Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Waldo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 am

Waldo wrote:Darren Bent is the player Rafa wants en exchange for Babel.

Just made that one up. Another one we missed out on though. Reckon he'd do a fine job for LFC.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:08 am

bavlondon wrote:
heimdall wrote:I reckon if Citeh offered us £100 million for nando in the summer then we should sell him. That is just an insane amount of money for a player who unfortunately seems to be getting more and more injury prone. he is arguably the best striker in the world but the rest of our team are not good enough to deserve or need him. We would be better off spending the £100 million on getting 3 top players, 2 strikers and a winger.

Ok let's assume we get 100Mil, firstly what makes you think Rafa will get all of it to spend? The owners still don't have a pot to :censored: in, we are already out of Europe and may finish outside the top 4 so that means no CL run money for the rest of this season and maybe none next season. Based on what happened with the Alonso money you think we will get to spend all of it on new players?

Also everyone will know we have 100 burning a hole in our pocket so will naturally want more for their players. Sorry mate but Torres just needs rest that's all. Unfortunatley he wont get any this summer (unless Spain go out early which I really do hope happens from a selfish point of view (towards Torres of course)).

Selling Torres would be madness mate. He is one of the few players we have left that we could call world class.

Agreed, that money would disappear the same way as the Ronaldo money at Manu. It would also send the wrong signals out. No, Nando must stay and who says he would go there anyway.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:27 am

Boocity wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
heimdall wrote:I reckon if Citeh offered us £100 million for nando in the summer then we should sell him. That is just an insane amount of money for a player who unfortunately seems to be getting more and more injury prone. he is arguably the best striker in the world but the rest of our team are not good enough to deserve or need him. We would be better off spending the £100 million on getting 3 top players, 2 strikers and a winger.

Ok let's assume we get 100Mil, firstly what makes you think Rafa will get all of it to spend? The owners still don't have a pot to :censored: in, we are already out of Europe and may finish outside the top 4 so that means no CL run money for the rest of this season and maybe none next season. Based on what happened with the Alonso money you think we will get to spend all of it on new players?

Also everyone will know we have 100 burning a hole in our pocket so will naturally want more for their players. Sorry mate but Torres just needs rest that's all. Unfortunatley he wont get any this summer (unless Spain go out early which I really do hope happens from a selfish point of view (towards Torres of course)).

Selling Torres would be madness mate. He is one of the few players we have left that we could call world class.

Agreed, that money would disappear the same way as the Ronaldo money at Manu. It would also send the wrong signals out. No, Nando must stay and who says he would go there anyway.

He wouldn't ever play for any other English side. He loves the club too much. If he did ever leave the club, and he probably will one day, it will be either to return to Atletico or maybe to Italy.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:22 am

Laughing me head off here , ive just been havin a nosy on TLW an theres a thread about Cahill, someones said hes supposed to be coming here next season haha ,Well let me tell you somthing he hates us , an i mean hates us, and dont ask how i know but i do , and thats the truth
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:35 am

NANNY RED wrote:Laughing me head off here , ive just been havin a nosy on TLW an theres a thread about Cahill, someones said hes supposed to be coming here next season haha ,Well let me tell you somthing he hates us , an i mean hates us, and dont ask how i know but i do , and thats the truth

good because I sure do hate him
JoeTerp

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:21 am

Piss off
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Well said Cigs...after me own heart, that was...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 pm

An he wonders why he gets stick.  :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:38 pm

NANNY RED wrote:An he wonders why he gets stick.  :no

who, nando?
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:

erm bit confused here but didn't the money we got from the sale of Alonso go towards buying Johnson and Aquaman, you know the midfielder who was out injured half the season and who Rafa now doesn't fancy.

OK lets say the whole £100 million went to paying off our debts, well that would be fine actually becuase we would then almost be debt free which is a good thing especially with Platini stomping around dreaming up ways to feck up the indebted Prem clubs.

In reality Rafa or hopefully a new manager would have a sh1tload of cash to spend and if spent wisely would vastly improve the team, what is the bloody point of having a top class striker when you have a fecking awfull midfield supplying, and I do use that term loosely, with balls.
heimdall

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Alan the :censored: Brazil saying today that Torres to City is a done deal. Read it on another forum didn't actually hear it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 pm

yeah, torres goes to city then Rafa and the club have a bigger problem - mainly the fans. They'd be riots and murders and Anfield would be torn down to the ground. Rafa and co know what nando means to the fans, he would walk if he was made to sell him.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:17 pm

I dont think the sponsers would be too happy either.  Ignore it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Lee J wrote:yeah, torres goes to city then Rafa and the club have a bigger problem - mainly the fans. They'd be riots and murders and Anfield would be torn down to the ground. Rafa and co know what nando means to the fans, he would walk if he was made to sell him.

Exactly, injury prone Torres goes for a fortune, Rafa leaves, oh happy days, I'll be dancing in the street. BTW I rate Torres as probably the best striker in the world but whilst the rest of our team are so average, with a few very notable exceptions, there is no point having the best striker in the world in your treatment room/team, especially when you can make so much money off him. In any case why do you all assume he wants to stay with a team who has so little chance of winning anything? or do you perhaps think the thought of lifting the Europa league trophy gets him pumped up? Maybe just maybe Nando wants to leave?
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Reg wrote:I dont think the sponsers would be too happy either.  Ignore it.

Why would the sponsors care, are you suggesting that all the fans would immediately stop supporting Liverpool if Nando left, I though you wanted to get rid of the glory hunters anyway?  :D

Look if we can get a fortune for Torres then we ought to do it, it's business and bloody good business if we can get anywhere near £100 million for him.
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill