Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby eds » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:31 am

He has "verbally" agreed to join us if Coutinho is sold.

All major outlets saying that Farcelona have given up on Coutinho so it's very unlikely Yakka.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:17 am

eds » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 am wrote:He has "verbally" agreed to join us if Coutinho is sold.

All major outlets saying that Farcelona have given up on Coutinho so it's very unlikely Yakka.

He should be signed regardless. We need reinforcements badly
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:57 am wrote:With their phantom unveiling announcements the Spanish press are probably the only press corps in the entire world who are more unreliable than the British press so take these stories coming out of Spain this morning with a huge grain of salt but it is being reported in Spain by more than one outlet that Mateo Kovacic has agreed to join us.
This may not actually be as far fetched as it sounds, he is behind Isco in the pecking order and may fancy a starring role in the prem ahead of a bench role at Real.
Because it's the Spanish press I'm refusing to get my hopes up too much yet but he would be a fantastic signing, he would transform our midfield. He's better than Keita imo.

He might very well be better than Keita as you say. Fantastic player and the way he ran the show in the 2nd game against Barcelona was impressive for a player his age. He also did it playing a holding midfield role.

That said, it would take 70+ mill to sign him from Madrid imo. I also doubt he'd have any interest in joining us given the amount of playing time Zidane affords him and the other younger players in Madrid. He's also the first in rotation behind their starting midfield trio with Isco and Asensio usually deputizing for one of the front 3.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:37 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:49 pm wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
aCe' » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:36 pm wrote:They've been interested in Seri for a while now. Before we were, I think. He's a fantastic player and one of the best passers in the world imo. He isnt quite Alonso in his style (more mobile but not as solid defensively) but he's the type of player fans will love. Watched him play against Guinamp yesterday, dont recall him missing a pass; he's always trying to pick out runners down the flanks as well. Curls almost every pass.

I know we need a more defensive midfielder to partner Wijnaldum but I dont think I'd mind these 2 as a partnership if we can defend a bit better down the flanks. We'd be great in possession.

Talk about Alonso, always fancied our youth player Chirivella cause his passing style reminds me of the Alonso. What happened to him? Klopp doesnt seem to fancy him...

He's gone out on loan again. Signed a deal with Willem II for the season.
Being honest I think this lad will be heading out the door in a year or so. We sent him out last year to gain 1st team experience and he got it but the decision was made to send him out again. I don't think Jurgen rates him either as I think he has only managed 1 appearance in the league for us under him. I always believe if the manager rates you he will keep you around in order to develop your career under him. Its pointless sending a player that you want to use to develop under another coach in another league. None of these players we send out come back into our 1st team either so highly doubtful Pedro will be the first. I would be thinking different if Jurgen had kept the lad for our preseason so he at least has time to coach him but he opted to pack him off instead. We are constantly led to believe we are signing top talents for the future but we are not because we barely even use any of these lads. He will be just another one who never got a chance.

Thanks for that update mate... yeah I think he will be gone...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm

aCe' » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:57 am wrote:With their phantom unveiling announcements the Spanish press are probably the only press corps in the entire world who are more unreliable than the British press so take these stories coming out of Spain this morning with a huge grain of salt but it is being reported in Spain by more than one outlet that Mateo Kovacic has agreed to join us.
This may not actually be as far fetched as it sounds, he is behind Isco in the pecking order and may fancy a starring role in the prem ahead of a bench role at Real.
Because it's the Spanish press I'm refusing to get my hopes up too much yet but he would be a fantastic signing, he would transform our midfield. He's better than Keita imo.

He might very well be better than Keita as you say. Fantastic player and the way he ran the show in the 2nd game against Barcelona was impressive for a player his age. He also did it playing a holding midfield role.

That said, it would take 70+ mill to sign him from Madrid imo. I also doubt he'd have any interest in joining us given the amount of playing time Zidane affords him and the other younger players in Madrid. He's also the first in rotation behind their starting midfield trio with Isco and Asensio usually deputizing for one of the front 3.

Apparently he has a relatively low buy out clause mate, about £55m-£60m iirc, if the reports in the press are true and we had earmarked him as Coutinho's replacement then maybe we have already sounded him out about a possible move here (not directly of course, don't want another Southampton situation).
I agree with Klopptomaniac, Kovacic is the type of player we should be signing to complement Coutinho not to replace him with. Just that one signing would completely revolutionise our game.

Hendo.        Kovacic

Coutinho

Salah.                                        Mane

Firmino

How about that for a midfield and forward line? Add Jurgen Klopp's coaching to that lot and you have a potential title winning combination imo. Who knows Leipzig may even decide to cash in on Keita in January too before the low buyout clause kicks in next summer. Imagine a midfield 3 of Coutinho, Kovacic and Keita after Christmas? We'd have to dust off that best midfield in the world song from our Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano days.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:35 pm

eds » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 am wrote:He has "verbally" agreed to join us if Coutinho is sold.

Unlikely mate but not impossible. Let's keep our fingers crossed that there's something in this story.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Kovacic will have to compete with Coutinho and Lallana for a spot in the starting 11. He’d probably get more game time with us but I think he’ll move somewhere he’ll be guaranteed to start when everyone is fit. He sounds fed up being a bit-part player at Madrid.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Not sure if he'll be directly fighting Coutinho and Lallana for a spot I think he's more versatile so he could play instead of Can or Wjanaldum.

I would be happy if we signed him for £30-£40m.. but he's not worth the £70m that's being quoted.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:24 pm wrote:Not sure if he'll be directly fighting Coutinho and Lallana for a spot I think he's more versatile so he could play instead of Can or Wjanaldum.

I would be happy if we signed him for £30-£40m.. but he's not worth the £70m that's being quoted.

Agree, wouldn't be challenging Coutinho or Lallana. Would play deeper
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:45 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:24 pm wrote:Not sure if he'll be directly fighting Coutinho and Lallana for a spot I think he's more versatile so he could play instead of Can or Wjanaldum.

If Walker is worth £50m and Gylfi £45m mate then Kovacic is probably worth about £200m, if not more.
£70m would be a bargain. He'd be absolutely perfect for us, he's big, strong, quick, can pass a ball and goes past players like they are cones on a training pitch. He's only 23 as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:10 pm

Yakka is right, he'd be worth worth 70+ easily in this market. Potentially one of the best cms in the world In a few years. He isn't a fringe player at Madrid by any stretch of the imagination though. I'm fairly certain he's in their top11 in terms of minutes played and he'll get even more football this season. He'd be crazy to leave Madrid and Zidane at this point. Only way Madrid accepts a bud is if we match his release clause. I'd bet my left nut he goes nowhere this year.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Now the hoors are after Keita....i swear it's just bitterness....
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/barce ... get-134572
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:11 am

Its odd how they also went for Serri when we are looking into him or were they linked with him before i wonder..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:30 am

redshade » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:11 am wrote:Its odd how they also went for Serri when we are looking into him or were they linked with him before i wonder..

Watched Nice vs Napoli tonight and he looked poor. Gave the ball away loads in tight situations and again when trying to find anyone up the field. He didn't look like he would add anything other than another number to the squad.

Have to say though well impressed with Reina  :bowdown His footwork and passing out is still exceptional for a keeper.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:33 am

Kovacic  :laugh:
Hate to pi$$ on your parade boys but that ain't happening  :no Nivea is our sponsor not Carlsberg!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill