Forget the cl cup! - Said ronaldinho

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:21 am

FOUR,GET IT!

Ron: I'll give Jose the Blues Ronaldinho: Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea will all go out!

BARCELONA ace Ronaldinho last night wrote off Chelsea's chances of eliminating the Catalan giants from the Champions League - and predicted all four Premiership sides will crash out this week.

The World Footballer of the Year dismissed Chelsea's hopes of overturning their 2-1 first leg deficit tomorrow, along with the hopes of Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal.

"I'm sure that Barcelona will reach the quarter-finals," said Ronaldinho.

"My predictions would be Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, or AC Milan and maybe Inter to challenge. I don't think any of the English sides will do it."

In a show of supreme arrogance, the Nou Camp ace nonchalantly claimed there was only one possible outcome at Stamford Bridge.

Ronaldinho said: "Having seen Chelsea close up I am still 100 per cent confident that we will go through to the quarter-finals.

"We have a better team than Chelsea and I'm certain that we will score at Stamford Bridge to take us through.

"Chelsea gave us a hard game in the Nou Camp, but our performance deserved better than 2-1.

"Chelsea's defence were extremely difficult to break down. Jose Mourinho knew how to keep it tight against us and against me in particular."

His comments came as it was revealed that former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri vetoed a move for the Brazilian when he left Paris St Germain fearing he would be distracted by London's nightlife.

The Samba star has since gone on to become a huge star in Spain. And he believes Mourinho's behaviour after the first leg, as he accused Frank Rijkaard of influencing referee Anders Frisk, had made the former Nou Camp No.2 even less popular than he had been.

Ronaldinho added: "People don't like the things he says.

"I prefer to do my talking on the field. I don't listen to what people say before or after a game."
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:24 am

Liverpool will do better than United and Chelsea
By D Ferguson
7 March 2005

Arsenal and England defender Ashley Cole believes that Liverpool have a better chance of progressing in the Champions League than rivals Chelsea and Manchester United.

Both United and Chelsea are trailing following first leg matches and although Cole is confident that Arsenal will go for it against Bayern Munich, he still thinks Liverpool have the best chance.

Cole told The Observer: “Liverpool have the best chance because they are ahead and they seem to know how to play in the Champions League.

“I can't see Man U winning in Milan and I don't think Chelsea will win either. We believe we can beat Bayern and if we get our full team, I really think we can go on and win it.

“We'll really go for it this year.”
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:39 am

anfieldadorer wrote:FOUR,GET IT!

Ron: I'll give Jose the Blues Ronaldinho: Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea will all go out!

BARCELONA ace Ronaldinho last night wrote off Chelsea's chances of eliminating the Catalan giants from the Champions League - and predicted all four Premiership sides will crash out this week.

The World Footballer of the Year dismissed Chelsea's hopes of overturning their 2-1 first leg deficit tomorrow, along with the hopes of Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal.

"I'm sure that Barcelona will reach the quarter-finals," said Ronaldinho.

"My predictions would be Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, or AC Milan and maybe Inter to challenge. I don't think any of the English sides will do it."

In a show of supreme arrogance, the Nou Camp ace nonchalantly claimed there was only one possible outcome at Stamford Bridge.

Ronaldinho said: "Having seen Chelsea close up I am still 100 per cent confident that we will go through to the quarter-finals.

"We have a better team than Chelsea and I'm certain that we will score at Stamford Bridge to take us through.

"Chelsea gave us a hard game in the Nou Camp, but our performance deserved better than 2-1.

"Chelsea's defence were extremely difficult to break down. Jose Mourinho knew how to keep it tight against us and against me in particular."

His comments came as it was revealed that former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri vetoed a move for the Brazilian when he left Paris St Germain fearing he would be distracted by London's nightlife.

The Samba star has since gone on to become a huge star in Spain. And he believes Mourinho's behaviour after the first leg, as he accused Frank Rijkaard of influencing referee Anders Frisk, had made the former Nou Camp No.2 even less popular than he had been.

Ronaldinho added: "People don't like the things he says.

"I prefer to do my talking on the field. I don't listen to what people say before or after a game."

Quite ironic really how he reckons he prefers to do his talking on the field, then blurts all this arrogant tosh to the media  ???
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:44 am

not really arrogant tosh, the article escalates what he says a bit. It's just supreme confidence, and why not when you are the best player in the world.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:59 am

LFC #1 wrote:why not when you are the best player in the world.

maybe so, but still a bit precious for my liking
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:13 pm

the way i look at the champions league.

CHELSEA-BARCELONA

set up beautifully at 2-1. the way chelsea have been going the game probably has a john terry set piece written all over it for a 1-0 chelsea victory. the thing is, i can't see barcelona not scoring in this match. don't be surprised to see extra time or barca to go through on away goals.

MANURE-MILAN

unfortunately i think united lost this game in the first leg :D. i can't see united scoring twice over there because milan are so strong defensively. milan to go through.

ARSENAL-BAYERN MUNICH

depends largely on which arsenal turns up. if they bring their "a game" they are capable of turning over anyone in europe. makaay is out for bayern but i still can't see arsenal not conceding. i think arsenal will win 2-1 but still go out.

LEVERKUSEN-LIVERPOOL

going into this game, the memories of 2002 are going to come flooding back but we cannot afford a repeat. the worst scenario would be if we concede an early goal. however the emphasis is on them to attack us and that should leave us to do some damage on the break. i think we'll score but probably lose the game 2-1 and go through.

now if my maths is correct (and it usually is) that makes us the only english team through.  :D

put that in ya pipe and smoke it ronaldinho :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:28 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:Arsenal and England defender Ashley Cole believes that Liverpool have a better chance of progressing in the Champions League than rivals Chelsea and Manchester United.

no sh#t sherlock :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:40 pm

I'd love Chelsea to show that goofy c**t, but at the same time I want Barca to win :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:38 pm

Paul C wrote:I'd love Chelsea to show that goofy c**t, but at the same time I want Barca to win :angry:

Sama here if all the English teams were 3-0 down he may have a point about none of the English team going through but all we need to do is draw to go through.
Last edited by the great one on Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:41 pm

i want barcelona to spank the ****** outta chelski personally, then we'll beat barca in the final :cool:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:43 pm

i'm not an english football supporter, only liverpool, so i want barca to win it
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:36 pm

I think Ronadlinho can sy hwatever he wnats whwm he can play footbal th way he does.

He does most of his talking on the pitch, 2nd goal agiant Chelsea - AMAZING!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:45 pm

Ronaldiniho is brilliant and is having gamesmanship nothing personal to England anyway i don't f'ckin care about any other bloody team so long as we go through.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:55 pm

Ronaldiniho actually said that he thinks Barcelona will go through(he was wrong), and that no English team will seriously challange for the Champions League.

He didn't say no English teams will get into the quarter finals.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:45 pm

the way i look at the champions league.

CHELSEA-BARCELONA

set up beautifully at 2-1. the way chelsea have been going the game probably has a john terry set piece written all over it for a 1-0 chelsea victory. the thing is, i can't see barcelona not scoring in this match. don't be surprised to see extra time or barca to go through on away goals.

MANURE-MILAN

unfortunately i think united lost this game in the first leg . i can't see united scoring twice over there because milan are so strong defensively. milan to go through.

ARSENAL-BAYERN MUNICH

depends largely on which arsenal turns up. if they bring their "a game" they are capable of turning over anyone in europe. makaay is out for bayern but i still can't see arsenal not conceding. i think arsenal will win 2-1 but still go out.

LEVERKUSEN-LIVERPOOL

going into this game, the memories of 2002 are going to come flooding back but we cannot afford a repeat. the worst scenario would be if we concede an early goal. however the emphasis is on them to attack us and that should leave us to do some damage on the break. i think we'll score but probably lose the game 2-1 and go through.

now if my maths is correct (and it usually is) that makes us the only english team through.   

put that in ya pipe and smoke it ronaldinho 

Respect!! Total respect.

I was thinkin during the middle of the second half the same thing (obviously not the 1-0 bit), but i can't prove it... You called it before the game though!

As for United i agreed, easy enough.

Arsenal, 2-1 winners on the night.

Liverpool to lose 2-0. That last minute goal will haunt us i think.
115-1073096938

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion