SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:54 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:25 pm wrote:Ive posted before about Mignolet's habit of going to ground to early ....well here's the proof ,why he just doesn't just make himself big until he has to dive vexes the f*ck out of me.

Agree.
His decision making is the reason why he is so dodgy. His positioning for the first was terrible, Whatever he was trying to do with the second only he knows but whatever happened to just putting 2 hands in the air and catching the damn thing. He also got lucky on a set piece when he wandered out into no mans land and the ref gave a free.
If he can go 10 games without costing us points I would be shocked but all these errors are par for Simon. 
Tell you what though whoever decided to keep Danny Ward here this season dropped a clanger. He had 43 Apps for Huddersfield last year and he would have got the same again this year. Premier league experience as well  :down: I'd love to see us throw him in but he isn't ready for the pressure between our sticks just yet and a bad game or 2 could see him disappear.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:04 pm

:laugh:
Believe it or not both Karius and Ward were born 22 June 1993.  :suspect:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:17 pm

How much £££ will we get for Migs and Karius in the current transfer market rates, to trade up for a new keeper? 20m for both? Or more/less etc.
Peanuts probably. Both a liability, I'd rather trust my NAN in goal over those two.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Some interesting words from Migs. He appears to be considering his options...

“Ten days ago, after the game against Burnley, I had a conversation with Klopp,” Mignolet told Belgian media outlet Sporza.

“In the Christmas period we had rotated again and I felt that that was not a healthy situation for a keeper.

“Klopp then told me what on Sunday was confirmed before and after the match but of course I’m not happy with that - but no heavy words have come afterwards.

“Of course I am not satisfied with that, but I always have to respect the trainer’s decision.

“After everything that has happened this season, I know where I stand and the situation has become clearer. I always try to stay calm, and I have already grown stronger from such situations.

“But of course I also have to think about my own future, the only thing I can do is focus on the training and do my best. I’m 30 years old and the World Cup is coming in. This situation can not last too long, that’s clear. I cannot say more about it.”
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:22 am

Apparently Jurgen told him that we are going to sign a keeper in the summer as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:22 am wrote:Apparently Jurgen told him that we are going to sign a keeper in the summer as well.

To be honest I prefer Mignoket to Karius... I hope that we are bringing in a new keeper!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:21 pm

He isn't happy at all at being dropped.
“Ten days ago, after the game against Burnley, I had a conversation with Klopp,” Mignolet told Belgian media outlet Sporza. “In the Christmas period we had rotated again and I felt that that was not a healthy situation for a keeper.
“Klopp then told me what on Sunday was confirmed before and after the match but of course I’m not happy with that - but no heavy words have come afterwards.

“Of course I am not satisfied with that, but I always have to respect the trainer’s decision.

“After everything that has happened this season, I know where I stand and the situation has become clearer. I always try to stay calm, and I have already grown stronger from such situations.

“But of course I also have to think about my own future, the only thing I can do is focus on the training and do my best. I’m 30 years old and the World Cup is coming in. This situation can not last too long, that’s clear. I cannot say more about it.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... annot-last

He has grown stronger from these situations but unfortunately Simon you are missing the point. You needed to get better   :nod

I would swap him in a heartbeat for Darren Randolph  :nod He has a very good all round game and is a beast between the sticks for Ireland. At 30 he is just coming into his prime. That's the kind of age bracket we should be looking at imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:21 am wrote:He isn't happy at all at being dropped.
“Ten days ago, after the game against Burnley, I had a conversation with Klopp,” Mignolet told Belgian media outlet Sporza. “In the Christmas period we had rotated again and I felt that that was not a healthy situation for a keeper.

He has grown stronger from these situations but unfortunately Simon you are missing the point. You needed to get better   :nod

I would swap him in a heartbeat for Darren Randolph  :nod He has a very good all round game and is a beast between the sticks for Ireland. At 30 he is just coming into his prime. That's the kind of age bracket we should be looking at imo.

Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:21 am wrote:He isn't happy at all at being dropped.

:wwww
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 pm

He obviously doesn't want to play second fiddle to anyone else. And if we're signing a new keeper then there's no point keeping him here. Time to move on...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Yup I agree his been here for a while and has not really progressed, he will move on in the summer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Simon seems like a decent lad but he's been here 5 years and never really convinced.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Mignolet is better than Karius but club clearly trying to force him out by declaring the German No1.

I think its fair enough as hes been here a while without improving though its also a risky strategy putting all your chips on a very poor goalkeeper in Karius and getting on your hands and knees in prayer before every game.

Mignolet will bring the best price and will be the highest wage earner, a financial and calculated football risk taken.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Promote Ward, or even better, sign a new keeper. I prefer Mignolet over Karius but neither is good enough. I'm pretty sure we'll sign a big name keeper in the summer, sell Mignolet and keep Karius as second choice. Unfortunately, I believe this will also force Ward out of the club. We're wasting that lad's potential.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 am

Cost us many points while here and has been recognized by all other teams as a weak link at crosses, ball at his feet and general positioning. I cannot believe he has not been replaced even four years ago. One of the worst keepers we have had, between him and Dudek. At least Dudek had the CL heroics.

We will never win a title with him!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion