2021/22 other scores (significant or not)

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:03 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:54 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:29 pm wrote:Watching the City - Wolves game, I've seen everything BUT football in that game so far. Wolves using the same horrible tactics they used against us of stopping play in every possible way they can, even worse actually. Wouldn't have written them off to take points off City had Jimenez not been a moron and got himself two yellow cards in less then a minute. Still 0-0 but I expect City to win now considering Wolves are with a man less, unless they can sabotage the second half like they did in the first when hardly any football was played.

It's anti football.  Don't get me wrong it's admirable that the lesser lights in this country don't just roll over when one of the big boys roll into town but like it or not football (and sport in general) is a branch of the entertainment business, if every club adopted Wolves's tactics stadiums would soon be empty, people are not going to spend thousands of pounds and travel up and down the country to watch that week in and week out
You don't expect every team to play like the Dutch team of the mid 70's but you do expect them to play football of some description, even if it's hoof ball, Wolves seem to just want to run the clock down and play as little football as possible.

I wouldn't mind and wouldn't hold it against them if they just parked the bus and maybe try to hit better teams on the counter or score through a set set piece, but that lying around, falling down with every slight touch and not getting up for longer than necessary in order to run down the clock is definitely anti football like you said and refs should do something about that IMO.

Anyway, just seen all the other penalties the other teams got again and no way we'll be winning anything if our rivals have that sort of luck throughout the season. City's penalty was a joke and we get at least 2 or 3 shouts in every game that are never given for us like it was given for Chelsea's second penalty. Our pen was probably the only one that was a clear pen.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:00 pm

Yeah mate the City pen was a shocker, what made it worse was that the VAR crew told him to go and have a look at the incident on the pitch-side monitor (usually a sign that they think he should change his mind) but he still gave it!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:53 pm

Jesus Chirst will Man City never get a pen against them? There's no f*cking way this isn't done on purpose, someone has been paid heavily for this *****.

Anyway, happy new year everybody.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:39 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:53 pm wrote:Jesus Chirst will Man City never get a pen against them? There's no f*cking way this isn't done on purpose, someone has been paid heavily for this *****.

Very annoying, not only do they get to spend billions on their squad since they are owned be a country, not only do they get away with breaking FFP rules but they get soft decisions when they need the referees help. It was the same when ManUre had all the money and now it is seems to be them.
Last edited by kazza on Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:40 pm

May the best of your past be the worst of your future
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:55 pm

Big win for Everton, they were in danger of getting tailed off with the bottom 4 clubs but they’ve pulled themselves up into that pack where only 4 or 5 points separates about 7 of them. Another draw for United too, see a few of their fans are starting to turn on Ronaldo, questioning his work rate etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:19 pm

As it stands now I hope all traditional teams I don’t like just get it together long enough to beat City. Everton, Spurs, ManUre all play City in the next period and we need them to get something out of those games, after that  they can all go on to implode and suffer. Can’t really see it but still hope, teams just seem to accept defeat when they play City.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:37 pm

As it stands now I hope all traditional teams I don’t like just get it together long enough to beat City. Everton, Spurs, ManUre all play City in the next period and we need them to get something out of those games, after that  they can all go on to implode and suffer. Can’t really see it but still hope, teams just seem to accept defeat when they play City.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:59 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:53 pm wrote:Jesus Chirst will Man City never get a pen against them? There's no f*cking way this isn't done on purpose, someone has been paid heavily for this *****.

Yet another very strange decision in favor of City against Everton  :glare:

It’s too many to be the law of averages or coincidence
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:49 am

Is it any wonder that a lot of people accuse football of being corrupt. That penalty decision was perhaps one of the most disgraceful things I have ever seen in football. I have not heard one single person except the most deluded Man City supporter suggest that it wasn’t a penalty. Even Micah Richards  agreed that it was a penalty and he is City through and through. Chris Kavanagh who was the VAR referee lives 5 miles from the Etihad and there is a strong suggestion that his brother is a Manchester City season ticket holder. For him to suggest that there was insufficient evidence to over ride the referees decision was absolute nonsense. It was a blatant handball. Bad enough that the incredibly incompetent Paul Tierney who is from Wigan was incapable of giving the penalty but for VAR not to take the appropriate action literally stinks. THIS NEEDS INVESTIGATING.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:58 am

devaney » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:49 pm wrote:Is it any wonder that a lot of people accuse football of being corrupt. That penalty decision was perhaps one of the most disgraceful things I have ever seen in football. I have not heard one single person except the most deluded Man City supporter suggest that it wasn’t a penalty. Even Micah Richards  agreed that it was a penalty and he is City through and through. Chris Kavanagh who was the VAR referee lives 5 miles from the Etihad and there is a strong suggestion that his brother is a Manchester City season ticket holder. For him to suggest that there was insufficient evidence to over ride the referees decision was absolute nonsense. It was a blatant handball. Bad enough that the incredibly incompetent Paul Tierney who is from Wigan was incapable of giving the penalty but for VAR not to take the appropriate action literally stinks. THIS NEEDS INVESTIGATING.

That is a lot of points they have got from poor refereeing this season all under the guise of “ref (and VAR) made a mistake”. The reason why they won’t investigate this “non penalty” is the same reason they won’t investigate why City are able to break FFP rules without sanctions.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:29 am

Tierney refereed our 2-2 draw with Spurs and Klopp told him I haven’t got a problem with referees just you. He failed to send Kane off for a potentially career ending foul and then sent Robbo off later in the game for a similar offence. Both Tierney and Kavanagh have history with Merseyside teams.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lfcs28/statu ... 38240?s=24
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:09 pm

I'm not even fazed by this anymore, I just see it simply as yet another obstacle we must go through. City as a team shouldn't even exist in the first place, but they do thanks to corruption. And it's the same with these referee decisions, that's just the power of money.

We just need to concentrate on ourselves, no amount of ref decisions will save them if we just keep winning.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:54 am

Riley personally calls Lampard and apologized, what a fecking joke.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:34 pm

Everton losing again, okay they've got a couple of games in hand but they are on 22 points, the same as Burnley who are third to bottom.
They play Newcastle midweek which won't be easy.
This could be the year you know.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion