2017/18 Other scores significant or not

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 pm

Mannure beat Arsenal 2-1 which more or less seals 2nd for them.
This season they have been poor and boring to watch however they have done well against top 6 sides. I think they have beaten all of them once at least.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:11 pm

redshade » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:51 pm wrote:Mannure beat Arsenal 2-1 which more or less seals 2nd for them.
This season they have been poor and boring to watch however they have done well against top 6 sides. I think they have beaten all of them once at least.

Have to hand it to them. As dull to watch as they are, they still end up second. No doubt they'll spend a pile of cash in the summer cos they CAN! Owners who have no issue writing huge cheques cos they fill a 75k stadium every other week and more for CL games. So money isn't the issue there.
Don't get me wrong, I can't stand them or that geebag who manages them but they're still ahead of other pretenders who play better football but are not consistent.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
User avatar
bunglemark2
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:05 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:48 pm

Yup bottom line is the table doesn't lie and they are the 2nd best team in the Epl, even though they play boring footy.
Given any other season if it wasnt for City accumulating crazy points Mannure still would have been in a title race.

I can't stand them mate i feking hate that club with passion.
I hope we win No.6 so i can rub it in to those arrogant c.nts i know who support them lot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:36 am

Guaranteed CL gives a club the ability to spend with confidence, Liverpool have to address our woefully thin squad and beef up the bench. Remember how Chelsea once had something like 150 million quid sitting on the bench... that's the kind of kwality we need!
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby Reg » Fri May 04, 2018 5:59 am

Arsenal blew it AGAIN....  Not much fun being a Gooners fan at the mo.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby tubby » Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 am

Makes it even harder now for the new manager what with no CL football for next season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
User avatar
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 22442
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:05 pm

Postby redshade » Fri May 04, 2018 9:54 pm

Welldone Brighton beat Mannure 1-0 :D and seal premiership safety.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby redshade » Sat May 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Chelsea beat Mannure 1-0 in the FA cup final. Well ita progress if you think about football heritage.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby kazza » Sat May 19, 2018 9:21 pm

FA Cup final: Chelsea didn't deserve win, says Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho felt Chelsea did not deserve to win the FA Cup, accusing them of defending with "nine players" in Saturday's final at Wembley.

Chelsea won the competition for the eighth time after Eden Hazard's first-half penalty gave the Blues a 1-0 victory.

However, Mourinho felt Manchester United were the better team throughout.

"I congratulate them but I don't think they deserved to win," he said.

"I congratulated them. I am Manchester United manager and I have to be respectful, not just because they are my previous club but because they are the opponents today and I think we deserved to win. I think we were the best team, but that is football.

"I am quite curious to know what you say or what people write because if my team plays like Chelsea did, I can imagine what people would say. I am quite curious."

United did not have a shot on target in the first half but were much improved after the break as Thibaut Courtois superbly denied Phil Jones' header before Paul Pogba nodded wide when unmarked.

Mourinho felt his side missed the physical presence of Romelu Lukaku in attack, with the Belgium striker having started on the bench after recovering from an ankle injury.

"It was a bit hard for us to play without Lukaku against a team that defends with nine players," added Mourinho. "You need that presence.

"Chelsea are not stupid. They know our team without Lukaku or Marouane Fellaini does not have a presence so putting eight or nine players in front of the box they knew they would be dominant in that direct football.

"Every defeat hurts but I go home with the feeling we gave everything. No regrets."

*******************

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Not sure if Maureen is an idiot or a WUM  :laugh:
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4252
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Third rock from the sun

Postby redshade » Sat May 19, 2018 10:06 pm

His days are numbered i an looking forward to that 3rd season of his when everything goes upside down.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Community Shield
City 2 Chelsea 0

So glad we never got Jorginho ,never seen a player brought in for such a huge outlay so unsuited to English football since united bought Veron. I think ourselves and City dodged a bullet there ,as for the game itself ,we talk about our defense but David Luiz goes wandering so much his face should be on the missing persons website  :D

Chelsea were poor ,really poor ,City made that look like a training exercise.
Image
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8144
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Eagle » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:16 pm wrote:Community Shield
City 2 Chelsea 0

So glad we never got Jorginho ,never seen a player brought in for such a huge outlay so unsuited to English football since united bought Veron. I think ourselves and City dodged a bullet there ,as for the game itself ,we talk about our defense but David Luiz goes wandering so much his face should be on the missing persons website  :D

Chelsea were poor ,really poor ,City made that look like a training exercise.


I didn't see the game but I did say a while back that I'm not sure how Jorginho will settle in the league. He's a super passer but he's really slow and the position he plays is key for stopping counter attacks. Counter attacks are a big feature of this league and most teams have pacey fowards.
User avatar
Eagle
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:51 pm

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

  • Advertisement
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!