Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 pm

I agree with Didi.. I'm not taking anything from the 3 players in question neither. I think Hendo has worked his butt off for this club and run his heart out more than anyone, but he's reached his level now and unfortunately he's just not quite good enough.

Can is a player that's very naive and believes his own hype. He's a good player but he's nowhere near world class and probably never will be. He's handy, but there's at least 60 Center Mids better in Europe.

Sturridge is a world class player but injuries have took away his career. We have stuck by him, looked after him, paid his wages.. but now it's time to let him go and get a striker that can play week in week out.

Rumour has it we're looking at Jonny Evans for January.. I would be absolutely livid if we buy another low-ball signing.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:22 am

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:35 pm wrote:I agree with Didi.. I'm not taking anything from the 3 players in question neither. I think Hendo has worked his butt off for this club and run his heart out more than anyone, but he's reached his level now and unfortunately he's just not quite good enough.

I don't think Hendo has reached his level...I think we've raised our game and expectations. And with the likes of Coutinho, Firmino, Salah and Mane in the team, Hendo looks somewhat ordinary.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:24 am

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:35 pm wrote:I agree with Didi.. I'm not taking anything from the 3 players in question neither. I think Hendo has worked his butt off for this club and run his heart out more than anyone, but he's reached his level now and unfortunately he's just not quite good enough.

Can is a player that's very naive and believes his own hype. He's a good player but he's nowhere near world class and probably never will be. He's handy, but there's at least 60 Center Mids better in Europe.

Sturridge is a world class player but injuries have took away his career. We have stuck by him, looked after him, paid his wages.. but now it's time to let him go and get a striker that can play week in week out.

Rumour has it we're looking at Jonny Evans for January.. I would be absolutely livid if we buy another low-ball signing.

I'm inclined to agree with Didi to. Sturridge, great goalscorer but physically he is shot and himself/us need to move on now. Can shows flashes of being a top player but don't see enough consistency from him. Hendo is a trier and not necessarily a bad player, but he isn't up there with the best either. Apart from maybe Arsenal, I really couldn't see Hendo and Can getting into the starting lineups of the likes City, Utd, Chelsea or Spurs which says it all really. Can has the potential but yoyo's a bit too much for my liking and is going to be 24 next month so coming out of that a player with huge potential phase.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:37 am

i doubt Emre will be here next season anyway, once a player lets his contract run down to this point it's pretty rare for them to sign an extension with their current club.
In today's Daily Mirror it's saying Chelsea are in big time for Lemar, by all accounts Conte has told Chelsea's board that they must sign him. Apparently an official who used to work at Stamford Bridge now works at Monaco so there's good relations between the two clubs as well. Arsenal are in for him too but they fear they might be priced out given Chelsea's determination to land the player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:38 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... n-14048743

Reports are that Juve are lining up a move for Emre in January with a bumper offer of £4.5 mil a year  :glare:  Thought we were offering him more than that to stay as 4.5 equates to about 86k a week.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:04 am

https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/liverpool-agree-stunning-real-madrid-mateo-kovacic

Not sure about the source but we were looking at him before he went to Madrid and he is "that type of player" that the owners like. I actually like him and think it would soften the blow of Coutinho leaving.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:00 am

kazza » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:04 am wrote:https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/liverpool-agree-stunning-real-madrid-mateo-kovacic

Not sure about the source but we were looking at him before he went to Madrid and he is "that type of player" that the owners like. I actually like him and think it would soften the blow of Coutinho leaving.

He'd be a great signing, a midfield pairing of him and Keita would be amongst the best in the world. I still think we need to sign Lemar though.
Selling your best players is never the way forward but If we swap Coutinho for Kovacic and Lemar we'd probably emerge from this saga a better all round side which takes some doing when your selling a player of Phil's quality.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:00 am wrote:
kazza » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:04 am wrote:https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/liverpool-agree-stunning-real-madrid-mateo-kovacic

He'd be a great signing, a midfield pairing of him and Keita would be amongst the best in the world.

I agree and it would really help our defense as well, add to that Van Dyke (and hopefully a goalie) and you can see we may well have a team that can really do something and it is for the first time in a long while a real reality. Consider that these are young players we may have a team that would dominate for a while. Unlike the flash in the pan team that Rodgers had, this team could have much more depth in quality. I hope that the owners can see we are on the cusp of something great and go for it because unlike every year that we say we are a couple of players away, this time I think it is true. I hope they go for it in Jan and leave no stone unturned to make these things happen.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Apparently a few papers in Spain are saying that Barcelona are preparing a £132m January bid for Coutinho, by all accounts they want the deal done as quickly as possible because Atletico have reported them to the Spanish FA for trying to tap up Griezemann and if they get found guilty they will be looking at something like a 4 window ban.
Balague though is saying that because Liverpool are through to the knockout stages of the CL and have drawn Porto we aren't interested in discussing Coutinho's future until the summer at the earliest.
Could be a bit of a Mexican standoff developing
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Personally I think Klopp would have let him go in the summer. He’s all about committed players pulling in one direction and some of the stuff coming out of Brazil was pointed directly at Klopp. My guess is that FSG were determined to keep him as it would have been a PR disaster with the fans if they would have folded like a cheap suit at the first sign of interest from Barcelona. I’m sure he’ll leave in the summer if Barcelona are sensible with their offer but there’s no chance of letting him go this window.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:39 pm wrote:Apparently a few papers in Spain are saying that Barcelona are preparing a £132m January bid for Coutinho, by all accounts they want the deal done as quickly as possible because Atletico have reported them to the Spanish FA for trying to tap up Griezemann and if they get found guilty they will be looking at something like a 4 window ban.
Balague though is saying that because Liverpool are through to the knockout stages of the CL and have drawn Porto we aren't interested in discussing Coutinho's future until the summer at the earliest.
Could be a bit of a Mexican standoff developing

Another Barca transfer ban  :laugh:   They make our transfer dealings look professional  :D

I can't see him going in Jan....not unless Barca offer us £140m, upfront with none of this add on b00ll0cks.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 am

Keep Coutinho till the summer, no point selling him in Jan.

We have a good chance of progressing deep into the CL, so keep him irrespective of how much money they offer us.

If Barcelona get done tapping players up and banned its simply not our problem.

Keeping him would be a blessing in disguise as a midfield and frontline of Keita, Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firminho will be downright frightening with all of them about to hit their peaks in their careers.

If it was up to me I would either sell him to Madrid or PSG (f**k farcelona) and use the money to bring in Kovacic and Lemar to bolster our squad.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:36 am

eds » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:59 pm wrote:Keep Coutinho till the summer, no point selling him in Jan.

We have a good chance of progressing deep into the CL, so keep him irrespective of how much money they offer us.

Keeping him would be a blessing in disguise as a midfield and frontline of Keita, Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firminho will be downright frightening with all of them about to hit their peaks in their careers.

If it was up to me I would either sell him to Madrid or PSG (f**k farcelona) and use the money to bring in Kovacic and Lemar to bolster our squad.

That's pretty much the way I look at it as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:47 am

eds » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:59 am wrote:Keep Coutinho till the summer, no point selling him in Jan.

Fck Barcelona indeed. Kovacic is exactly the type of player we need to replace Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum with. No way Madrid let him go though, he's their Modric replacement and he'll probably be there for at least 7-8 more years.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:34 pm

"ManCity’s top priority is signing a centre-back and they could move for Virgil van Dijk in January transfer window."
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill