Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:45 am

Then Lemar isn't realistic. Barca spent 110 million on Dembélé  and 140 million quid on Couts, does he think they're going to splash out another 100 million on an untested player?  Maybe he's too move-focused and not enough football focused?

If Klopp has any mutual agreement with him or the club then he wouldn't be saying this so it looks like we're not interested.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:07 am

Not being able to bring in Keita this window was surely a blow to us and this season. But for long term, it is probably a good decision not to rush for a direct coutinho replacement. This team has changed in terms of its constitution and formation once coutinho left. So it is better that klopp takes a look at how the dynamics of the team is once Keita joins. Remember we have enough attacking players/ attacking midfielders in Salah, Mane, Firmino, Ox and Lallana. We have strikers who are not getting games in Sturridge, Ings and Solanke. We also have youngsters such as Ben. Whoever comes in, Klopp has to be absolutely sure that they are a huge improvement over what we currently have. And that is not easy to guarantee.
The timing of cout's departure is really bad but Klopp cannot afford to do  desperation transfer and fail at it.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:45 am

Sell Mingolet for 20 and Karius for 15 and splash 50 on Oblak for a net spend of 15 and we're set up beautifully.

Danny Ward can be number 2.  You could have the village idiot as No 2 when you have a great first team keeper.

No need to spend a penny more until summer.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:54 am

Reg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:45 am wrote:Sell Mingolet for 20 and Karius for 15 and splash 50 on Oblak for a net spend of 15 and we're set up beautifully.

Danny Ward can be number 2.  You could have the village idiot as No 2 when you have a great first team keeper.

Yes Reg. I agree that now, more than ever, we probably need to look into improving the goal keeping department because there is alot of room for improvement...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 am

Thanks Mags, I'll get on to Klopp......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:58 am

maguskwt » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:54 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:45 am wrote:Sell Mingolet for 20 and Karius for 15 and splash 50 on Oblak for a net spend of 15 and we're set up beautifully.

Yes Reg. I agree that now, more than ever, we probably need to look into improving the goal keeping department because there is alot of room for improvement...

Be interesting to see what happens with Mignolet, he came out and said with the World Cup coming up things for him have to change his agent has chipped in with " Simon is 'extremely unhappy' at the club "

Hmmm, Could we tempt Atletico with a big wad of cash + Mignolet for Oblak ?    :buttrock

Oblak would be a fantastic signing but with just over a week before the window closes I don't see it happening. Also didn't Klopp just recently say that Karius is now our first choice GK ?   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 am

Well he's hardly going to tell Karius  '.. and you're shyte too..'  is he Woof?!

Of course he's going to make out Karius is great, right up until the day he's sold.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Looks like we are going to go with what we've got.
If Arsenal get Aubemeyang they could be worth keeping an eye on over the 2nd half of the season, apparently at Dortmund Aubemeyang and Mkhitaryan had a partnership like Gerrard and Torres did here.
You'd imagine a front 2 of Aubemeyang and Lacazette are going to give a lot of teams problems, especially with Ozil and Mkhitaryan behind them.
Aubemeyang is an interesting piece of business, he has a rather large downside in the sense that that he probably only has 2 years max left in him at his very best but teams don't seem to be that bothered about that these days.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 pm

From what I hear Yakka, Aubemeyang = Balotelli.  Good luck to Arsenal.  :Oo:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:40 pm

I'd love us to sign Oblak but he'd cost a fortune. In todays market, we'd be lucky to get him for something similar to what we paid for van Dijk. Last I read, Atletico value him at £100m.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Reg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:15 pm wrote:From what I hear Yakka, Aubemeyang = Balotelli.  Good luck to Arsenal.  :Oo:

Aubemeyang scores a lot more goals than Balotelli ever did mate. Year in year out he just racks up the numbers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:31 pm wrote:
Reg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:15 pm wrote:From what I hear Yakka, Aubemeyang = Balotelli.  Good luck to Arsenal.  :Oo:

Aubemeyang scores a lot more goals than Balotelli ever did mate. Year in year out he just racks up the numbers.

I think he means in attitude. Although he is not as mental as Balotelli. Ability wise, Aubamayang is on a completely different level to Balotelli. Genuinely world class striker
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 am

I really hope we aren't holding out till the summer before bringing anyone else in. Putting profits before the team in every window is a load of bollux and so is the insistence that we don't need anyone.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:33 pm

We do need to replace couts and fast.. someone who can unlock a defence like Mahrez

And especially as United and Arsenal strengthen , The mikhatarian aubameyeng partnership looks juicy, ex dortmund connection i thought we were supposed to be getting players like this with klopps arrival and not oxlaide fecking chamberlain
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 pm

This could end up biting us on ***** after arsenal looking stronger with them 2 incomings. United and city stronge. Feel we need a creative player now and marez could be just that player
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill