Sterling, Sturridge, Henderson and Skrtel have all proved your theories to be a little silly. Mignolet has also saved us several times this season which you prefer to ignore.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:57 am

devaney » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:19 pm wrote:Begovic is a must. He's the best in England and easily top five in europe.

The lad oozes quality in everything he does.

As for Mignolet not being a flop... I don't quite get how you can say he isn't. He's been a spectacular failiure and the ONLY reasons he's gotten away with it is due to our ridiculous stats and ability going forward. Had we been anything less than the best attacking side in England and one of the best in the world, he'd have been absolutely hammered.

The amount of times we've had to score two or even three or four to win a game is a f*cking joke, he's a large part of the reason for this.

Luckily, we have Suarez.

Mignolet,Johnson, Lucas, Skrtel, Sterling (your Championship player), Sturridge (your impact sub), Henderson (your mr average) and Cissoko have somehow helped us go 5 points clear at the top of the table. None of these players deserve the garbage you come out with. Improvements need to be made and we have to strengthen the squad. The progression in the way that we play compared with two years ago is phenomenal. Yes we have one of the best attacks in the world which is going to make others players in the team look poor by comparison. If you set up to score goals you leave yourself more vulnerable to the opposition also be more likely to score. Everybody has contributed to an amazing league season. Some have performed better than others. Constructive criticism is fine. Castigation certainly isn't. You constantly look for player mistakes to back up your opinion. Give it a rest ffs. It's tedious and downright fkg boring. Sterling, Sturridge, Henderson and Skrtel have all proved your theories to be a little silly. Mignolet has also saved us several times this season which you prefer to ignore.

Oh look, changing the subject because you're another one who knows they've got it wrong.

The fact is we've got away with as many as we have because of Suarez being so good. The under appreciation he gets is quite frankly laughable.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 am

Stu. How have I changed the subject? So now we have a one man team. Just what the fk are you smoking up there on that cloud  :help
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:50 am

devaney » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 am wrote:Stu. How have I changed the subject? So now we have a one man team. Just what the fk are you smoking up there on that cloud  :help

You're trying to make yourself look clever because Mignolet has made mistake after mistake. Not to mention poor general play such as his kicking, ability to control a ball and pass it and his ability to command his box and calm players around him.

He's gotten away with it lightly this season due to our superb attacking play, but he is not and never will be the answer. Had he had the same season and our attack hadn't been able to score two's threes and fours in almost every game we'd have been up sh*t creek.

As I said in another thread, we've conceded more than Palace and Hull... He's a major reason for that. I would go as far as to say that well over half of the goals we've conceded this season have been down to individual errors and poor decisions made by players in defence. Very few have been directly down to the shape of the team.

With regards to Suarez its understandable you can't see his importance. Generally people don't understand intelligent play, correct decision making, vision, off the ball movement and influence. People often don't see the big picture. Luckily for us, we have a player that see's everything, scores a bucket full and sets nearly everything else up. In terms of importance, he's irreplacable. The same can't be said for any other player in the squad. Even Coutinho, Sterling and Gerrard.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 am

Stu the Red » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:50 am wrote:
devaney » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 am wrote:Stu. How have I changed the subject? So now we have a one man team. Just what the fk are you smoking up there on that cloud  :help

You're trying to make yourself look clever because Mignolet has made mistake after mistake. Not to mention poor general play such as his kicking, ability to control a ball and pass it and his ability to command his box and calm players around him.

He's gotten away with it lightly this season due to our superb attacking play, but he is not and never will be the answer. Had he had the same season and our attack hadn't been able to score two's threes and fours in almost every game we'd have been up sh*t creek.

As I said in another thread, we've conceded more than Palace and Hull... He's a major reason for that. I would go as far as to say that well over half of the goals we've conceded this season have been down to individual errors and poor decisions made by players in defence. Very few have been directly down to the shape of the team.

With regards to Suarez its understandable you can't see his importance. Generally people don't understand intelligent play, correct decision making, vision, off the ball movement and influence. People often don't see the big picture. Luckily for us, we have a player that see's everything, scores a bucket full and sets nearly everything else up. In terms of importance, he's irreplacable. The same can't be said for any other player in the squad. Even Coutinho, Sterling and Gerrard.

Patronising twa.t  :laugh:  Stu I suggest you read the Suarez thread before resorting to more of your usual nonsense. I do however find it amusing that you have included our Champinship player alongside Gerrard and Coutinho. Your assessment are simply over the top. To consider Mignolet a flop is nonsense. What you have written about Skrtel is mostly pathetic garbage. I could go on but what is the point.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Here are most of Mignolet's saves. The reason I'm posting this isn't to point out something that we already know, that he's a great shot stopper but poor at crosses and commanding his area, but to point out that he deserves a bit more credit than we are giving him. Most of those saves are made while our defense is either no where to be found or is all over the place. It's easier for goalies who have their entire team in front of them and Mignolet deserves credit for doing well while working with one of the most disorganized defenses.

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu May 29, 2014 5:19 pm

damjan193 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:41 pm wrote:Here are most of Mignolet's saves. The reason I'm posting this isn't to point out something that we already know, that he's a great shot stopper but poor at crosses and commanding his area, but to point out that he deserves a bit more credit than we are giving him. Most of those saves are made while our defense is either no where to be found or is all over the place. It's easier for goalies who have their entire team in front of them and Mignolet deserves credit for doing well while working with one of the most disorganized defenses.

Credit for what?

What on earth does this lad deserve credit for?

Conceding 50 goals in a league season?

I find it laughable that people are trying to defend his performances this season. The only reason that people are  You could have replaced him with almost anyone and we would have been no worse off. We have been a disgrace at the back this season... not average, but a disgrace. I cant remember the last time we conceded 50 goals in a season... Hes a major reason weve conceded the massive number of goals we have. Whats worse is the standard of some of the goals weve conceded... theyve been absolutely abysmal in some circumstances. Most of which have been down to stupid individual errors also.

Mignolet needs to be replaced this summer, if not, we will fall short again next season.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 29, 2014 5:36 pm

With Fabianski going to Swansea it looks ever more likely that Vorm will be coming here.
I'd much rather we went for a big commanding keeper like Begovic myself, Vorm is like Reina and Mingolet in the sense that he isn't the biggest and he can be crowded out at corners.
With our CB's not being the greatest in the air you'd think Brendan would want a keeper that could come out and give them a hand by collecting a few crosses.
Fed up of watching our keepers flap at crosses.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Stu the Red » Thu May 29, 2014 5:19 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:41 pm wrote:Here are most of Mignolet's saves. The reason I'm posting this isn't to point out something that we already know, that he's a great shot stopper but poor at crosses and commanding his area, but to point out that he deserves a bit more credit than we are giving him. Most of those saves are made while our defense is either no where to be found or is all over the place. It's easier for goalies who have their entire team in front of them and Mignolet deserves credit for doing well while working with one of the most disorganized defenses.

Credit for what?

What on earth does this lad deserve credit for?

Conceding 50 goals in a league season?

I find it laughable that people are trying to defend his performances this season. The only reason that people are  You could have replaced him with almost anyone and we would have been no worse off. We have been a disgrace at the back this season... not average, but a disgrace. I cant remember the last time we conceded 50 goals in a season... Hes a major reason weve conceded the massive number of goals we have. Whats worse is the standard of some of the goals weve conceded... theyve been absolutely abysmal in some circumstances. Most of which have been down to stupid individual errors also.

Mignolet needs to be replaced this summer, if not, we will fall short again next season.

You're saying it as if it's entirely his fault. With that kind of defending in front of him, of course he's going to concede 50 goals. Just look at the vid man, those defenders are all over the place. I agree that Mign has his faults, but he had to work with a very disorganized defense. I think we should address to that first, and then look at new goalies.

I agree with Yakka, Vorm won't be good enough for me, I don't think that he's overally better than Mignolet. Begovic on the other hand, now that's a keeper that I think we all want to see.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri May 30, 2014 7:48 am

Vorm would be an improvement and a big one at that. He is the type of keeper we could do with he is a good keeper... However... He is injury prone and it doesn't make sense to go for him when begovic would be obtainable as he is far superior.

Mignolet is distinctly average at best and he is a major reason the defence lacks organisation and confidence. Good players breed confidence and organisation and this isn't something mignolet does. He causes panic and uncertainty in basic situations. He is no where near good enough and the importance of a good keeper is massive. Personally I think its more important to have a quality keeper than a quality defence. Mignolet has been a complete flop and has to go, no where near good enough. A new keeper is a massive priority this summer
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri May 30, 2014 8:32 am

Perhaps we could use him as an impact sub  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri May 30, 2014 10:01 am

I advocate improving the team and squad by signing Pedro and moving Sturridge to the bench and you think thats a bad thing?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri May 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Pedro started more games, scored 6 fewer goals than Danny and had one more assist. Scoring goals in La Liga playing for Barcelona is far easier than scoring goals playing for Liverpool in the Premiership. Just what would we get from Pedro that we don't get from Danny. Ok he may be slightly less selfish and not prone to such impetuosity but is Pedro capable of scoring half the goals Danny has in the Premiership? At the moment I don't think it is broken so why try and fix it?

By the way I have just watched your impact sub score an absolute worldie to wake up England. This is why I disagree with people who get on his back in terms of decision making. Danny has scored a lot of amazing goals this season yet when he misses he gets criticised for making a poor decision. Yes he's got attitude and he can appear cocky but that is what makes him what he is. By the way having seen him interviewed on several occasions I don't think that his attitude is a problem and I certainly don't think that he is that cocky.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri May 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Comparing Pedro to Sturridge is similar to comparing xavi too Joe Allen.... But whatever. You're into I suppose. At the end of the day, I like great players and team players.I will always favour great team players over good individuals with serious attitude and ego problems. Its takes a balance, Danny has his uses. He is a f*cking good player. But we can do better and Pedro is exactly that. Personally I dont believe in standing still and think a front four of sterling, luis, Danny and Pedro would be as good as anythin in Europe... You maybe happy for us to stagnate and let others catch up.... I wouldn't. Ps. Pedro is more of a wide forward, which means he would fit in perfectly with sterling and Suarez.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion