DAVID NGOG - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Looks like he is on his way to Bolton today

4m
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:21 pm

Mmm.  Decent business.  Think he's worth about £6m in this inflated, crazy, market - he has got experience after all - but the main thing is that we buy another striker.  The Bellamy deal doesn't look like it's happening.
haps

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:04 pm

good deal for an average player....but as others have said, we need to replace him without breaking the bank.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:18 pm

7_Kewell wrote:good deal for an average player....but as others have said, we need to replace him without breaking the bank.

any suggestions mate? some names i can think right now are Craig Bellamy, Kevin Doyle and our very own Adam Morgan.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:good deal for an average player....but as others have said, we need to replace him without breaking the bank.

any suggestions mate? some names i can think right now are Craig Bellamy, Kevin Doyle and our very own Adam Morgan.

Give Morgan a lash....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 pm

daniel sturridge...and it's close to happening too!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Shaun Wright-Phillips, who is surplus to requirements at Manchester City, is set for transfer talks over a £2 million switch to QPR, according to The Mirror.

???  why not? he could add some pace and trickery to the right side.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Its a transfer I dont understand... We are already short on numbers upfront and the 3 or 4 mill we'll get for him surely wont have a significant effect on our financial situation. To add to that we also lost Pacheco this transfer window which adds to the confusion as to why we'd allow him to leave.

Hopefully we have someone lined up to replace him who is better (none of the kids are imo) because if not, then it might come back to haunt us with an injury upfront to one of our 2 strikers.

The other option is to sign a top class right winger and have Kuyt as the backup striker. I dont buy into the whole having your starting right winger as your backup striker simply because an injury upfront would mean a different position in the side is weakened.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:02 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Shaun Wright-Phillips, who is surplus to requirements at Manchester City, is set for transfer talks over a £2 million switch to QPR, according to The Mirror.

???  why not? he could add some pace and trickery to the right side.

What has SWP done in his career that deserves a red shirt?

Nada Juanito.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:12 pm

almost certain to go through according to the echo:

[url=http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/08/30/liverpool-fc-striker-david-ngog-set-to-finalise-4m-move-to-bolton-before-transfer-deadline
-100252-29325910/]http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....9325910[/url]
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Dont really like to slag are departing player, but he was friggin awful wasnt he? delighted hes leaving, no talent what so ever, we could really do with another striker though, i dont think Suarez, Carroll and Kuyt will be enough for the whole season.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Dont really like to slag are departing player, but he was friggin awful wasnt he? delighted hes leaving, no talent what so ever, we could really do with another striker though, i dont think Suarez, Carroll and Kuyt will be enough for the whole season.

christ that's a bit harsh. i think he'll do quite well at a team like bolton if he can have more regular game time and develop his game, a bit like sturridge did.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:31 pm

he isn't a bad player...just an average one. Will be well suited to the likes of Bolton and probably get 8 or 9 goals a seaosn
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 pm

stmichael wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:Dont really like to slag are departing player, but he was friggin awful wasnt he? delighted hes leaving, no talent what so ever, we could really do with another striker though, i dont think Suarez, Carroll and Kuyt will be enough for the whole season.

christ that's a bit harsh. i think he'll do quite well at a team like bolton if he can have more regular game time and develop his game, a bit like sturridge did.

I'd have Sturridge over Eggnog in a jiffy. He may have had his moments but overall his brief cameo appearances where very ineffectual. We are finally weeding out the last of the weeds
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 am

SSN are reporting now that Liverpool accepted Bolton's fee for Ngog.

Best of luck David!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion