John arne riise files for bankrupty

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:15 am

It is believed Riise has ended up with huge debts in his name, although he insists it is without his knowledge.

A source, close to Riise, said: There was a bankruptcy order issued, but it was an oversight which should have never ended up in court.

His lawyers are working on this case as a matter of urgency and they are confident the situation can be resolved in the near future.

The order was made in Liverpool on Tuesday, but Riise was not present, and it is said that he knows very little about his former agents claim.

Details of Riises bankruptcy are now officially listed, giving the players last known address in Liverpool.

The case is linked to a separate fraud action which Riise is pursuing against the former agent through the Norwegian courts.

It is believed the defender is claiming around £37 kroner (£3.1) from Mr Baardsen, who denies the allegations.

Newspaper reports have claimed that Riise is claiming money that was allegedly taken out in loans unauthorised by him, but taken out in his name.

One article claimed Riise had privately admitted signing documents on Baardsens recommendation without checking the small print.

Speaking to a Norwegian newspaper, last month, Riise said: I trusted him {Baardsen} and was shocked when I found out what had happened.

Now I have good people around me that will help me out of this. Maybe this can be a warning to other young footballers.

The dispute will not affect his position with the Reds in any way.

Riise has now signed up with the renowned agent Straun Marshall, from the SFX management company, who also represent Steven Gerrard.

A spokesman for Liverpool Football Club said: We are not going to comment as this is a private matter.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:02 am

I really don't see what he can do having admitted signing the contracts.

Silly a*se.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 am

Thats crazy. I feel bad for Riise but he is a bit of a soft arse signing forms and all that. Nice to Stevie's got him on board with his agent.

Cue Riise leaving to get a big signing on fee :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:12 am

This is not the first occasion I have come to the unavoidable conclusion that despite being arguably a more than reasonable left full-back, Riise is in all other ways a bit of an idiot.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:16 am

Typical footballer some may say , more money than brains :D
66-1112520797

Postby tommycockles » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:56 am

Surely he can sue these guys though? i'm no law expert but when buying a house- if you instruct a solicitor to act on your behalf can't you later sue them if something happens that they should have picked up for you. They're supposed to act in your best interests- and these guys obviosuly weren't.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:25 am

Apparently his lawyers are fighting to get the bankruptcy annulled. Check out BBC Sport
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:35 am

Paul C wrote:It is believed the defender is claiming around £37 kroner (£3.1)from Mr Baardsen, who denies the allegations.

You sure he's bankrupt  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:08 pm

He is only bankrupt in his terms i mean he earns 50k aweek he is still way richer than most so i have no sympaphy for him soft arss.e.:( :(
grayghost

Postby RedBlood » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:15 pm

loool bellamy should have hit him with a golf club knock some sense into him

it makes you wonder how people silly enough to sign a contract without reading it are earning 5times in a week what most of us earn in a year
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Marianne » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:49 pm

what a muppet!  You shouldnt become bankrupt with the amount of cash he gets a week!  Its an insult to us mortals!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby scousephilly » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:50 pm

As long as it don't affect his football, 'I ain't bovvered'
After yesterdays goal, it looks like he can put it out of his mind, however, with his wages it probably doesn't worry him too much anyway.
scousephilly

Postby mungi » Mon May 28, 2007 11:11 am

lol
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion