CHRISTIAN BENTEKE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Got to better than some of the strikers we have on the bench at the mo.....   :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:05 pm

RedAnt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:49 pm wrote:I'm not slagging him off mate. Not sure anyone is. He's a decent player. I think most people are wondering where he'll fit in and wether or not we could have bought a couple of £16m players who would fit our supposed philosophy.

But you can't get Sh*t for 16 million nowadays...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:31 pm

maguskwt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:05 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:49 pm wrote:I'm not slagging him off mate. Not sure anyone is. He's a decent player. I think most people are wondering where he'll fit in and wether or not we could have bought a couple of £16m players who would fit our supposed philosophy.

But you can't get Sh*t for 16 million nowadays...

Can too. Delph, Sweinsteiger, Cabaye and Begovich to name four. Didn't Arsenal pay £10m for Cech?
If you'd said BR can't sign sh*t for £16m, I'd either make a joke about Joe Allen, or agree fully.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Bentake's performance was absolutely woeful against arsenal in the FA cup final. Bad 1st touch. Lazy as Balotelli. Not particularly fast.

I just don't know how much better Bentake is compared to Balotelli. Rodgers did not setup the team to play to Balotelli's strength. If he does the same to Bentake (ie....expects him to defend from the front, expects him to be mobile, expects him to press..etc) ...... he would be another flop. And statistically we put in the least number of crosses into the box last season. so........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:29 pm

I read an article few weeks ago about how Tim sherwood got the best out of benteke via width-crosses. We are poor at crosses and the way BR sets out his play we don't cross that much.
That is one concern i have with benteke...
I'm hoping it won't be another Carroll conundrum. We struggled to fit the team around him hence why he was surplus to requirements.
Suarez and Carroll together did not gel at all. Will same happen with sturridge and Benteke? Time will tell.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:41 pm

I cant wait to see him in action...really do think hes better than we think, he will get a lot more chances here.  Positivity breeds success
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Like I've already said, good player, but not for us. And never in a million years is he worth that money. Hope I'm wrong on all accounts though. Welcome to the club.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:58 pm

Crazy money on a player no other top flight team was interested in.

He's good, but nowhere near world class.....however, I'll eat spoonfulls of humble pie if he proves me wrong. Which I hope he does  :)

Otherwise this will be the deal that ends BR's career at Liverpool FC...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:49 am

He'll be a good signing imo, yes we are overpaying for him but he is a proven goal scorer and a handfull for any defence.
I think comparisons to Carroll do him a bit of a disservice as well, Benteke is a lot more mobile than Andy ever was.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:18 am

Just seen lambert talking about it on SSN.
Don't know if he is the answer but he is better than what we have if used correctly.
Welcome to the club lad
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:44 am

Welcome to the club lad, shaking my head at the price tag. Though that's nothing new these days
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:51 am

Welcome to the club big fella, hope you are played in the correct set-up.

Rodgers will need to adapt now, he has a player that can score goals and we need to accommodate our system around him, Coutinho and Firmino.

No excuses now and if he plays the same rubbish set-up we saw early last season, where he was unwilling to fit in Balotelli, we will expect his resignation.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:45 am

Eds - Balotelli has failed wherever he has played to score in the Premirship. Playing him out of position was a minor part of the problem. Benteke by comparison has a cracking scoring record in the Premiership. It's smacks of desperation when you use somebody like Balotelli as an obstacle to criticise Rogers. But hey there is a Y in the day of the week  !!

As for Benteke where is there any evidence that he has even had a medical let alone signed? Have I missed something?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:02 am

devaney » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:45 am wrote:Eds - Balotelli has failed wherever he has played to score in the Premirship. Playing him out of position was a minor part of the problem. Benteke by comparison has a cracking scoring record in the Premiership. It's smacks of desperation when you use somebody like Balotelli as an obstacle to criticise Rogers. But hey there is a Y in the day of the week  !!

As for Benteke where is there any evidence that he has even had a medical let alone signed? Have I missed something?

Well thats just plain wrong, Ballotelli has a decent goalscoring record for every single team he has player for apart from us, so its perfectly good stick to beat Rodgers with. Lambert also had a decent goal return with Southampton and Rodgers failed to get anything out of him either, so im amazed that anyone thinks it will be any diffrent with Benteke, a player who offers even less movement than Ballotelli.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:47 am

The Benteke situation seems cloudy. Rodgers'  reaction to the reporter is suspicious as why would he get snappy with her for asking that question. It was in the papers and was a perfectly legitimate question. There is more to this story than we think. Maybe the echo was right when they reported he was delaying hoping someone else would would come in for him or maybe Rodgers does not want Benteke, either way I would rather we did not pay 32 million if all is not on board. You pay 32 million for a sure thing!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion