Lest we forget - Pledge

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:59 pm

I hate these lest we forget type threads. someone posts the opening lines to you'll never walk alone, and somehow that makes them a bigger fan
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:30 pm

JohnBull wrote:In the 50 years I've been on the kop I've heard groans against EVERY manager at times (yes including Shanks and Paisley).

Does anyone think that Lucas would have been allowed to play through his rough period for this long, under Shanks or Paisley - NO WAY !

Well in the 50 years you claim to have spent on the Kop , you would have witnessed many players struggle at times but Shanks and Paisley kept faith.

Who says "Bull" Elephants never forget :no
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Cannot remember  Shanks or Paisley putting up with any waster for more than a couple of games.
Still remember being gobsmacked when he first dropped St John and along with the rest of the Kop I booed.
I was there in the boys pen in those second division days, saw Billy Liddle, was at his testimonial at South Liverpool's ground because the tight-arsed owners in those days wouldn't let him have it at Anfield. Owners are always just owners just like today.
I was there last week and saw a travesty of a Liverpool team lead by the most inflexible manager I'VE ever witnessed.
Yes I've been there through the last 50 years, can't think of a European country I've not been to with Liverpool, seen them win everything except The Cup Winners Cup and the World Club Cup and I've never been so depressed with our future.
We are drifting along in the wrong direction.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion