Liverpool v Brighton 25/8. K. O. 17.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:28 pm

I hope Jurgen hasn't gone gun shy, we are playing too many one paced plodders in midfield, we needed to get Shaquiri on there as the passing from of our midfield was awful. The front 3 are miss-firing as well.
How we are top god only knows.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:31 pm

7 consecutive clean sheet at Anfield *woot*
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:28 pm wrote:I hope Jurgen hasn't gone gun shy, we are playing too many one paced plodders in midfield, we needed to get Shaquiri on there as the passing from of our midfield was awful. The front 3 are miss-firing as well.

doesn't make sense considering how lively Shaquiri was preseason...I'm tempted to even drop Bobby of needed..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:34 pm

A bit one dimensional from our manager by picking the same side as last two outings.

Shaqiri and Sturridge coming on a bit earlier might have spiced it up a bit.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:28 pm wrote:How we are top god only knows.

That's it mfkrs...I am calling this a night.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:35 pm

Lot tougher than I had hoped and a game we draw with Karius in goal. Workmanlike not pretty but winning this way is how titles are chiseled out.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Bit of a strange performance by Naby today.. looked like he was under strict orders to keep it simple and to not get out of position. He hardly moved forward and he took no risks all game.. I'm hoping Klopp let's the shackles off and let's him express himself next game.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Had a feeling it will be a tough encounter i didn't think we will smash these lot.

Anyhow how good 3 points and another clean sheets. All maximum at the moment lets keep this going.
Poor Salah lost his accuracy towards the end.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:40 pm

only me » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:32 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:28 pm wrote:I hope Jurgen hasn't gone gun shy, we are playing too many one paced plodders in midfield, we needed to get Shaquiri on there as the passing from of our midfield was awful. The front 3 are miss-firing as well.

doesn't make sense considering how lively Shaquiri was preseason...I'm tempted to even drop Bobby of needed..

Exactly, I thought the idea of having a deep squad is so you can rotate when players are injured or not in form.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Santa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:34 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:28 pm wrote:How we are top god only knows.

That's it mfkrs...I am calling this a night.

Our last 2 performances have been very scrappy, I watched City draw at Wolves earlier and they played better than we did today, Wolves's goal was clearly handball but the officials missed it. City hit the post 3 times. We on the other hand look very disjointed, Firmino hasn't had a pre season and it shows.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:48 pm

I think Klopp is waiting until September and the Champions league fixture pile up before he does any major rotation, when we have two games a week etc
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:50 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:36 pm wrote:Bit of a strange performance by Naby today.. looked like he was under strict orders to keep it simple and to not get out of position. He hardly moved forward and he took no risks all game.. I'm hoping Klopp let's the shackles off and let's him express himself next game.

Klopp needs to take the shackles off the whole team not just Keita, we play Tottenham, Chelsea and City next month.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:50 pm

Wasn’t a champagne performance but the players really had to graft today hence why someone like Shaqiri doesn’t come - Brighton were superb in their set up and we had to grind and be patient , it wasn’t a game for the video archives but it was a result that was extremely important

Superb at the back and the “one pace plodders” in the midfield were brilliant - Milner and Gini excellent today
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:50 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:36 pm wrote:Bit of a strange performance by Naby today.. looked like he was under strict orders to keep it simple and to not get out of position. He hardly moved forward and he took no risks all game.. I'm hoping Klopp let's the shackles off and let's him express himself next game.

Klopp needs to take the shackles off the whole team not just Keita, we play Tottenham, Chelsea and City next month.

What shackles ? Brighton were the reason why the front three struggled today , their first class workrate and denying of space meant the front three couldn’t get going and at times had to drop deep - at times Keita was also getting too close to the front three and going into their space , he needs to learn when to move forward and when to leave that space for Mane etc

But Klopp didn’t put any shackles on its was a battling performance made hard by a very disciplined opposition who were coming off a great win.

3 games - 3 wins - 3 clean sheets
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:54 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:50 pm wrote:Wasn’t a champagne performance but the players really had to graft today hence why someone like Shaqiri doesn’t come - Brighton were superb in their set up and we had to grind and be patient , it wasn’t a game for the video archives but it was a result that was extremely important

Superb at the back and the “one pace plodders” in the midfield were brilliant - Milner and Gini excellent today

Milner and Gini, along with the likes of Trent, Robbo, Firmino, Mane and even Mo gave the ball away countless times, it was a poor performance at home against a team that will finish in the bottom half.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games