THE OLYMPIC GAMES/PARALYMPIC GAMES

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby fivecups » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:19 am

Bad Bob » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:37 pm wrote:Incredible performances on the track from Ennis and Mo tonight.  Your athletes are doing you all proud, my British mates.  Canada finally grabbed it's first gold today (FFS) on the trampoline.  Ahh well, we're slightly better at the winter sports. :D

Watched a program on the Canadian shot-putter - very good it was. Pity he didn't medal. I have to say the Canadian support for the British effort is very nice.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:32 am

Well done Ennis!  :love:  :hearts  :love:

Well done Mo, good on ya.  :bowdown

Thanks BB for you kind words regarding our athletes, as you say they have done Great Britain proud! I thought the Aussies would fare better than they have in all honesty, that reminds me, where's laza, it'd be nice to give him some s.hit.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:30 am

Well done to all of the GB team.  Making a nice show for the home fans.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:50 pm

The Williams Brothers have won the Olympic female doubles gold to extend the United States of Man vs Food's lead in the medal table.
Boxscarf

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:06 pm

:D

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:33 pm

BB Hence the need for people to realize that racial humor can exist without it being racist.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:20 pm

YESSS!!!!!!!!!! I f*cking LOVE ANDY MURRAY. TOTALLY BRILLIANT PERFORMANCE!!! SUPERB!!!!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:23 pm

The Good Yank » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:33 pm wrote:BB Hence the need for people to realize that racial humor can exist without it being racist.

:nod

In all seriousness, it was a brilliant race from both Farah and Rupp.  There was so much jostling and jockeying for position for so long and then Farah just exploded away from the pack.  Then Rupp found another gear and came from the middle of the pack to win silver comfortably.  Stirring stuff and their shared joy at the end was great to see.  I thought I read somewhere that they train together in Oregon.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Yes Bob they are training partners and have been for a couple years now

GB today win two more golds plus two silvers and a bronze

Currently struggling in the chess though
Benny The Noon

Postby Boocity » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Wow can't believe how well GB are doing  :buttrock
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:58 pm

fivecups » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:20 pm wrote: YESSS!!!!!!!!!! I f*cking LOVE ANDY MURRAY. TOTALLY BRILLIANT PERFORMANCE!!! SUPERB!!!!

Murray had a superb game, deserved the gold.

Ben Ainslie olympian legend, most decorated medalist sailsman in the world  :)  :)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:04 pm

is China still #1 in medals category?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:45 pm

metalhead » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:04 pm wrote:is China still #1 in medals category?

yes, but only just. soon the mighty team GB will overtake them. my chest is bruised black and blue (looking, incidentally, not unlike a team GB sports shirt) from constantly punching myself in the heart in a crazed mania of patriotism.  nobody sails, cycles or rides a horse better than us!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:36 pm

While one Olympian can win 18 gold medal himself, we Malaysian, with all our facilities & sport programs couldn't even muster 1.

The mind boggles.
#whatdoesittaketowinanolympicgold
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby yellsub66 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Team GB have been absolutely fantastic in the London 2012 Olympics! The efforts of the British team from Cyclists to Swimmers and from Athletes to Rowers has been absolutely fantastic. Watching the way Team GB has competed has also made me realise how I am falling out of love with modern football and everything it stands for.

These athletes have given their all for Great Britain, yet modern football which has been ruined by the money pumped into it by Sky and the Premier League shows up our modern day footballers for what they are. Ridiculously overpaid, under-educated, prima donna's who flirt with mediocrity every time they play at international level. Just look at the British men's football team ...meekly going out of the Olympics to those giants of world football.....South Korea...on penalties again! Look at the pathetic performance of England at the Euros.

The British Olympic team are true sporting heroes and are truly WORLD CLASS. They don't need to be paid £120,000 a week to perform at the highest level.

If anything, this Olympics has made me realise that football (my first sporting love for over forty years) is doomed if it carries on along it's current course of development ....£35 million for Andy Carroll...what a complete NONSENSE!! :veryangry
yellsub66

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum