SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:21 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:33 am wrote::laugh:
Maybe the defenders need to do their job. Or should they go too?
:;):

You have perfectly described Mignolet mate...
"Consistent poor form, constant lack of spatial awareness, repeated lack of confidence, overwhelming fear of certain situations, continual inability to do the job properly; these can all add up to getting rid of a goalie."

I don't understand why you don't get it...  ??? are you pulling everyone's legs? Cause someone who don't see it, couldn't have described Mignolet so perfectly...

I totally get it, which is why I wrote it? Mignolet is not a shi't goalie, nor is he a great one.
His form is not consistently poor, his lack of spatial awareness isn't constant, he does not have an overwhelming fear of certain situations and his inability to do the job properly is not continual.
He does, however, have a repeated lack of confidence, and he makes mistakes.
Do YOU get it??
???
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:21 pm wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:33 am wrote::laugh:
Maybe the defenders need to do their job. Or should they go too?
:;):

You have perfectly described Mignolet mate...
"Consistent poor form, constant lack of spatial awareness, repeated lack of confidence, overwhelming fear of certain situations, continual inability to do the job properly; these can all add up to getting rid of a goalie."

I don't understand why you don't get it...  ??? are you pulling everyone's legs? Cause someone who don't see it, couldn't have described Mignolet so perfectly...

I totally get it, which is why I wrote it? Mignolet is not a shi't goalie, nor is he a great one.
His form is not consistently poor, his lack of spatial awareness isn't constant, he does not have an overwhelming fear of certain situations and his inability to do the job properly is not continual.
He does, however, have a repeated lack of confidence, and he makes mistakes.
Do YOU get it??
???

Where's the slap forehead emoticon??
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Excellent post Thommo. The lad gets far too much flack. Plenty of other players have to accept responsibility for us binning  19 points this season when we have been in winning positions!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:40 pm

devaney wrote:Excellent post Thommo. The lad gets far too much flack. Plenty of other players have to accept responsibility for us binning  19 points this season when we have been in winning positions!!

No, no mate, its all the goalies fault. Its his responsibility to stop crosses coming in, make tackles and generally defend all of the last third of the pitch!
:laugh:
Lets have some honesty here: Moreno is the worst defender weve had for a while, Skirtl has been atrocious, Lovren has only started to  come good after having a nightmare for months and Clyne has been raped a couple of times, most notably by Martial. Also lets not forget how disgracefully toothless and wasteful we are up front and instead of trying to cling on to a 2-0 lead, should have been 6 or 7 in front on many occasions (the last derby being the best example of us not destroying sides) We, as a team, have been in commanding positions, only to take our foot off the gas and allow seemingly inferior opposition back in the game. AS A TEAM...
But forget all that, its Mignolet, on his own who has conceded those goals and we should exonerate anyone else on the pitch who fu'cks up, as he is the last line of defense.
:upside:
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:40 pm wrote:
devaney wrote:Excellent post Thommo. The lad gets far too much flack. Plenty of other players have to accept responsibility for us binning  19 points this season when we have been in winning positions!!

We, as a team, have been in commanding positions, only to take our foot off the gas and allow seemingly inferior opposition back in the game.
:upside:

More often than not it was a mistake by Mignolet that changed those games and not taking our foot off the gas as I saw it. I read today that Mignolet has made more mistakes that have led to goals than any prem player this season, he cannot hide from that. Without all the needless emotion is is safe to say that we will never really progress with him as a number 1. He may not be consistently bad as you said but he is too prone to mistakes and while no goalie is perfect, there are many that are much better than him and surely we deserve one.  If we want to really challenge then we need a better goalie.

Goal keeper is a different position to all the others on the field because if a striker is having a bad game there are others that can pick up the slack. The same goes for midfield and defence but if a goalie has a bad game it is almost certain defeat, there is no one else to pick up the slack. They must be more consistent and free of errors and cannot really be compared to outfield players. In a way there is more expected of them and that is what it means to be a goalie, no doubt goalies know this.

We have other issues that need addressing but goalie is one of the glaring ones and should be a top priority in the summer.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:42 pm

lets just hope he has got his monthly clanger out of the way, his error against Newcastle was annoying but ultimately meaningless, if he f[uck]s up on Thursday though that's a completely different story. Our season wasn't on the line on Saturday but it will be on Thursday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:47 am

Good post Kazza

I can't remember the exact moment of all Mignolet's mistakes  and whether or not they defined the actual result of a specific game. Let's face it I would have to be fkg  Einstein to remember that little lot!  :(  The point however that you make is a very good one and it is very clear that on many occasions Migns mistakes have inspired the opposition and crucified our confidence. Not having somebody else to take up the slack  when he is having a bad game is also a very good point.Whilst I am not going to jump on the bandwagon and castigate the lad because they have certainly been a number of occasions when he has saved us points. His heroics were certainly the reason we got into the Capital One cup final.  Having said that I do feel that he's now got to the stage when Kloppo has got to give the matter serious consideration.

Feel very sorry for the lad because apart from the occasional costly blunder he does a decent job. Very tough job being a goalie. Unlike other positions on the pitch there is no hiding place when you make a mistake!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:19 am

="maguskwt » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Why? because 2 people have a difference of opinion but because you think yours is gospel you choose to 'slap foreheads' ?
Thommo has quite clearly told you how he see's the situation but you think differently? Good on ya, it's a forum, all about discussion and stuff.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:37 am

Unfortunately Mags your inability to comprehend Thommo's excellent original post  is the key problem !!  Even after he went to the trouble of breaking it down into words of one syllable you still found it necessary to come back with some stupid comment !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:20 am

I'd get rid personally. I do agree the back 4 also needs a shake up - a new left back along with Matip coming in would suffice, but to me a new goalkeeper is paramount. I don't really need to go into the reasons as this thread is littered with them. Don't trust Mignolet at all, I'd give Ward the gloves in the remaining league games and see how he gets on
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Mignolet isn't a terrible keeper, he is nowhere near good enough for a club with top 4 aspirations. He dithers on decisions when it comes to crosses and is rarely constant when it comes to dealing with corners. In fact, one of the reasons our defence is so poor is down to the fact they don't really know what he's going to do half the time.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:06 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:19 am wrote:
="maguskwt » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Why? because 2 people have a difference of opinion but because you think yours is gospel you choose to 'slap foreheads' ?
Thommo has quite clearly told you how he see's the situation but you think differently? Good on ya, it's a forum, all about discussion and stuff.

Yes it's a forum... so can I have my slap forehead emoticon? Am I insulting anyone?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:08 pm

devaney » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:37 am wrote:Unfortunately Mags your inability to comprehend Thommo's excellent original post  is the key problem !!  Even after he went to the trouble of breaking it down into words of one syllable you still found it necessary to come back with some stupid comment !!

maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:05 pm

maguskwt

Yes it's a forum... so can I have my slap forehead emoticon? Am I insulting anyone?

I dont get offended by daft comments or silly emoticons
:buttrock
:wwww
:p
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:48 am

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:05 pm wrote:maguskwt

I dont get offended by daft comments or silly emoticons
:buttrock
:wwww
:p

Yes mate  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion