LIVERPOOL vs Fulham - Sat 9 Nov - KO 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:02 pm

It would have been the perfect day if Andrew Mariner didn't f*ck up at the Stanford Bridge. Not a penalty in a million years.

Hopefully Everton will lose 2 points against Palace too.

As for us, I don't think there's much I can say. Fantastic performance and long may it continue. Gerrard definitely my MOTM and Henderson as second and Suarez as third. Notable mentions would be Skrtel, Agger, Coutinho and maybe Johnson. Cissokho still a donkey though, should never wear a red shirt again, not even on training.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Great response from the lads. I'm confident of top 3 come May  :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:32 pm

That was great to watch. Brilliant performance and credit to BR for the tactics and substitutions. Is it my imagination or is Suarez just getting better and better?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Absolute domination.  As much as the goal scorers usually get credit for a win, it's good to see our midfield completely dominate a game.  Stevie, Hendo and Lucas (along with Coutinho) played Fulham off the park.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:33 pm

how did Joe Allen do today?  Missed the game, but heard he came on as a sub.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:58 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:33 pm wrote:how did Joe Allen do today?  Missed the game, but heard he came on as a sub.

He looked fine.  Like he did in his first few games for us.  Maybe even a hint of more attacking play.  Played with confidence, the whole team did.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:30 pm

As Always Stevie is our X factor ,if he plays well we are a CL league team ,if he legs behind it's going to be tough.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:31 pm

So comfortable earlier  Mignolet could have played in a recliner ,the kind of game that if you allow Liverpool to control the midfield then you can expect 
a daunting 90 minutes.... Fulham played like future Championship fodder,but Liverpool punished them with a ferocity  that was missing against Arsenal.

Glen Johnson was our star man,gave our attack a real edge,and his time out the team has simply highlighted his importance to the team in general.
Luis just continues to make my jaw drop with his ability to astound ,I honestly believe if we retain his services he will go on to surpass the greatest
footballers to wear the red of Liverpool I have ever bore witness to.

Some beautiful football today ,and Coutinho and Gerrard were at the forefront of most things that were good about todays performance ,Henderson was
brilliant as well and one sweeping ball in particular was Gerrard like.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Shout out for Henderson who was outstanding today
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:35 pm

a performance like that was much needed after last weekend, the team played really well and our pressing was barca-like.
under rodgers we seem to be able to beat the so called lesser sides relatively comfortably but i feel the big test will be when we play everton at goodison after the international break.
if you look at the top half of the table as it stands tonight-

1. arsenal
2. LIVERPOOL
3. southampton
4. chelsea
5. everton
6. spurs
7. man city
8. man united
9. west brom
10. aston villa

there`s a lot of decent sides there, infact from 1st place all the way down to 8th is stacked, we have played 3 teams in that top 8 and our record is W1 and L2. 
in a fortnight we cant really afford to have that stat go to W1 L3, that game against everton will be a real test because this season and last season we didnt/havent won enough games against the better teams.
if we have any aspirations of finishing in the top 4 that midfield of ours has got to do what it did today (and against west brom) against the best teams in the division
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Focus » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 am

Glen Johnson my MOTM. He played well today and it showed how much we missed him last week. Cissokho not good enough. I hope Enrique and Johnson will continue to be fit for selection for the rest of the season.

One question, why was Berbatov continously being booed throughout the game? I remember the kop booed him as well in this same fixture last season.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:23 am

3 pages, wow. We must have won!

Good convincing win, well in lads.  :buttrock
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:32 am

The Good Yank » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:58 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:33 pm wrote:how did Joe Allen do today?  Missed the game, but heard he came on as a sub.

He looked fine.  Like he did in his first few games for us.  Maybe even a hint of more attacking play.  Played with confidence, the whole team did.

I still think he'll come good. He's a talented lad, and it's only been injuries that have hit his form...in my view
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:45 am

Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am wrote:3 pages, wow. We must have won!

Good convincing win, well in lads.  :buttrock

:laugh: funny about that

Bloody shame that we now have another international break. Would love to have  the derby next week
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 am

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:15 pm wrote:Shout out for Henderson who was outstanding today

Also to Brendan Rodgers - it's quite a while since we've been destroying teams like we did yesterday and it's a long-time since we've looked like realistic prospects for top four football, and thats with the backdrop of ongoing strengthening of other top sides. I'll admit I've taken a while to fully 'get' him but he's doing extremely well.

Agree about the international break, we really could do with playing Everton next Saturday.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games