Liverpool V Newcastle UTD 16:00 04/11/12

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 am

the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:43 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm wrote:Yes that has been a monumental balls up by Rodgers and others at the club - but it's unfair to use that as a reason to constantly attack him. I'm a massive fan of Andy Carroll but he wasn't scoring for us, so he's hardly a lose is he? We'd still be in the same position with Carroll as we currently are without him.

rodgers is flogging a dead horse with this philosophy of his, we just havent got the players to play that way.
all our `possession football` seems to do in my eyes is allow teams to get set in defence and the fact is we just dont have a xavi or iniesta who can open up a packed defence with a through ball.
ironically when we do score it`s usually from direct play or a set piece.
not only is this philosophy of his making us look toothless in attack we look very shaky at the back, again today we were lucky not to concedede on the break.
never mind signing a center forward i just cant see anything `clicking` into place without us signing a creative genius of an attacking midfielder.
i honestly think benitez would have got a lot more out of the same group of players, i certainly dont think any benitez side would concede nearly 30 goals by the begining of november.
i`m not even seeing a progression, i actually think we looked more impressive early on in the season against city and united.

I completely agree - but let's not be negative now!
We can always rely on ***SIDEWAYS JOE*** to kill off teams with sublime ***SIDEWAYS JOE*** passes  :no

you are one boring repetitive @rsehole.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 am

Kharhaz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 am wrote:
tonyeh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:08 am wrote:
dundreamin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm wrote:I,ve had enough quitting watching LFC for a month at least. 45 years of support and this has broken me fed up of all the hype and BS we getting fed these days. It's beyond a joke now

Can't say I blame ya. There's something rotten at the heart of this team. I can't put my finger on it and I'm damn well sure Rogers isn't able to either. He really does have an uphill struggle ahead of him and I'd dearly like to see him overcome the obstacles and turn everything around, but as time goes on I am becoming less and less positive about his ability to do so.

It's actually painful watching Liverpool these days. Hopefully, around the January mark there will be a shake up and we can start looking forward to a better future.

:down:

Of course its easier to quit. When your team is winning its all ok, when they need support of course none is to be found.

Really I hope every Liverpool supporter who is finding it hard not watching the team winning quits. Its not about circumstances, its about winning. So please, all those who want to quit supporting Liverpool hop on the nearest bandwagon and be off. I hope you all do, as this will then free up space in the stadium for proper Liverpool supporters who want to support the team.

So please, im begging you, all the plastics, f*ck off "supporting" the club, and while your at it, f*ck off from our forums.

I agree - supporting the club until no longer on this planet and hope to continue supporting on the continued journey.
Brendon 'Unfortunate' Rodgers - a blip in the system
:hearts LFC 4-EVA  :hearts
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am

highly intelligent? i think your getting me confused with someone else.
we all know rome wasnt built in a day but lets face it a team with the likes of suarez, sahin, gerrard, agger, sterling, skrtel, lucas, allen etc in it shouldnt be 2 points away from 4th from bottom a quarter of the way through the season.
we should be conceding near 30 goals by the begining of november either.
i`m starting to have doubts wether he will deliver us a title winning side even if he is given a decade, all this talk of signing walcott and being so dismissive of carroll i wonder if he`s living in the real world.
to win the title in england you need a blend of power and skill, it`s an attritional, relentless league and there are times when you have to roll your sleeves up and dig out results, i`m not convinced rodgers blueprint of 5 foot something players is the way forward.
i dont want liverpool to be an arsenal or even a swansea who people pat on the back and praise for playing great football while the likes of united and chelsea pick up the trophy`s.
all the great sides of the last 40 years could all mix it, would brendan rodgers sign a roy keane? andy gray? graeme sharpe? billy bremner? mark hughes? john toshack? tommy smith? jimmy case? joe jordan? jack charlton? etc[/quote]

AGAIN - WORDZ OFWIZDOM...  :nod
It's tough to read the truth, it's tough to know our reality - but the truth is the truth...
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 am

alwayslfc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:47 am wrote:We're still in lower half of table and criticism of Brendan is starting to come out. First of all, I strongly believe the sacking of Rafa after one poor season finishing 7th was a huge blunder. We've gone backwards with the successive managers. Rafa is still only 52 and I hope to someday see him manage Liverpool again if Brendan performs like Hodgson or KD's 2nd spell.

That game was another typical Liverpool game under BR and it all sounds like a broken record now ie lots of possession and struggling to score and if Suarez didn't produce that bit of magic in rounding their keeper we would have lost. Shelvey was handed with 3 half chances and had it been an Owen/Fowler/Torres, they would have put away at least one of them. Did anyone notice our passing was a bit out of tune esp. with the long passes?   This is really a thin squad, the inexperience of Wisdom, Suso and Sterling (stars of the future I am sure) were beginning to show.

Yes I agree that too much ball possession without much offensive penetration can lead to the opponents regrouping their defence which would be hard to break down and catch us off guard on their counter attacks. And things do not look bright for BR at this moment. Let's see who he will bring in after the next 2 windows and give him and the team time to adjust to his tactics. But one thing I can say that when he said he wanted to make playing at Anfield to be the longest 90 minutes of our opponents life, suck the football life out of them, death by football for the opponents, title bid begins today , so far have exploded in front of his face and he was like a sweet talking used car salesman. Now he's saying, it will take 3 years to fix Liverpool and hopefully he will still be wanted by FSG, expect more games like the 3-0 reverse at the Hawthorns, our opponents were better than us on the night(Swans game), he's sending us mixed and contradictory signals.

I expect all of our home games to be like the Newcastle game until we can sign players to replace Rodriguez, Carrroll and Kuyt to compliment Suarez in January.

Brendon 'UNFORTUNATE' Rodgers - A young man with a broken old record.
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 am

Of course its easier to quit. When your team is winning its all ok, when they need support of course none is to be found.

Really I hope every Liverpool supporter who is finding it hard not watching the team winning quits. Its not about circumstances, its about winning. So please, all those who want to quit supporting Liverpool hop on the nearest bandwagon and be off. I hope you all do, as this will then free up space in the stadium for proper Liverpool supporters who want to support the team.

So please, im begging you, all the plastics, f*ck off "supporting" the club, and while your at it, f*ck off from our forums.[/quote]

Couldnt have put it better myself.

I dont see why people are saying the same things over and over again. We all know we dont have a striker and until january we can not fix that so please put that to one side when evaluating the sides performance.

Yesterday we dominated possesion again and again failed to take the 3 points at home. But Newcastle are a good side full of talent and we conceded a goal from a fantastic strike from a fantastic player. Apart from that I cant remember too much else they done.

We also need to realise we are still without Lucas Glenn Johnson and Reina. 3 players that would make a differnce. I dont think we have fielded our strongest possible team and until we do that we cant really establish our weaker points.

Reina
Johnson  Skrtel   Agger  Enrique

Lucas     Allen

Gerrard
Suso                                 Sterling
                    Suarez

That above I believe is our strongest side and Johnson and Reina are very close to returning and Lucas is expected by the end of the month.

The diffrence those 3 players would make to our side you wouldnt believe. Allen would go back to doing what he does best and linking Midfield with the attack and it would also give Gerrard more freedom to roam forward.

There is a slight bit of criticism I will give Brendan that being he needs to stop being so negative about the whole situation if he keeps banging on about what a thin squad and its going to take time he will rub off onto the players thinking that it doesnt matter if they play ***** as we are a "work in progress"

Next bit of criticism is he goes on about what a thin squad we have well why dont you try and use it a bit more.

I dont know how much collated game time Assaidi Yesil Pacheco and Henderson have had but they should have had more especially Assaidi as he has shown to be a very tricky player.

Keep the faith guys remember we are only 4 points behind Arsenal and 6 points behind Tottenham and Everton who sit 4th.

We have already played Arsenal Utd City Everton and Newcastle.[/quote]

OK let's forget about the lack of stikers and the 'Unfortunate' results we are getting at the moment.
With your team selection, you are hell-bent to employ the 4-3-3 just like the manager, why?
What has BR done in our lives to command this sort of respect?
Style of play doesn't need to change no matter what formation is played.
In our entire elite history - has LFC ever won ANYTHING playing 4-3-3 - IT'S ALL MEDIA HYPE!

With the lack of options we have, wouldn't it be wise to at least try 4-5-1 and see how the team adapts?
I'm really trying to be positive now.
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am

OK let's forget about the lack of stikers and the 'Unfortunate' results we are getting at the moment.
With your team selection, you are hell-bent to employ the 4-3-3 just like the manager, why?
What has BR done in our lives to command this sort of respect?
Style of play doesn't need to change no matter what formation is played.
In our entire elite history - has LFC ever won ANYTHING playing 4-3-3 - IT'S ALL MEDIA HYPE!

With the lack of options we have, wouldn't it be wise to at least try 4-5-1 and see how the team adapts?
I'm really trying to be positive now.
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 am

Lone Wolf = WUM/Manc

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 am

rodgers is flogging a dead horse with this philosophy of his, we just havent got the players to play that way.
all our `possession football` seems to do in my eyes is allow teams to get set in defence and the fact is we just dont have a xavi or iniesta who can open up a packed defence with a through ball.
ironically when we do score it`s usually from direct play or a set piece.
not only is this philosophy of his making us look toothless in attack we look very shaky at the back, again today we were lucky not to concedede on the break.
never mind signing a center forward i just cant see anything `clicking` into place without us signing a creative genius of an attacking midfielder.
i honestly think benitez would have got a lot more out of the same group of players, i certainly dont think any benitez side would concede nearly 30 goals by the begining of november.
i`m not even seeing a progression, i actually think we looked more impressive early on in the season against city and united.[/quote]

I completely agree - but let's not be negative now!
We can always rely on ***SIDEWAYS JOE*** to kill off teams with sublime ***SIDEWAYS JOE*** passes  :no[/quote]

you are one boring repetitive @rsehole.[/quote]

So personal attacks make you a class act?
May be you should take those words to Anfield and greet Brendon 'Unfortunate' Rodgers with them?
I'm not the one to blame for the mess we're in.
But it's ok I'm ugly enough to take your spat.
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 am

May be you should take those words to Anfield and greet Brendon 'Unfortunate' Rodgers with them?

Never said they did but like you said, some people don't like the truth and that's all I was pointing out, you ARE a boring repetitive @rsehole.
I'd suggest you NEVER step foot inside Anfield with the bile you spout, ridiculing Rodgers when and wherever you can is far from being a "class act". In fact you'd probably more at home sitting at Old toilet with all your Manc friends.
You're not to blame for the "unfortunate" position the team finds itself in but you are to blame for your s.hitty posts and that's again all I was pointing out.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:54 am

Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 am wrote:

Never said they did but like you said, some people don't like the truth and that's all I was pointing out, you ARE a boring repetitive @rsehole.
I'd suggest you NEVER step foot inside Anfield with the bile you spout, ridiculing Rodgers when and wherever you can is far from being a "class act". In fact you'd probably more at home sitting at Old toilet with all your Manc friends.
You're not to blame for the "unfortunate" position the team finds itself in but you are to blame for your s.hitty posts and that's again all I was pointing out.

Actually thought we played some great football yesterday and that the future signs are encouraging. Let's try and look at the good because there is a lot of it.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:58 am

we haven't just lost 6 - 0 to Southampton have we? Don't tell me...   we've been tonked 7 - 1 by Villa? No?

oh, we've ground out a 1 - 1 draw with Newcastle? for a minute there I thought we'd been humiliated. Mind you, had Shelvey pulled his finger out we'd of won that game. Imagine that, the likes of Lone Wolf and the other wind up merchants wouldn't of been anywhere near this forum then. They only really come on here to stick the boot in and spout off how good it would of been if Rafa had been given the job. 

well it's boring lads. we've heard it all before.

In Brendan Rodgers we Trust...     why?   because he's the manager of Liverpool Football Club and he'll get 100% support from 100% supporters.

d!ck brains need not apply.

walk on
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:59 am

4-3-3 is the way Brendan wants to play. That is his system and gets alot of respect from me when he refuses to change it as he knows he will get the best out the team that way.

Without a clinical striker your not going to see the best of a Brendan rodgers side playing in 4-3-3 and neither are you without the personel we have to call up on when the injury list comes back. It will help out in terms of Gerrard being able to get forward more.

With Full backs like Johnson and Enrique it gives up 3 in the centre of midfield to either assist in going forward or track back when needed.

Look at chances created and then executed thats why he plays 4-3-3 because the way HE wants to do it is working in terms of creating chances but without the clinical striker we have been crying out for then we wont see goals flood in whatever the formation.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 pm

redno7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 am wrote:we haven't just lost 6 - 0 to Southampton have we? Don't tell me...   we've been tonked 7 - 1 by Villa? No?

oh, we've ground out a 1 - 1 draw with Newcastle? for a minute there I thought we'd been humiliated. Mind you, had Shelvey pulled his finger out we'd of won that game. Imagine that, the likes of Lone Wolf and the other wind up merchants wouldn't of been anywhere near this forum then. They only really come on here to stick the boot in and spout off how good it would of been if Rafa had been given the job. 

well it's boring lads. we've heard it all before.

In Brendan Rodgers we Trust...     why?   because he's the manager of Liverpool Football Club and he'll get 100% support from 100% supporters.

d!ck brains need not apply.

walk on

whats so special about rodgers? kenny dalglish (a genuine legend of this club up there with shanks) was f**ked off after a poor 6 month spell just 18 months into his reign. even with that poor spell he still managed to finish 8th and get us to the 2 domestic cup finals and considering where we where when he took over i think he did a good job.
benitez took us to 2 CL finals and another semi final (which we only just lost after an epic 4-4 encounter at stamford bridge, the home of the richest club in the world back then) in 6 years but he was shown the door after a poor 6 month spell too.
hodgson was f**ked off after a poor 6 months when we found ourselves just above the relegation zone at christmas.
i dont know if you have looked at the league table recently but we are 2 points away from 4th from bottom and with chelsea, swansea and spurs (all away) on the horizon there is a good chance we could end this month 4th from bottom. this is on the back of our worst start in a century, even worse than roys.
for a club of our stature to find ourselves 4th from bottom in the run up to christmas would be embaressing, it`s bad enough trying to get my head around us being a midtable side never mind a bottom of the table side.
our last 3 managers all went after a bad 6 month spell, i`d be interested to hear why you think rodgers deserves more time than managers like benitez and dalglish who between them won everything in the game bar the world cup.
i`m not saying i think rodgers should be sacked btw, i am actually one of the few people who didnt think hodgson got enough time, i didnt want him in the first place but once he was here i thought any new manager should get more than 6 months, plenty of managers have had bad starts to their careers at big clubs and turned the situations around, ferguson and kendall for a start.
i`m just interested to hear why you think rodgers should be treated differently than the others.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

devaney » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:54 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 am wrote:

S.hitty posts (as you label them) are my given right but more to the point single out YOUR interpretation of them.
Look beyond your googled glasses - at the end of the day being labelled a "boring @rsehole is fair game and a spat I can deal with.
Behind your lethal keyboard you push it one step further a brand me a DEVIL worshiper?
F&*K YOU and your mighty Keyboard - HARD when typing keys lad  - JOG ON!
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:28 pm

LFC1990 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:59 am wrote:4-3-3 is the way Brendan wants to play. That is his system and gets alot of respect from me when he refuses to change it as he knows he will get the best out the team that way.

Without a clinical striker your not going to see the best of a Brendan rodgers side playing in 4-3-3 and neither are you without the personel we have to call up on when the injury list comes back. It will help out in terms of Gerrard being able to get forward more.

With Full backs like Johnson and Enrique it gives up 3 in the centre of midfield to either assist in going forward or track back when needed.

Look at chances created and then executed thats why he plays 4-3-3 because the way HE wants to do it is working in terms of creating chances but without the clinical striker we have been crying out for then we wont see goals flood in whatever the formation.

MMMMmmmm...
Formations are there to tinker with in order to get the best out of the players. Even with a SG in the twilight of his years can still hurt the opposition - so why not utilise that for another 2 months until a time when 4-3-3 is more achieveable.
4-5-1 last night may not have created more chances, but it may have given us more cover on the flanks from which New Castles goal came from.
If NC didnot score - If LFC had kept a clean sheet - we would all be celerbrating one of the goals of the season and 3 points.
IF - IF - IF
I'd just like to see BR mix it as he was forced to do in the Derby - for me this is the stregnth of a good manager - being able to mix it up when required.
That's all...
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games