Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:55 pm

He's primarily coming in to provide cover for Gini and Lallana. Like Gini and Lallana, he's not good enough to play in a 2, but he's absolutely fine in a 3. Sure he'll also cover Salah and Mane. He's best position probably is the role Lallana played last year on the right side of the 3. He'll do just fine if he stays fit.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Lemar has been given permission to have a medical although we are still negotiating a fee. If this goes through Phil must be off.
Eagle

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Eagle » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:55 am wrote:He's primarily coming in to provide cover for Gini and Lallana. Like Gini and Lallana, he's not good enough to play in a 2, but he's absolutely fine in a 3. Sure he'll also cover Salah and Mane. He's best position probably is the role Lallana played last year on the right side of the 3. He'll do just fine if he stays fit.

He's a liability in CM as far as I'm concerned. He plays with heart out but his positional play is awful and he'll never control a game playing the role. His best position is the same as Mane's and Salah's so Coutinho staying would bring his chances of a regular starting spot down quite a bit. All of Lallana, Wijnaldum and Can are ahead of him for the 2 CM slots and there isnt much between him and Milner (both equally as ineffective). Add Keita next season and he's essentially signing knowing he'll have to do a whole lot to earn a starting spot here. Thats 3 wide players ahead of him for the 2 wide spots atm (assuming Coutinho stays and Lemar doesnt come in) and 3 CMs ahead of him for his preferred position (4 next season with Keita).
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:17 pm

Fu.ck it, I'd drop Henderson and play him. If i HAD to play him.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:19 pm

New signing and everyone has a downer on him. Jeez
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:29 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:19 pm wrote:New signing and everyone has a downer on him. Jeez

:rasp
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 pm

Where do I start?

35-40m for an average plonk who has 12 months left on his contract is the most stupidest thing we have done as football club.

Is he a forward? The paltry 13 goals in 164 appearances says he isn't.

Is he winger? The 18 assists in as many appearances say he isn't.

Is he a CM? His passing and awful positional awareness definitely says he isn't.

His injury record is also a case for major concern. We could have another Harry Kewell in the making here.

I'm sorry I'm not English so I couldn't give a flying f.uck about the fact that he is and that should give him "automatically" a pass.

Yakka, you are the only one that has provided some sort of substantial argument that Klopp can mould him into an actual player but I'm far from convinced, he is on the same level as Can and Origi. They try hard but ultimately aren't good enough.

The fact that we have spent that type of money just reeks of a panic buy and/or the fact we needed to desperately have another English player in our squad. Otherwise you simply can't justify why he is here.....

City bid 50m for Sanchez and we have payed 10m less for a spud that is going to be doing a lot of bench warming while he is here. God help us we are back to the Brendan days where we are spending stupid money on junk!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:31 am

On our signing of "Oxide" Chamberlain

As Rafa once said

I asked for a table and they brought me a lampshade

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 am

The negativity on this forum is bewildering. Apart from Karius the players that have been bought since Klopp joined us have all looked very good. Matip for nothing,Solanke for buttons, Robertson and Grujic both for less than £10m  all look as if they have a lot to offer. Mané could turn out to be the new Suarez and Salah is looking very good and they both cost under £40m. Time to keep the faith lads. Klopp has got a seriously good record in the transfer market. You don't have to go any further than BD for evidence of that.

I remember when Xavi Alonso was leaving Liverpool people questioned his stats. He didn't score goals and he had very few assists to his name. THAT TELLS ME ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT STATS !!

Bit of fkg positivity would be good for a change lads. We welcome players on board at Liverpool and give them a chance.  We don't castigate them before they've had the chance to even kick a ball. I despair at times.

WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL OX !! YNWA

And just one final note: DOESN'T IT FEEL GOOD SHOVING ONE UP ABRAMAVICH'S CHELSEA !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 am

devaney » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 am wrote:The negativity on this forum is bewildering.

Bit of fkg positivity would be good for a change lads. We welcome players on board at Liverpool and give them a chance.  We don't castigate them before they've had the chance to even kick a ball. I despair at times.

:laugh:  From the fella who last night was flagging up "Oxides" injury record with the comment "this isn't pretty"

:laugh:   :bowdown

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:58 am

woof woof ! » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:44 am wrote:
devaney » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 am wrote:The negativity on this forum is bewildering.

:laugh:  From the fella who last night was flagging up "Oxides" injury record with the comment "this isn't pretty"

:laugh:   :bowdown

Ffs Woof I highlighted a concern. I also said that I HOPE THIS WORKS OUT !!!! I certainly didn't castigate the lad or make some damning reference to a quote from Rafa !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:08 am

Dev is right though, the whinging has to stop.
According to Paul Joyce (who is about as respected as it gets when it comes to all things LFC) we could potentially stun football today by signing Van Dijk, Lemar, Oxlade-Chamberlain AND keep Coutinho. Apparently that is FSG's plan.
By even attempting to do that LFC is sending out the message that this club is back in the race, it doesn't matter who we sign or what deals fall through, what matters is the intent, we are going for it big time, the Liverbird is emerging from the ashes like a Phoenix.
So instead of whinging let's think back 6/7 short years to when the height of our ambition was a past it Joe Cole, Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulson.
Today is the 31st August 2017, Jurgen Klopp is our manager, we are still at our spiritual home Anfield which holds 50 odd thousand and looks absolutely magnificent, we are in the CL, we have just trashed Arsenal 4-0 playing a brand of football that has the footballing world purring, we have told one of the 2 Spanish giants that they can't have our best player and we are attempting to go on a last day spending spree that will transform us into genuine title and even CL challengers if it comes off.
Anyone whinging today needs to seriously give their head a shake.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am

I'm buzzing to see what today brings. I'm insanely hopeful but given our history in these situations I'm no entirely confident but positive nonetheless.

Bring it on. Hopefully tonight brings a few beers  :cool:
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:12 am

At last we reach the final day of the window  :buttrock
Hopefully we can bring in Van Dijk or Lemar before the day is out and that will have been a good window. The situation with Phil is far from sorted and the Spanish window does not close till tomorrow so plenty left to go in that.
Going to have a moan about the Ox  because it completely goes against everything FSG stand for. £35 mil for a lad with one year left on his contract to be a squad player. His agent is also Aidy Ward who dragged us through the shyte with sterling when he wanted a move. He will do the same if Ox proves to be a hit and wants to win something.

So far though I would say the window has been average to poor. Salah is a good signing and the Ox will be a utility player. We didn't have the window I expected with the noise we were making and all the money we supposedly have.
Keita is a good signing but no use to us this year so forget about him.
Keeping Coutinho isn't some sort of major coup  :no Its forcing the lad to honour his contract he signed.

So 2 wide players for me isn't enough to close the gap or solve our defensive issues. Get Lemar and Virgil in today!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:41 am

Why does the transfer window in Spain close 24hrs later? The window timing should be the same across Europe.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill