SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:27 pm wrote:I haven't seen the goal but he was taking a fair bit of stick from the commentators on the radio.
Keepers are generally taller, heavier and stronger than outfield players and on top of that they can use their hands as well, they shouldn't be losing out in one on one situations  :no

You can see the goals on Flashscore.com about 2 or 3 minutes after they are scored. Just clink on the video beside the goalscorers name.
http://www.flashscore.com/match/nRkTi2cE/#match-summary if that doesn't work go this way http://www.flashscore.com/
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:05 pm

devaney » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:57 pm wrote:Yakka - I watched the game on my tablet through an app called World TV Plus which is free. It stuttered a couple of times but generally it was very good. Don't know if that is any help to you for the future. To be honest mate you were lucky you didn't have to endure watching the game. We were pitiful !!

Watched it on the phone through Mobdro which is a decent app and totally free.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Terrible goalie and an indictment on Klopp. He uses his judgement to say Mignolie and that Karius  are good enough for LFC
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:42 am

Mignolet has improved in recent weeks.
As a shot stopper he is top notch, just needs to improve the rest of his game.
Made some fantastic saves vs Stoke.
Last edited by redshade on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:46 am

I've been pretty critical of Mignolet in the past, but it has to be, overall he has done a pretty good job this season. Fair play to him because he was under the spotlight from all angles after last season but he has bounced back. Been pretty steady and more importantly no dramas
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:33 am

redshade » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:42 am wrote:Mignolet has improved in recent weeks.
As a shot stopper he is top notch, just needs to improve the rest of his game.
Made some fantastic saves vs Stoke.

:nod , he had no right to make either of the two super saves he made, I think maybe the first was perhaps more down to Adam firing it straight at him but the second was sensational, especially when viewed from the camera angle right of the goal .

He's deffo put in better performances since regaining his spot from Karius, lets hope it continues.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:31 am

Mignolet should be judged on his entire Liverpool career and if we can do better then make a change, always upgrade if you can.

Personally I doubt very much Klopp will get rid of Mignolet and he will be No1 next season, if he brings his Stoke work every week then fine but hes
still damaged goods and it will take a lot more to convince me.

I just feel a goalkeeper will be a very low priority for a coach like Klopp.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:45 pm

parchpea » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 am wrote:Mignolet should be judged on his entire Liverpool career and if we can do better then make a change, always upgrade if you can.

Personally I doubt very much Klopp will get rid of Mignolet and he will be No1 next season, if he brings his Stoke work every week then fine but hes

This...

As Carra said the other week, Migs makes everyone nervous in the defence. It's infectious and I don't think any of our defenders trust him. He'd be the first out of the door if I was in charge...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:10 am

7_Kewell » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:45 pm wrote:
parchpea » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 am wrote:Mignolet should be judged on his entire Liverpool career and if we can do better then make a change, always upgrade if you can.

This...

As Carra said the other week, Migs makes everyone nervous in the defence. It's infectious and I don't think any of our defenders trust him. He'd be the first out of the door if I was in charge...

This is true. But the opposite can also be true. Maybe its the other way around... the defence may be the one that gives him the collywobbles. I don't think changing the keeper is what we need. Not everyone is a leader. We need a leader in the defence. A carra type character who can organize us and just provide a stable platform to move forward.... Even a leader at DM should be enough....  though I would prefer someone else to partner Matip.
ConnO'var

Postby parchpea » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:36 am

Mignolet may well have turned a corner but we need to see more and through the next few weeks.

To get a significantly better goalie than Mignolet will cost south of £20m if the club want to be reasonably sure with the choice, and frankly
I do not see FSG sanctioning that kind of money and wages the player would demand.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:02 pm

I don't think our players have much confidence in him TBH and not just him but most of the defence in general. I know if I was a forward player I would be cacking it every time the opposition got the ball down our end because we undo everything we have done at the other. If we don't address these areas and just sign backups then mediocrity has definitely become acceptable. It starts with the keeper for me its up to him to keep the defence on their toes and positioning them the way he wants on set pieces. A complete failure in that aspect for me.
He has played a few decent games and pulled off some good saves but can anyone on here really put their hand up and say that they are 100% confident he won't cost us in the run in ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:06 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:02 pm wrote: can anyone on here really put their hand up and say that they are 100% confident he won't cost us in the run in ?.

:no

But I could say the same about all of the defence   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Made another crucial save today. Mings performances are becoming consistent in recent games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:52 pm

redshade » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:31 pm wrote:Made another crucial save today. Mings performances are becoming consistent in recent games.

Yeah fair dues to him he saved our @rses again today, I thought he was rock solid under the high ball, if he can be as commanding as that against an ale house side like West Brom he can do it against anyone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:40 am

Looks like we aren't in the market for a new keeper this summer, Mingy must have done enough to convince Jurgen that he doesn't need one.
To be fair he has been outstanding these last few weeks, he's even looked rock solid under his old nemesis the high ball, where he used to be very timid coming out for crosses now he uses his considerable physique to bounce players out of the way and get a good fist on the ball.
Hopefully the penny has finally dropped and he now realises that although he is a keeper he still has to be aggressive in his play, opposition CF's and CB's are looking to clatter him at set pieces so he can't afford to be passive.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion