THE OLYMPIC GAMES/PARALYMPIC GAMES

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:31 am

I must say some events are relatively entertaining.  Really enjoying the indoor and beach volleyball, water polo, field hockey, handball, and swimming events.  I don't think guys play field hockey or hand ball, but holy Sh*t if there was a men's team for those I wouldn't' think twice before joining.  They look fun as hell.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:46 am

Medal Counts, and all that don't matter to me any more.  I just want to see the woman who wins gold in the "Snatch" category.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:58 am

ethanr » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:31 am wrote:I must say some events are relatively entertaining.  Really enjoying the indoor and beach volleyball, water polo, field hockey, handball, and swimming events.  I don't think guys play field hockey or hand ball, but holy Sh*t if there was a men's team for those I wouldn't' think twice before joining.  They look fun as hell.

But there are competitions for men in handball and field hockey. I think they're in the Olympics as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Yes there is definatly men's hockey and handball

GB win another 2 golds and silver today's

In the Rowing though not the chess unfortunatly
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Guess what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing breaking news

Another gold and its in ..........................................Rowing

Still no chess gold though
Benny The Noon

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:49 pm

damjan193 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:31 am wrote:I must say some events are relatively entertaining.  Really enjoying the indoor and beach volleyball, water polo, field hockey, handball, and swimming events.  I don't think guys play field hockey or hand ball, but holy Sh*t if there was a men's team for those I wouldn't' think twice before joining.  They look fun as hell.

But there are competitions for men in handball and field hockey. I think they're in the Olympics as well.

Seriously? I've looked and I haven't seen any of those events for men... I wanna watch that.
ethanr

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:59 pm

The men are playing tommz on the hockey pitch
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Ennis is a remarkable athlete
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:26 pm

metalhead » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 pm wrote:Ennis is a remarkable athlete

yeah agree + she's absolutely georgeous :hearts
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Another two golds - heptathlon and long jump !

Disappointing news from the chess arena in afraid :( No gold
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Benny whats with the Chess comments mate?

I'm a bit sad tonight... to see Phelps go but at least he is going out on a high with another gold medal. I don't think any athlete will ever come close to achieving what he has done.  :buttrock
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:35 pm

ethanr » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:49 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 pm wrote:

Seriously? I've looked and I haven't seen any of those events for men... I wanna watch that.

Don't know about field hockey, but Hungary and Spain are playing a handball match right now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Anybody else thing Ramsey has been trash this tournament?  He plays like he's above everybody else, and he makes so many stupid mistakes from holding the ball too long.
ethanr

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:57 pm

tubby » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:29 pm wrote:Benny whats with the Chess comments mate?

I'm a bit sad tonight... to see Phelps go but at least he is going out on a high with another gold medal. I don't think any athlete will ever come close to achieving what he has done.  :buttrock

Boom !!!! Mo with the gold - 3 in one night , 6 in a day !

Still no chess gold

Bav - Kharhaz was bleating on about sports at Olympics and chess should be in it because he is good. So in just updating him on the current Olympic chess situation.
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:37 am

Incredible performances on the track from Ennis and Mo tonight.  Your athletes are doing you all proud, my British mates.  Canada finally grabbed it's first gold today (FFS) on the trampoline.  Ahh well, we're slightly better at the winter sports. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum