Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:04 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:09 pm wrote:Another slow day of rumours for us.. it has to be the worst transfer window ever for us. Yeah we've signed worse players but that was due to us having average managers at that period (Big Woy)
I just can't help but get frustrated because I know for a fact we could challenge with a couple of really good signings. If we fail this year our better players will look to leave and we'll have to rebuild from scratch again and the cycle will continue.

Yup it will be like just a continuation from last season. Still hoping we sign someone but I'm struggling to see it happen.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:21 pm

ethanr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 pm wrote:I disagree.
You're correct- American sports leagues have regulations that keep things a lot more fair. That's why you constantly have different teams going from one of the worst to one of the best teams within a few years. That's certainly more exciting, but as we've seen any attempted regulation in FFP has been an absolute joke. Forcing release clauses would only help the teams with the money. It wouldn't allow smaller clubs to keep players- they'd have no control. Your Barca's and Madrid's of the world could literally have anybody they want. That's not much different then you see now, but as we've seen this year even with big money, the likes of Keita, VVD and Coutinho have all been held on to by their clubs as of now. The clubs with money would just pull further and further away.

If you want to even it out, you'd have to create a salad cap or spending cap that was equal for all clubs. I don't see that happening with the current power & influence the few top clubs currently have.

I am completely against clubs forcing players to stay against their will. If we refuse to sell Coutinho and Klopp refuses to play him, we could potentially ruin his career as a footballer if we choose to. You could also potentially have clubs like Chelsea and City signing young players and keeping them in their books without playing them to make sure other clubs dont sign them.

Your scenario would only make sense if the big clubs weren't already controlling the market and signing the best players. The release clause is the most fair way of ensuring that both the club and the player are protected. It would need to be agreed on by both parties and if anything, I think the Neymar signing shows that it could be a better alternative to players putting in transfer requests and falling out with their clubs.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:25 pm

http://www.90min.com/posts/5409878-long-standing-liverpool-target-naby-keita-trains-away-from-leipzig-teammates

And this morning the Bundesliga Journal tweeted that BILD had reported that Keita trained away from the squad and was seen running alone.
This points to either Keita making it clear that he would like to leave, or that a deal could very nearly be completed.   

Reports say Keita is livid with Leipzig after hearing of Liverpool looking at other targets,which leads me to suspect the Seri bid could just be a ruse to inflame Keita just enough to take matters into his own hands.

Could very well be an interesting last few days of the window .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:42 pm

Doesn't mean they will happen but I'm pretty sure we'll make contact with both Southampton and Leipzig before the window shuts and probably soon after the 2nd leg of the CL qualifier.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:44 am

Leipzig want another year from Keita as they know next season his clause comes into play. However will they still want to keep a player who refuses to play?

Just wondering has Keita joined the Van Dijk isolation camp or has Keita been training with the team?

As far as Van Dijk is concerned i think the owners want to put end into losing their main players. They said that the last several years they have lost many. If the new owners have ambition then i guess one can understand.
We are in the same boat with the Coutinho situation.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 am

That Seri is such a wonderful footballer. He'd be a fan favorite overnight.

I'm surprised we havent been linked with any leftbacks or goalkeeper, or strikers.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:54 am

aCe' » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 pm wrote:
ethanr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 pm wrote:I disagree.
You're correct- American sports leagues have regulations that keep things a lot more fair. That's why you constantly have different teams going from one of the worst to one of the best teams within a few years. That's certainly more exciting, but as we've seen any attempted regulation in FFP has been an absolute joke. Forcing release clauses would only help the teams with the money. It wouldn't allow smaller clubs to keep players- they'd have no control. Your Barca's and Madrid's of the world could literally have anybody they want. That's not much different then you see now, but as we've seen this year even with big money, the likes of Keita, VVD and Coutinho have all been held on to by their clubs as of now. The clubs with money would just pull further and further away.

If you want to even it out, you'd have to create a salad cap or spending cap that was equal for all clubs. I don't see that happening with the current power & influence the few top clubs currently have.

I am completely against clubs forcing players to stay against their will. If we refuse to sell Coutinho and Klopp refuses to play him, we could potentially ruin his career as a footballer if we choose to. You could also potentially have clubs like Chelsea and City signing young players and keeping them in their books without playing them to make sure other clubs dont sign them.

Your scenario would only make sense if the big clubs weren't already controlling the market and signing the best players. The release clause is the most fair way of ensuring that both the club and the player are protected. It would need to be agreed on by both parties and if anything, I think the Neymar signing shows that it could be a better alternative to players putting in transfer requests and falling out with their clubs.

Sorry mate i don't get your claim it's not ok for a club to refuse selling a player but it's ok for a player to derail the whole season of a club ,frustrates the fans and potentially cause a huge monetary loss due to this unplanned decision?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:00 pm

You can all say what you want but you'd all act similarly if you were the same position as VVD and Coutinho. Costa is slightly different.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Southampton’s new Chinese owners have publicly said Pellegrino needs to sell before he can buy. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-forced-sell-virgil-van-13493969

Also emerged that the club has been bought with a loan which needs to be paid off by the Club’s earnings - where have we heard that before?  ???
Surely now only a matter of time until VVD goes. Although, if I was a Saints’ fan, I’d be rather worried about the long term future.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:38 pm

redshade » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:44 am wrote:Leipzig want another year from Keita as they know next season his clause comes into play. However will they still want to keep a player who refuses to play?

Just wondering has Keita joined the Van Dijk isolation camp or has Keita been training with the team?

As far as Van Dijk is concerned i think the owners want to put end into losing their main players. They said that the last several years they have lost many. If the new owners have ambition then i guess one can understand.
We are in the same boat with the Coutinho situation.
I think they are getting Worried about Keita and how he's gonna play being unhappy next year. Now Rangnick has come out and said Keita would be sold this summer but only if the price is right.. that number is between £70m-£80m.

I think they might actually cash in if we went back in with a offer.. and knowing us we'll sit back and at the last minute put in a bid of £52million.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Okay so we just rejected 125 million euros for Coutinho.

Do people still doubt FSG? Mental money that.
kartiek

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Wow that really is a massive statement. Hopefully Coutinho now realises he's staying and knuckles down this season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Raven » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Yeah great........Unless Phil decides to go on strike? Then we are left with a player that wont play and a value that will only go down.

FSG will get 150 for him before this is over
The Raven

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:43 pm

kartiek wrote:Okay so we just rejected 125 million euros for Coutinho.

Do people still doubt FSG? Mental money that.

Steady on there Horse!!
It appears the mental bid isn't really that mental at all  :no  £115 mil with £80 mil up front and the rest in add ons. Some of the add ons include him willing the Balon Dor  :laugh: https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/details-of- ... -it-138602
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Still think he will be off as its clear he doesn't want to be here and in the end we won't force him to. He will throw the toys clean out of the room now and might strike if he thinks that is the final bid from them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill