Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Think he will get plenty of goals however will awe and frustrate in equal measure. £32.5m is too much for him but that is done now so need to look beyond the fee.  I can see him doing fairly well for us however is he the kind of player who will take us a level or two up, something we desperately need? Gut feeling is no. Anyway welcome to the club
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:11 pm

Welcome Benteke and all the best. I guess its time to forget his price tag and give him support. I hope he shines and does wonders for us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:45 pm

Can we please stop saying inane things like "lets forget the price tag"?  :no

We aren't Real, Barcelona, Chelsea or City with an unlimited amount of money to spend.

We have a very limited NET SPEND budget and with the money spent on Benteke, that will probably be it for us unless we can sell the dross that doesn't want to leave.

I'm sorry but our squad has hardly improved since Rodgers took over and the 32m wasted on a target man is another proof point why he should have been fired last season.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:27 am

Now that it is official, Welcome to the club  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:18 am

eds » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:45 pm wrote:Can we please stop saying inane things like "lets forget the price tag"?  :no

We aren't Real, Barcelona, Chelsea or City with an unlimited amount of money to spend.

We have a very limited NET SPEND budget and with the money spent on Benteke, that will probably be it for us unless we can sell the dross that doesn't want to leave.

I'm sorry but our squad has hardly improved since Rodgers took over and the 32m wasted on a target man is another proof point why he should have been fired last season.

would you like to have a rethink about that and maybe have another go? this time maybe comment on the new boy Benteke and maybe leave Rodgers out of it? Tell us your thoughts on Benteke, if you think he'll do well or do nowt. We know you hate BR, seriously you tell us every post.  :blush:
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:15 am

People moaning about his FA Cup Final game?  Didn't you see Villa camped in their own half ? what do you want the guy to do on his own ?

Yes he is a big man up front and we like to play fancy football, but so do Arsenal with Giroud upfront.

I'm more than happy with his goal scoring record in this division.  I think he's a very good player.

In the current climate these are the fees that you have to pay for players.

Spend £8 mil on someone and end up like Aspas or Borini or spend 32 on Benteke ? ?  Who's the 4th higest goal scorer in the division since 2012 behind Aguero Suarez  and Van Persie.

I can't see why some people are moaning for the likes of Lacazette who's never stepped foot in this league.  Look at the likes of Falcao and Di Maria.

Rant over.

Welcome to the club big man  :buttrock
Kopite-Jud

Postby RedAnt » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:52 am

I don't think it's a bad signing as such. If he puts himself about and scores goals then he'll add something we've missed since Suarez left. But it's a weird signing. As I said earlier, this is Liverpool FC and we should be challenging at the top. In order to do that, one of the basic requirements for a player is that he have guts and be able to be a man and play like a man in all sorts of venues up and down the country and in Europe. Why do we not have that yet? With Gerrard leaving its one less player who'll get stuck in. Borini doesn't mind getting stuck in but he's useless at everything else. Ings is no fighter. What of Mario? He's a big lad, not afraid to say his bit, so what's gone wrong with him? We pay £16m on an apparent gamble that doesn't work (very probably because we don't use a target man!) and then decide to double that fee on Benteke the next season, meanwhile failing to invest in key areas such as midfield and in goal. Wouldn't hurt to strengthen the full back positions too.

Anyway, I hope it works out. Would be nice to see a more physical approach. It is the PL after all.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:56 am

Too much ***** on the price, and he is not Heskey mark two either.

When Benteke first came to villa he was a revolation, he was banging in goals from all angles. Then injuries stalled him and he lost a bit of form. He started to show his class again another end of last season. If you want to compare him to Heskey have a look again at his goal in the FA cup semi. Not exactly a Heskey goal is it.?

Give the lad some credit.He has come to us despite the fact he could have held out until the next window for champions league football. He is probably on a good wage, but he has come here for all the right reasons.

He is a physical beast, strong and powerful.However he is aware tactically, has a bit of pace and known far more for finishing with his feet rather than head. He is also very good with the ball at his feet, and is also young
young.

Keep him fit and motivated and he will score a lot of goals here.I am more than happy with his signing.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Carra needs to keep his fooking neb out too. legend he might be but he's talking sh!te.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:45 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:40 am wrote:Carra needs to keep his fooking neb out too. legend he might be but he's talking sh!te.

Pipe down you degenerate lowlife.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:09 pm

fuk off numb tw@t. Carra has piped up and no one really asked his opinion but he gave it anyway. He's a legend, I love the man but who really cares what he thinks?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:14 pm

................ Double post.
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion