Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Heimdall you are talking nonsense mate. If we sell him we may as well all pack up and go home. This team is trying to get stronger not weaker!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:34 pm

bavlondon wrote:Heimdall you are talking nonsense mate. If we sell him we may as well all pack up and go home. This team is trying to get stronger not weaker!

oh lord it's like talking to toddlers sometimes. £100 million, £100 million, £100 million ffs!! You could buy most football clubs for that amount of money and we could certainly get 3 top top strikers for that amount or 2 very good strikers and a winger. It's like owning a picasso when your house is falling to pieces, you sell the fecking painting and fix your home, it's a no brainer. No player is worth £100 million.
heimdall

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:41 pm

You know what let's just leave it there mate, you seem to be enjoying it in fantasy land. Must be all them minke whales.

:D
Last edited by tubby on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:51 pm

I know what your saying but it would be madness to sell Torres. The spine of our team is pretty good.  Reina, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Mascha, Torres and even though he is looking like he hasn't got too many more seansons in him Carra.  If we had a manager who motivated this group of players and let them off the leash every now and then and played them in the right position we only need a few more players to put a team together to win the premiership imho
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:58 pm

bavlondon wrote:You know what let's just leave it there mate, you seem to be enjoying it in fantasy land. Must be all them minke whales.

:D

Whale is good eating  :D
heimdall

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:18 pm

heimdall wrote:
Reg wrote:I dont think the sponsers would be too happy either.  Ignore it.

Why would the sponsors care, are you suggesting that all the fans would immediately stop supporting Liverpool if Nando left, I though you wanted to get rid of the glory hunters anyway?  :D

If I have to explain why sponsers would be concerned if we sold our prime asset and photo opportunity boy then suggest you start reading some business books before posting any more.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kalos » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Heimdall- I have never heard such inane drivel in my life.

Sell Torres for £100M and what price tag gets slapped on every average to good striker when LFC come knocking?

Absolutely naive you lad - that or just a ----wit.    :D
kalos

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Reg wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Why would the sponsors care, are you suggesting that all the fans would immediately stop supporting Liverpool if Nando left, I though you wanted to get rid of the glory hunters anyway?  :D

If I have to explain why sponsers would be concerned if we sold our prime asset and photo opportunity boy then suggest you start reading some business books before posting any more.

ok but we don't get anywhere near £100 million of marketing out of him, suggest you read some marketing and business books.  :D
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:18 pm

kalos wrote:Heimdall- I have never heard such inane drivel in my life.

Sell Torres for £100M and what price tag gets slapped on every average to good striker when LFC come knocking?

Absolutely naive you lad - that or just a ----wit.    :D

yeah that is true, every single player in the world would then of course be much more expensive for us than any other team, and you call me naive  :no
I don't think you guys grasp how much money £100 million is, it would set us up to have a real title push. anyway I give up I'm not going to convince you guys, nobody agrees with me so I'll just shut up about it.
heimdall

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:35 pm

heimdall wrote:oh lord it's like talking to toddlers sometimes. £100 million, £100 million, £100 million ffs!! You could buy most football clubs for that amount of money and we could certainly get 3 top top strikers for that amount or 2 very good strikers and a winger. It's like owning a picasso when your house is falling to pieces, you sell the fecking painting and fix your home, it's a no brainer. No player is worth £100 million.

I have met with many Norwegian fans and they are pretty much in general a likeable bunch ,who are quite knowledgeable in  a football capacity specifically in regards to Liverpool ,but you dispel completely the affable Scandinavian theory ,you are on this forum solely with the intent to provoke and bait ,your ridiculous comments are devoid of common sense ,and speaking from a personal perspective you remain a complete enigma to me

It has drawn me to the conclusion you exist purely to ensure you rattle the cages of the more shall we say  susceptible to your barbs   ??? Anything else would simply not make sense of your inane responses
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:02 pm

heimdall wrote:
Reg wrote:
heimdall wrote:

ok but we don't get anywhere near £100 million of marketing out of him, suggest you read some marketing and business books.  :D

How can you judge what Fernando is worth to the club? In terms of image alone the club surely looks a more attractive proposition with a world class player like him on the book does it not? I give up.  :laugh:

Who on earth would want to buy a club saddled with debt not to mention fund a stadium if the club sold all their big stars.

We just need to get through this season and we will see more money pumped into the squad im sure of it.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NewRed » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 pm

could i just come in here and stick up for heimdall i dont want to sell Torres to me he's a god but i have to agree with the painting/house analogy think about the state were in guys. Last week whilst looking through the teletext. I saw the announcement that the yanks are near to selling their baseball buisness for £362 million plus if Torres is sold for £100mill i think Rafa would walk thus we wouldnt have to pay him out so were winners all round with £462 mill in the bank. So bring on the new 60,000 seater stadium as was announced on Merseyside radio the digging is to start in April this year i think the deal has already been done my Red friends. Plus this would leave us some money to pay a bit of the RBS loan. :wwww
NewRed

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:21 pm

What makes you think any of that 362Mil would go into Liverpool FC? Sorry mate but that you are living in la la land if you think our problems would be so easily solved.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 pm

NewRed wrote:could i just come in here and stick up for heimdall i dont want to sell Torres to me he's a god but i have to agree with the painting/house analogy think about the state were in guys. Last week whilst looking through the teletext. I saw the announcement that the yanks are near to selling their baseball buisness for £362 million plus if Torres is sold for £100mill i think Rafa would walk thus we wouldnt have to pay him out so were winners all round with £462 mill in the bank. So bring on the new 60,000 seater stadium as was announced on Merseyside radio the digging is to start in April this year i think the deal has already been done my Red friends. Plus this would leave us some money to pay a bit of the RBS loan. :wwww

Your right about one thing money in the bank , it will be RBS bank . and there private bank there pocket,
Greedy conniving cheating Tw.ats
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 am

Fernando Torres is part of this clubs whole structure. Through the years there have been certain players that have come to our great club and made a difference. Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush, John aldridge, M.Owen, Robbie Fowler and now - Fernando Torres. He's not only got it ON the pitch he also has it OFF the pitch too. He's a great asset to the club. Pretty boy? maybe. Quality footballer? Absolutley. Income generator? no doubt.  Get shut of Torres and we'll gain £100 million but we'll lose something that money really cant replace - heart and passion for the shirt/club.

we ain't selling him - move on.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill