PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Boocity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 pm wrote:I don't disagree with you Yakka I was just saying if we put one in when he signed the new contract I doubt it would have been more than 100m and Barca would have triggered that last summer. Best possible scenario is we beat Barca in the final of the CL with Couts watching from the stands

We struggled to break down Everton mate, we needed a dodgy pen and a set piece, without Coutinho we aren't the same side just like Rafa's team wasn't the same side without Alonso even though we still had the likes of Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano and Carragher etc.
Coutinho made us tick and he gave the other players confidence by just being out on the park.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:06 pm

The club have tweeted it now, as have Barcelona.
That's that then.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red_indian » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Great statement from Klopp on the site
red_indian

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Well the Lad has his dream move. I for one bear no Ill will and hope he does well there. He has been a good servant to Liverpool over the time he has been with us and improved immeasurably as a player.

Thanks for the memories lad. Ynwa
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Gutted he's leaving mid-season, but that is that. Wish him the best of luck and trust Klopp to replace him.  There's no way his transfer would be given the green light if Klopp didn't have replacement(s) lined up.

In Klopp we trust
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:12 pm

red_indian » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:08 pm wrote:Great statement from Klopp on the site

Can you post it mate.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Coutinho took his children out of school two weeks ago and sold all his cars ,then  another feigned injury and Coutinho tells Liverpool he will no longer play for them,once again the club has been duplicitous in delaying the announcement of the inevitable.I mean we all knew the owners had reached an agreement weeks ago and now Coutinho leaves in even less auspicious circumstances than the last South American who lied through his substantial grid ,least the latter ensured we made the Champions League and 'as far as I remember' never refused to play ...... I hope this is the last business we ever do with this hideous and contemptible little club  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:13 pm

redshade » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm wrote:
red_indian » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:08 pm wrote:Great statement from Klopp on the site

Can you post it mate.

Jürgen Klopp offered his reaction to the news Liverpool Football Club have today reached an agreement with FC Barcelona for the transfer of Philippe Coutinho, subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with the La Liga side.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It is with great reluctance that we – as a team and club – prepare to say farewell to a good friend, a wonderful person and a fantastic player in Philippe Coutinho.

“It is no secret that Philippe has wanted this move to happen since July, when Barcelona first made their interest known.

“Philippe was insistent with me, the owners and even his teammates this was a move he was desperate to make happen.

“Despite that, we managed to keep the player here beyond the summer window, hoping that we would be able to persuade him to stay and be part of what we are looking to do.

“I can tell the Liverpool supporters that we, as a club, have done everything within our means to convince Philippe that remaining part of LFC was as attractive as moving to Spain, but he is 100 per cent certain his future – and that of his family – belongs at Barcelona. It is his dream and I am now convinced there is nothing left at our disposal to change his mind.

“Philippe has made a fantastic contribution to this club over his five years of service and as disappointed as we are he doesn’t want to extend that, the relationship we have for him means with a heavy heart we wish him well.

“The player remained dedicated and committed to helping us win matches, producing good performances and training hard each day at Melwood after the summer window had closed, despite failing to convince us to allow him to leave during that period and that level of professionalism reflects positively on him.

“Of course, it is totally understandable that supporters will be disappointed; this is always the case when you have to say goodbye to someone special. But, as hard as it is sometimes to accept, it is part of life and part of football – individuals have their own dreams and their own goals and objectives in life.

“Players will come and players will go, that is football, but as a club we are big enough and strong enough to continue with our aggressive progression on the pitch, even when we lose an important player. We have never been in a better position in recent times, as a club, to react in the right way. We will use our size and strength to absorb moments like this and still move forward.

“I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.

“I have so much belief in the talent we have here already and even more faith, together with our owners, that we will make continued investment into the playing squad, which will allow more growth and more improvement.

“So as we bid farewell to Philippe, we continue on our path of progress and development as we work towards our common goal of bringing trophies back to Anfield.”

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

Anyone who said Phil was the most important player at the club is wrong. Jurgen Klopp is
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Thanks mate.

Good words from Klopp.

We move on time to sign couple of players.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Klopp's dig at Barcelona

“I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:21 pm

Great statement from Klopp, I noticed he says best in his interest and his families. His wife was probably giving him loads of ear ache to sign asap
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Why have we sold him NOW and not in July? It makes no sense. It's a nice profit but a HUGE setback.

I would panic if I were you lot in here, as this has messed up our season big time.

I doubt we will win the champions league, and we may not get 4th spot either, as a result of this. Unless Klopp signs somebody now.

We will have to rely on Hendo, Milner, Can etc in Midfield, which is a joke.

Can the club not offload that trio also, as they are doing my nut in.
!!
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:29 pm wrote:Why have we sold him NOW and not in July? It makes no sense.

I would panic if I were you lot in here, as this has messed up our season big time.
I doubt we will win the champions league, and we may not get 4th spot either, as a result of this. Unless Klopp signs somebody now.

Cos with Phil we were gonna walk the Champions League weren't we?

Can always depend on you to keep the glass half full mate.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:29 pm wrote:Why have we sold him NOW and not in July? It makes no sense.

Coutinho going on strike would mess up our season big time...Klopp's done his best but the lad wants to go. We have to trust the gaffer on this one.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:35 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm wrote:

Coutinho going on strike would mess up our season big time...Klopp's done his best but the lad wants to go. We have to trust the gaffer on this one.

That's all very well..  but show me suitable replacements!?  we could do with bringing some one in now.
I hope Jurgen has got a trick up his sleeve as we don't get Keita till the summer, plus it's a world cup this year, so transfers in the summer will be tricky.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion