DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:19 pm

Poor game from him today and not seen ANYTHING to warrant the £10 million we spent on him.

He was actually in the WORST team of Ligue 1 last season, which pretty much sums up Bodger's transfer acumen.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:48 am

He was very good in the world cup, and the season before in the French League.

He is raw as hell, has a very good ceiling, so he has time to grow.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:15 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:19 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:28 pm wrote:He might improve with a few games under his belt and a bit of time with Klopp.

I personally believe we signed this lad off the back of 2 good games in the last W.C. I haven't seen anything from him in the few games I seen last season or the few he has played for us to suggest he is anything like a top player.
Very similar to wash imo and likely to go the same way.

I think it's a bit too early to tell mate, he's only 20 and at that age he's nowhere near the finished article nor should we really expect him to be. He's only been at the club a few months as well.
He deffo needs to improve his finishing though!

Not for me Yakka  :no I know he is young and only here but even at that he shouldn't be struggling with the basics.

Martial is younger and was virtually unknown before his move to manure. I know he cost 3 times as much but fook me the difference is 20 times that.

I hope JH realized tonight just how much money they have thrown away on whims.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:34 am

There have been those (Henderson comes to mind) that struggled similarly during the initial stages only to come good later. Unfortunately though, those successes are far and fewer in between. Will Origi come good later? I think he will definitely improve, but the key thing is will he be given opportunity to do so? I think with our forward strength as limp as it has ever been now, JK cannot afford to take risk on Origi should better options (like Benteke and Sturridge) become available. But equally unfortunate is that we also cannot afford to send him out on a loan spell which could improve him through more playing time as our injury list is so bad now.

Still, ppl who work with him (i.e. JK and gang) will obviously know things we won't. He wasn't a JK buy, so there is no emotion attached to him as far as JK is concerned. If he continue to play him, must mean there is something in him that JK can see worth developing. He might be a Suarez in training, but just cannot translate that to the field only. Anyway, hope he comes good, because he's at the right age and he looks to have the right attitude to the game. Only time will tell
alxy

Postby eds » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:21 am

There is a few things we need to separate out here lads.

1. Origi would be not starting or hardly getting any minutes if Sturridge, Benteke or Ings were fit
2. Origi is still very, very young and nowhere near the finished article as a striker. Who knows what footballer he will be when he hits his straps in 6-7 years time!
3. 10m was a ridiculous price tag to pay for what now seems apparent a kid with a big frame and athletic mobility, but pretty much nothing else!
4. The snake oil tradesman and his motley crew of pseudo-scientists got this one completely wrong, like most of their other purchases Origi should be nowhere near our club.

Klopp will do his best to work on the kid and try to get him scoring or at least being a threat in front of goal, especially seeing as Sturridge and Benteke have awful injury records and can't be relied on to play a single season without missing out on a large chunk of games. Another shinny tooth and pseudo-science f**k up there.

We don't really have any right to lay into Origi, it's not his fault, he shouldn't even be here and he is now carrying the hopes of our front line.

Klopp will sort this out sooner or later. Personally if we sold Origi, Benteke and Sturridge and brought in 2 or 3 reliable front men, our fortunes would dramatically change. The question is whether Klopp will pull the trigger in January or next summer.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:06 am

He'll never be a striker, as long as he has a hole in his a.rse.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:25 am

Lmao
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby alxy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Hope Benteke gets fully fit fast. Everytime we play him, we play like with 10 men. You could see the immediate effect Benteke had on our attacking abilities. With Origi at the moment, I think even his teammates don't have faith in him. They're not trying to find him, either that or he just doesn't get into proper striking positions
alxy

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:14 pm

He's garbage

He doesnt beat a man, he doesn't hold the ball up he doesnt play on the last defender.

He actually does nothing

There was a reason he was in the Ligue 1 worst 11 last season..

He went something stupid like 6 months before scoring..... No where near good enough
Kopite-Jud

Postby The_Rock » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Origi is not ready to start games for us. The only way to mould him is to bring him on in the 2nd half when opposition players tire.  Once Big Ben and Firmino are ready....Origi will be on the bench. Its too early to write off this player. I am sure Klopp will get the best of him.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:21 pm

What I can never understand is why strikers today think closing people isnt their job, just hanging around until they are called into action.

You usally find its players that have come through academy structures at top pro clubs but lads that come up via the football or non league pyramid put a better shift in.

Origi is lazy without the ball and the knock on is hes not tuned in when he does get it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:28 pm

The lad won't make it in this league.

It was like playing with 10 men til Benteke came on yesterday. He offered absolutely nothing. Didn't close down, couldn't hold up play, didn't rum the channels and the few touches he did have were poor.

I'll nail my colours to the mast now and say I'm writing him off.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Definitely won't write him off but he has got heck a lot of developing to do if he is too get anywhere. I think playing up top on his own where he is the focal point is way too much for him at the moment and his game is nowhere close enough to being developed enough to play that role. He maybe needs to maybe play with another forward up top who he can maybe feed off, or maybe play in one of the wider positions. Ideally, he needs a season on loan at a club lower down the league IMO. I'm all for giving youngsters a chance but as it stands, this fella is not ready
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:43 pm

I wouldn't completely write him off, I think he could make a decent wide forward.
Doesn't look like a natural goalscorer though I have to admit that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:59 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:43 am wrote:I wouldn't completely write him off, I think he could make a decent wide forward.
Doesn't look like a natural goalscorer though I have to admit that.

He played on the right wing originally, only shifted to striker last season.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion