Leicester vs Liverpool 2nd Sep KO 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:31 pm

The midfield 3 of Gini/Hendo/Milner are brilliant at suffocating the opposition with their pressing and work rate. But when teams press us those 3 haven't got the skill or awareness to get out of tight situations. We were so slow on the ball yesterday!! I love Henderson I think he's been brilliant for the club.. but it's time for a change.

After watching Fabinho I've noticed he moves the ball quick, reads the game well, and has a very good range of passing.. but he lacks the drive and passion Hendo and Milner has. I think it's that part of his game Klopp and his team are working on before throwing him into the lions den and him getting overwhelmed.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Moreno didn't have a decent start he was just being less destructive as usual.. Robbo when playing in pre season looked class and shouldn't been ignored..

Paying off meaning...waiting too long to sign a CB..sign a keeper..bringing more quality..It shouldn't have taken 2 years...its wasted time..

Process is important but when their are evidant weaknesses for all to see why delay?

klopp is a beast of a manager but his timing is a bit off
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:51 pm

only me » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:31 pm wrote:Moreno didn't have a decent start he was just being less destructive as usual.. Robbo when playing in pre season looked class and shouldn't been ignored..

Paying off meaning...waiting too long to sign a CB..sign a keeper..bringing more quality..It shouldn't have taken 2 years...its wasted time..

Process is important but when their are evidant weaknesses for all to see why delay?

That's a very simplistic view my friend. So far we've signed the best CB in the world and probably one of the best keepers in the world (if he can handle his own arrogance he will be). Who's to say that we would have signed players of the same quality if we rushed things? This isn't football manager, you can't reload an older save if the player doesn't work out. If you're going to spend millions and break transfer records, you better be ABSOLUTELY certain that it'll be worth it. No wonder the owners trust Klopp with their money, he hasn't got a signing wrong so far.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:00 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:31 pm wrote:The midfield 3 of Gini/Hendo/Milner are brilliant at suffocating the opposition with their pressing and work rate. But when teams press us those 3 haven't got the skill or awareness to get out of tight situations. We were so slow on the ball yesterday!! I love Henderson I think he's been brilliant for the club.. but it's time for a change.

After watching Fabinho I've noticed he moves the ball quick, reads the game well, and has a very good range of passing.. but he lacks the drive and passion Hendo and Milner has. I think it's that part of his game Klopp and his team are working on before throwing him into the lions den and him getting overwhelmed.

I think Klopp is taking his time with Fabinho and even Keita to some extent to ease them in into the starting 11, no reason to throw them right in if he feels they aren't ready yet. They will both be regulars in our team soon enough, so no room for panic. For the time being, our old midfield is doing fine, we're top of the league aren't we? Those midfields reached the CL final last season for crying out loud, they got to be worth something.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:05 pm

only me » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:31 pm wrote:Moreno didn't have a decent start he was just being less destructive as usual.. Robbo when playing in pre season looked class and shouldn't been ignored..

What a player does in Pre season doesn’t really mean much - Robertson himself stated that he needed time away to adjust - the manager did and he is now the best LB in the league , no one would have seen that when he signed - Klopp knew what he was doing and he will do the same with Fabinho. He will know when to introduce him

In regards the signing of players - Klopp clearly knows who he wants - he would have had VVD last summer but poor administration from Edwards stopped that happening and he couldn’t just do a mass replace - we don’t have the funds for that and it’s  better to just gradually build the team up which is what he is doing
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:56 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:37 pm wrote:

Fabinho is fit, and I'm surprised Jurgen is not embedding him into our squad earlier. He's the new Patrick Vieira, and I'm stunned he hasn't featured in the first four games. He looks good, his YouTube highlights of what this guy can do is epic, but klopps picking Milner and Hendo etc ahead of this guy. I'm bemused. But he's getting the same treatment as Oxlaide-Chamberlain got, subs bench etc.

I would love to see lining up each game..

Fabinho. Keita Shaqiri

Milner, Hendo offer fck all going forward. We learned this the past two seasons and there is no logic in continually choosing them.

I think Klopp is scared of taking risks or trying new approaches etc

He isnt the new "Patrick Viera" - nonsense comment as is the "looking good on You Tube".

I think you need to do your proper research pal. Klopp bought him as he is good at standing tackles, winning back possession, and turning defence into attack. Something we lacked yesterday. Similar traits to Keita.

He is better than the average Milner and Hendo plodders.

Milner has the 3rd most assists in the Prem? You and I must be watching different matches sonny, that's not what I saw in the first four games.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:19 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:56 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:37 pm wrote:

Fabinho is fit, and I'm surprised Jurgen is not embedding him into our squad earlier. He's the new Patrick Vieira, and I'm stunned he hasn't featured in the first four games. He looks good, his YouTube highlights of what this guy can do is epic, but klopps picking Milner and Hendo etc ahead of this guy. I'm bemused. But he's getting the same treatment as Oxlaide-Chamberlain got, subs bench etc.

I would love to see lining up each game..

Fabinho. Keita Shaqiri

Milner, Hendo offer fck all going forward. We learned this the past two seasons and there is no logic in continually choosing them.

I think Klopp is scared of taking risks or trying new approaches etc

He isnt the new "Patrick Viera" - nonsense comment as is the "looking good on You Tube".

I think you need to do your proper research pal. Klopp bought him as he is good at standing tackles, winning back possession, and turning defence into attack. Something we lacked yesterday. Similar traits to Keita.

He is better than the average Milner and Hendo plodders.

Milner has the 3rd most assists in the Prem? You and I must be watching different matches sonny, that's not what I saw in the first four games.

Similar traits to Kieta or Viera ?

Cattermole has similar traits as Viera doesn’t mean he is the “New Patrick Viera” - and watching you tube videos doesn’t mean he is automatically better than someone- he has to go out and prove it and he may well flopp in the Prem because of his lack of pace which was evident in pre season

As for Milner - it’s 7th in the all time list

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.goal.c ... rhk35u1kvn
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Whoever said Milner offers nothing going forward can FCK RIGHT OFF.

I'm not sure theres much between Henderson and Fabinho. Keita is the best midfielder we have at the club and Milner has probably been our most consistent performer after Salah since start of last season.

The issue we have has less to do with the names and probably more to do with the balance that the different options provide. If Keita doesnt start, one of Chamberlain or Lallana has to start imo. Milner, Henderson & Wijanldum (I assume Fabinho is the same) are slower in transitioning the ball forward and that puts more pressure on our fullbacks and forwards; makes us easier to defend against and means we start looking for the longer ball more often.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:06 pm

aCe' » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:56 pm wrote:Whoever said Milner offers nothing going forward can FCK RIGHT OFF.

I'm not sure theres much between Henderson and Fabinho. Keita is the best midfielder we have at the club and Milner has probably been our most consistent performer after Salah since start of last season.

The issue we have has less to do with the names and probably more to do with the balance that the different options provide. If Keita doesnt start, one of Chamberlain or Lallana has to start imo. Milner, Henderson & Wijanldum (I assume Fabinho is the same) are slower in transitioning the ball forward and that puts more pressure on our fullbacks and forwards; makes us easier to defend against and means we start looking for the longer ball more often.

Spot on - someone  who knows his stuff
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 pm wrote:
aCe' » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:56 pm wrote:Whoever said Milner offers nothing going forward can FCK RIGHT OFF.

What like Lallana should start? That's all we need another nearly man in the starting XI
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:33 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 pm wrote:

What like Lallana should start? That's all we need another nearly man in the starting XI

If you have Milner and Henderson playing then yes have Lallana playing high - he isn’t “nearly Man” - unfortunately he has had bad luck with injuries but as with Sturridge he is fit right now and that’s only good news for the squad. The poster certainly isn’t stuck in the 70’s
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:01 pm

We actually won things in the 70's which is something we won't do with a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Lallana.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:01 pm wrote:We actually won things in the 70's which is something we won't do with a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Lallana.

And it was nearly 50 years ago - it’s irrelevant to football now but nice to see after winning the first four games of the season ( best start for 28 years ) you are writing our chances off. Great support
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:09 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:01 pm wrote:We actually won things in the 70's which is something we won't do with a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Lallana.

And it was nearly 50 years ago - it’s irrelevant to football now but nice to see after winning the first four games of the season ( best start for 28 years ) you are writing our chances off. Great support

I've seen many, many false dawns over the last 30 years, some of them we actually had a decent midfield as well.
When you've seen the likes of Graeme Souness, Terry McDermott, Steve McMahon, Ronnie Whelan, Jan Molby etc play its hard to get excited about a Henderson, Milner and Lallana midfield. It just is.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Well some of us have also seen glory days but understand that the game has changed and that the current squad have a great chance and aren’t ready to give up just yet.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games