Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:54 am

I also think that Balotelli (***** as he is) is being used by Rodgers to deflect criticism away from him. I sorry I feel like this but I really believe he is the reason Gerrard is going. I heard rumours about this, but until they are proven I will keep stum
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:29 am

What do you mean? SG was very complementary between BR in his statement wasn't he?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:59 am

Yes he was and you'd think SG would know I thing or two about managers having played for so long and worked with many. He even said that he wished that he worked with Rodger's ten years ago, so anyone claiming that Gerrard's decision to leave has anything to do with Rodger's is delusional.
Red Indian

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Lambert was ridiculously poor against Wimbledon. Just what Balotelli has done to upset Rogers to the extent that he can't get a game ahead of Lambert against a 4th division team bewilders me. I'm no fan of Balotelli but Rogers idiotic stubbornness nearly cost us this game. At least Balotelli contributed when he came on. Murphy in commentary made the point that the service to Lambert was poor which it was but just what did Lambert do to help the situation - NOTHING !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:38 pm

devaney » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:36 pm wrote:Lambert was ridiculously poor against Wimbledon. Just what Balotelli has done to upset Rogers to the extent that he can't get a game ahead of Lambert against a 4th division team bewilders me. I'm no fan of Balotelli but Rogers idiotic stubbornness nearly cost us this game. At least Balotelli contributed when he came on. Murphy in commentary made the point that the service to Lambert was poor which it was but just what did Lambert do to help the situation - NOTHING !!

I've said this in the match thread ,Rodgers completely baffles me ,its like he's trying desperately hard to be too clever with his substitutions ,I mean why move Markovic
to accommodate the useless Enrique ,why not just take of Laza and bring on Moreno ...I honestly think that ridiculous substitution compromised our game as Wimbledon
suddenly started having a lot of joy getting crosses in from the left side,which wasn't a surprise given Enrique's current form  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:41 pm

RBG - some of BR's decisions this season have been a tad tricky to follow to say the least. Numerous players have struggled to find their form which has made his job more difficult. Our defence has been poor which has been typical of Roger's tenure. Goalkeeper's have also been a key problem area. Attitude of the entire team at times has been questionable. It's not all down to BR but he has certainly contributed to the problems.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:19 am

Italian media reporting Mario Balotelli was offered to Juventus, but they are not interested
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:30 pm

I wouldn't write Balotelli off just yet if I was Brendan, the lad definitely has quality and he is working a lot harder now than when he first came. I think Mario is just trying too hard to impress (which is understandable given Brendan's comments about him) and IMO he just needs to stop trying to score every time he gets the ball.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 pm

I'm afraid I can't see it succeeding for Balotelli here. It's like Carroll. When I watched Carroll at Newcastle, I wished that we could have him. He played like a bulldozer at Newcastle, creating all sorts of problems for the opposition defenders. But once he got here, he doesn't fit in at all. Same goes for Balotelli, he hasn't contributed in anyway whatsoever. When Crouch wasn't scoring, he was at least contributing to the build-up play by holding the ball well.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:30 am wrote:I wouldn't write Balotelli off just yet if I was Brendan, the lad definitely has quality and he is working a lot harder now than when he first came. I think Mario is just trying too hard to impress (which is understandable given Brendan's comments about him) and IMO he just needs to stop trying to score every time he gets the ball.

But him trying to score himself at every opportunity isn’t unique to his current situation, it’s always been a characteristic of his play which is one of the reasons he’s been discarded by the other 3 clubs he has played for.

But I do agree that he is beating himself up too much every time he makes a mistake or doesn’t put away a chance. Despite all the bravado he puts on I do think he generally lacks a bit of confidence.
Eagle

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Mino Raiola (Balotellis agent) quoted as saying "Balotelli to Juve? He has a contract with Liverpool and he can't be offered to anyone. He doesn't want to return to Italy"
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:56 am

He's been dropped by BR and he wants to get Balo shipped out of the club.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby killerp » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:06 pm

I have said it before.... stop signing Italians... having a stubborn & ineffective Borini wasn't enough...

Now we are stuck with 2 Italians flops on the books, neither of which want to leave... fooking amateurs we are in the transfer market with a broken recruitment system.

Lets hope we can find a club stupid enough to do what we did with Balotelli. Sign HIM!
killerp

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Rodger's treatment of Balotelli has been nothing short of disgraceful ,his denigration of the lad through the media has hung the player out to dry .We all know the
manager is going to formulate excuse after excuse in order not to play the fella.....I just wish he would shut his fucking mouth ,and let the players football
do the talking ,his class will eventually shine through ,but not if the manager keeps giving the media ammunition.  :no
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Balotelli has been shocking on the pitch - that is down to him not the manager

If Balotelli is letting his football do the talking then he must be a mute

He came to us on prob his final chance and just isnt good enough or adaptable enough to fit.

It was a risk that just hasnt worked
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion