Liverpool V Real Madrid (Champ League) Weds 22nd Oct 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:17 am

Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:14 am wrote:Yeah and only one of them is good enough :laugh: absolute clown!

well you seem to rate Lovren and Sevilla won the europa league with Moreno at LB and alot better than enrique and Manquillo is a huge improvement on Johnson

Can has suffered with injuries at the start of his career here but has already shown his confidence when driving us forward and Lallana has been one of our better players

The truth of it is you have a 34 year old midfielder protecting the back for who can not be dropped no matter what. Every game passes him by and he offers no protection what so ever.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:38 am

So are you saying it's all Gerrards fault and not use managers? ???

Again you've lost me on whatever point you are trying to make? Or are you just trolling after a bite?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 am

Come on guys, be respectful and polite. You'd have a good conversation if you weren't sniping at eachother.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 am

No I blame Rodgers for playing Gerrard in a game where they have probably one of most most slickest and quickest counter attacks. He cant keep up and looks woeful playing against agbonlahour let alone Mr Ballon Do'r CR7

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:41 am

I reckon Ballotelli is karma's way of getting us back for taking £50M off Chelsea for Torres.

There seems to be a theme developing where we get our hands on a big wedge of cash and then blow the heap on a wheel-barrow full of horsesh1t.
No point harking back to last season. It surprised everyone, especially the manager, and it was an aberration. A flash in the pan. And it was all down to one guy, but he's gone now. I knew we'd miss him, but thought the money would allow us to buy enough quality to ensure we'd be ok. I was dead wrong. Most of the names from last season are still there, but they are a shadow of their former selves. The team is unrecognizable.
If luck hadn't been on our side last weekend, the bottom side would've beaten us 5-1.
To be honest, the fact that we are still lying 5th in the Prem (only on GD), says everything about how poor the Prem League is.

It is depressing, and I don't know what the solution is.
Think I'll go and saw my head off with a rusty spoon.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:44 am

LFC1990 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 am wrote:No I blame Rodgers for playing Gerrard in a game where they have probably one of most most slickest and quickest counter attacks. He cant keep up and looks woeful playing against agbonlahour let alone Mr Ballon Do'r CR7

So do you think without Gerrard we would have given them a game? I am still very confused on your point? Do you think our signings are up to it?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:03 am

I think if we had started Can instead of Gerrard then we would have had mor control of the midfield and given the worst back 5 in liverpool history more protection.

I think lallana has showed he has got what it takes and Can has had too little playing time. Moreno played poor yesterday but was still head and shoulders over enriques performance v QPR and Lovren and Skrtel must not like eachother as they dont seem to speak to one another whether thats an issue addressed by removing Lovren or Skrtel thats up to the manager

The point on Gerrard is simple he isnt the same Steven Gerrard that rescued us from games. He is a legend and will go down as either number 1 or 2 best players who have played for this club but at this present moment he isnt covering himself or the side in glory

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:20 am

I think that's completely delusional and ridiculous to be honest but there you go
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:36 pm

They are a good side but we where inept and didn't play well enough again.

Lovren and Sakho are expensive mistakes and we have no holding midfielder.

Mignolet has been a liability for some time along with Johnson.

Manquilo and Moreno are young lads but like Markovic and Can plus Lallana, have had
very slow starts to their careers here, and its worrying.

All in all I think we have bought poorly this summer and unless there is a dramatic improvement
it may need an admission of that and to start over in the summer with Balotelli and Lambert part
of that clear out.

Rodgers really has his work cut out now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:34 pm

We have got to stop giving away cheap goals at free kicks and corners, Real are undoubtably a top team but 2 of their 3 goals were absolute gifts. In all my years watching football I can't recall a worse team than this one at defending high balls into the box, it doesn't matter who the opposition is every time someone slings a ball in to our area we look like conceding.
Roy Evans's team was a bit shaky in the air too but at least they were up against the likes of Duncan Ferguson, Dion Dublin and Niall Quinn, fvckin Sammy Lee would give this current lot problems.
I wouldn't mind but defending set pieces, corners, free kicks etc should be one of the easier things to sort out, it's the bread and butter basics of the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:34 pm wrote:We have got to stop giving away cheap goals at free kicks and corners, Real are undoubtably a top team but 2 of their 3 goals were absolute gifts. In all my years watching football I can't recall a worse team than this one at defending high balls into the box, it doesn't matter who the opposition is every time someone slings a ball in to our area we look like conceding.
Roy Evans's team was a bit shaky in the air too but at least they were up against the likes of Duncan Ferguson, Dion Dublin and Niall Quinn, fvckin Sammy Lee would give this current lot problems.
I wouldn't mind but defending set pieces, corners, free kicks etc should be one of the easier things to sort out, it's the bread and butter basics of the game.

There was an article I skimped through saying that the back 5 should send Balloteli a thank you card for taking all the blame and becoming a diversion from a defence that is reviving memories of the Torben Piechnik era. Those goals yesterday were a complete joke. OK, the first one might be forgivable, it was a case of top-class players having their way against two defenders of average ability, followed by a sublime finish that you don't see very often. The second and the third were Sunday league stuff though. Our defenders left two opposition players at the far post unmarked, one of whom was Benzema, one of their best finishers. Benzema scored an extremely difficult goal (which wasn't Mign's fault despite what some may have you believe), but the fact that he was unmarked and that no one made a challenge on him is laughable. Not even going to talk about the third one. It would have been OK if this was a one-of defensive performance, but the fact that goals like the third one happen on regular basis is frightening.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:05 pm

Damjan,

Was it not you who was telling us all to chill out and losing Luis Suarez wasn't something and we didn't need massive improvement to the first eleven due to finishing second last season?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 pm

I never advocated the signing of average players for high fees. I was against the signings of Di Marias and the rest of the expensive bunch, but I was also against signing the likes of Balotelli and Lovren (to an extent), players that improve us in no way. We're actually worse with them now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 pm

You specifically said you want squad players as the first team was good enough as there is essentially no first team anymore as we needed options.

You slagged me off to death for being bang on the money with our transfers and level of first team. We are a shambles quite frankly and I just hope I've underrated sturridge in the past or we could find ourselves mid table, all because we lost one player who wasn't that good, last season we would have had a chance in the game, this season we were embarrassed and bossed about, it was weak and pathetic and the only positive was coutinho.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 am wrote:No I blame Rodgers for playing Gerrard in a game where they have probably one of most most slickest and quickest counter attacks. He cant keep up and looks woeful playing against agbonlahour let alone Mr Ballon Do'r CR7

So do you think without Gerrard we would have given them a game? I am still very confused on your point? Do you think our signings are up to it?

You can go on and on about the signings but we've got what we've got and its up to the manager to make the best out of it but playing SG every minute is not helping, he probably has 1 decent game in 4 and having your captain and a player most of the others look upto not performing and having the game pass him by is not exactly going to instil a lot of confidence in the rest of the team. We have to try different things until we get the right balance so nobody should be undroppable.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games