Lest we forget - Pledge

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tonyeh » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:55 am

redbeergoggles wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I don't think anyone here doesn't support he team itself. It's the manager some have a problem with. But some feelings have to be made known. If everyone was always supporting the manager no matter what we would still have Evans in charge.

I agree ,but from Evans to Houllier there was  one constant that never fluctuated or indeed altered ,and that was the stability of the Board and its owners ,Benitez is the one Manager in Liverpool's recent history to have to battle on two fronts and endure the turmoil behind closed doors . 

While I might add keeping his dignity while all around him turns to shi- te  ,including the gutless players who disgrace our name

However, Benitez does a good job at making rods for his own back regardless of who is on the board.
tonyeh

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:21 pm

andy_g wrote:if the fans find themselves doing item number 3 more often than not its hardly surprising that many find it harder to stick to items number 1 and 2

Interpret it as you see fit ,I did .....needless to say I came to a different conclusion than your own   :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:31 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:It doesn't say anything about blindly following a failing manager though does it?

I always suspected it wouldn't for you  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:32 pm

I just find it hard to believe fans will sing Lucas' name louder when he's struggling ??? I find the theory very rarely reflects the actuality with things like this, supporting your team is never going to be an exacting science with formulas for success.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:37 pm

This pledge is a load of bollox.
In the 50 years I've been on the kop I've heard groans against EVERY manager at times (yes including Shanks and Paisley). Even the great ones can be wrong some of the time, it's just when we end up with one who's wrong ALL the bleedin time, don't expect blind faith.
The great thing about The Kop is the footballing knowledge that was always there (getting rarer all the time now) that knowledge didn't come from cheering con-merchants and flim-flam characters on the pitch it came from appreciating genuine players and managers who didn't put up with second rate performances.
Does anyone think that Lucas would have been allowed to play through his rough period for this long, under Shanks or Paisley - NO WAY !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:40 pm

it does work, i use to sing Sean Dundee's name at Anfield and he turned out to be better than Owen...

oh hang on  :glare:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Your avatar precedes you , but don't worry I have you firmly in the lost cause column
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:50 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Your avatar precedes you , but don't worry I have you firmly in the lost cause column

its a joke!

jeeze, you wouldn't think it was nearly christmas, would you?  ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Listen fella with the greatest respect (and 50 yrs on the Kop deserves exactly that ) I didn't compose the analogy  but I think it deserves credence ,because it depicts a time when the Kop was about many different aspects ,notably respect .

I stood on the Kop for 30 yrs myself mate and in that time there was indeed muffled voices of dissent ,but never the abuse or hate  we are  sadly witnessing now   :(
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:04 pm

7_Kewell wrote:jeeze, you wouldn't think it was nearly christmas, would you?  ???

Not you it was pertaining to another poster  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 pm

spion wrote:Yeah great in theory but in practice when do we start making our true feelings known? Against Wigan most of the Kop made paper planes out of the mosaic paper to help us ignore the dirge on the pitch. Fact is mate that unless we start putting some kind of run together somethings going to break. I love the fact that we are stoic & support the manager but when the manager in question is so publically going into melt down what do we do? I remember Houlliers last few months in charge & they are not unlike these.

I too remember Houlliers last days ,but on that occasion the correct solution was found ,I don't for one minute think anyone is capable of coming in and inspiring the team to 4th place or indeed higher ,and I believe the removal of Benitez in this significant period of the season would be detrimental to the Club, especially if you consider the cost  financially ,and to a Club that is on its knees in a monetary sense it wouldn't be the most well considered move ...
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby shawnk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:35 am

JohnBull wrote:This pledge is a load of bollox.
In the 50 years I've been on the kop I've heard groans against EVERY manager at times (yes including Shanks and Paisley). Even the great ones can be wrong some of the time, it's just when we end up with one who's wrong ALL the bleedin time, don't expect blind faith.
The great thing about The Kop is the footballing knowledge that was always there (getting rarer all the time now) that knowledge didn't come from cheering con-merchants and flim-flam characters on the pitch it came from appreciating genuine players and managers who didn't put up with second rate performances.
Does anyone think that Lucas would have been allowed to play through his rough period for this long, under Shanks or Paisley - NO WAY !

Word!
shawnk

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 am

shawnk wrote:

Word!

IN IT BROV :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:37 am

NANNY RED wrote:
shawnk wrote:

Word!

IN IT BROV :laugh:

Westside  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:42 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:jeeze, you wouldn't think it was nearly christmas, would you?  ???

Not you it was pertaining to another poster  :D

ah, thats ok then.  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion