Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:19 am

I will bet anyone in this forum £100 , Coutinho will not be leaving LFC until Next summer at least.

Do you think our Board are so stupid to sell him in January!????????

Who in their right mind would do that.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 am

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:19 am wrote:I will bet anyone in this forum £100 , Coutinho will not be leaving LFC until Next summer at least.

Do you think our Board are so stupid to sell him in January!????????

Who in their right mind would do that.

It depends imo, I don't think our board want to sell him in January but their hand could be forced by Barcelona and Phil, if this tapping up saga involving Griezemann is legit and Barca really are staring down the barrel of a 4 window (2 year) transfer ban then it makes sense to assume that they are going to move heaven and earth to get some deals done now before the ban comes into effect. If we were in the same position that's what we'd all expect FSG to do.
Barca could say to Phil look if this doesn't happen now it probably never will, they wouldn't be lying either, 2 years is a long time in football and a lot can change in that time, they could use this impending ban to really crank the pressure up on Phil to force the deal through from his end, you only have to look at his interview after the Bournemouth game to see where his heart lies, if he thinks he's genuinely looking at a now or never situation who knows what he would do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:03 pm

quite a few rumours linking us to Lazio's Stefan de Vrij. Their chairman has also said he won't stand in his way if he wants to leave in January. 

Anyone know much about him?  He must be an upgrade on what we have, surely?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:44 pm

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... ssion=true

Don't know if there is any weight in this.
Apparently Kevin Palmer is Southamptons mouth piece.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:04 am

Never been particularly convinced by VVD or whether he is the answer to our problems. One thing he does have is that he defends on the front foot, which our style of play requires and something which doesn't come naturally to Lovren. However he is another one who can look great for a run of 5 games and then look poor for a goal in the next game. Probably doesn't get magnified at Southampton but at us it will.

Saying that, bottom line is if Klopp wants him then we have to back him.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:26 am

He's never worth £70m in a million years but he is better than anyone we've got on our books. I suppose in someways the club can't win, we have all had a whinge in the past about the club not showing enough ambition (I know I certainly have) so i guess it's a bit hypocritical of us to moan when they actually do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:48 am

Yup 70M is steep but if Klopp wants him we should back him. We should also go for De vrij 25M however his contract is expiring in the summer so maybe we can get a cheaper deal.
De Vrij and VVD in Jan would be a dream which is hard to see happening.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:00 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:26 am wrote:He's never worth £70m in a million years but he is better than anyone we've got on our books. I suppose in someways the club can't win, we have all had a whinge in the past about the club not showing enough ambition (I know I certainly have) so i guess it's a bit hypocritical of us to moan when they actually do.

Frankly I don't really care how much these players cost, if they are better than what we have and the market is so inflated then so be it as it is not my money. If we over pay for Keita/Van Dyke/Lemar then great as long as we get them and next year we are competing, we haven't spent much last few years relatively speaking so we are due a splurge! A good CL run means we have more money than we have had for a while.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:55 am

kazza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:00 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:26 am wrote:He's never worth £70m in a million years but he is better than anyone we've got on our books. I suppose in someways the club can't win, we have all had a whinge in the past about the club not showing enough ambition (I know I certainly have) so i guess it's a bit hypocritical of us to moan when they actually do.

Frankly I don't really care how much these players cost, if they are better than what we have and the market is so inflated then so be it as it is not my money. If we over pay for Keita/Van Dyke/Lemar then great as long as we get them and next year we are competing, we haven't spent much last few years relatively speaking so we are due a splurge! A good CL run means we have more money than we have had for a while.

This club, with these owners, does not splurge.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Yeah, I agree Kazza, the prices put on players nowadays are almost irrelevant because they are spiralling totally out of control. It's got to the point where if a club wants a player and has the money available, they just have to pay up and take the chance. (Unless the buying club is Barcelona, of course....)
I hope we can get him, because he appears to be better than what we've got, and that can only be a positive for us.
I just hope that we also try and get a proper 'keeper too, cos it's getting increasingly difficult to keep the faith in Simon....
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:54 pm

VVD could be happening....lots of outlets running the story now. VVD is also set to be left out of the Southampton squad for the next few games...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:24 pm

It would be awesome if we seal the so called deal and get him ready for Everton and City.
I really hope something happens.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:36 pm

It will be a hell of a coup if we can sign him, especially given City were so public about their interest a few weeks ago.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:30 pm

If we do get Van Dyk and its still a big if with City linked then I hope its not an outrageous fee, I suspect not as Liverpool are tough negotiators if nothing else, willing to play the long game to get acquire key pieces at the right price.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:01 pm

He's not worth it. Gotta be better options outside the PL.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill