Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Mikz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:43 pm wrote:Gray and Aubamayang now they would be a real injection of pace .  :buttrock

Aubameyang will be 28 in June, given the type of money we'd have to fork out to buy him can you honestly see FSG sanctioning a deal like that? Big money on someone who's re-sale value will go off a cliff in 2 or 3 years time?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Aubameyang is 70m+ and wants to move to Spain if possible, that puts us right out of the frame but City for example could pay to buy his dreams by adding numbers to show love and secure the deal.

This is a very good example of FSG limitations and why we must fight until no player is beyond us.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:04 pm

I think we're making moves for inaki williams TBH. The lad has been speaking about us in the press and making all of the right noises. He also has a £45 million (50 million Euro) buy out clause. I think he'd fit right into our forward line up..

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-target-inaki-williams-insists-he-will-be-honest-with-athletic-club-a7571326.html
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:04 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:04 pm wrote:I think we're making moves for inaki williams TBH. The lad has been speaking about us in the press and making all of the right noises. He also has a £45 million (50 million Euro) buy out clause. I think he'd fit right into our forward line up..

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-target-inaki-williams-insists-he-will-be-honest-with-athletic-club-a7571326.html

Ive just looked at a few YouTube video's of him and he doesn't look like a £25m player to me never mind a £45m one. He almost looks uncoordinated and a bit clumsy, kind of like Sakho.
I'd much rather have Adama Traore but we've probably missed the boat on him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:04 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:04 pm wrote:I think we're making moves for inaki williams TBH. The lad has been speaking about us in the press and making all of the right noises. He also has a £45 million (50 million Euro) buy out clause. I think he'd fit right into our forward line up..

Ive just looked at a few YouTube video's of him and he doesn't look like a £25m player to me never mind a £45m one. He almost looks uncoordinated and a bit clumsy, kind of like Sakho.

wasnt too impressed myself. He looks more like a winger than a striker. His goal scoring record is also not prolific.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:48 am

maguskwt » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:25 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:04 pm wrote:

wasnt too impressed myself. He looks more like a winger than a striker. His goal scoring record is also not prolific.

Quite a few Evertonians were impressed with Traore yesterday, apparently their players struggled to get near him. He's only 20 as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Anyway, I've lost my trust in FSG to sanction any kind of transfer that would cost them 40 million pounds and above. I think the Inaki Williams rumours are just that, rumours. And probably a smoke screen released by FSG to make them look good.
Last edited by maguskwt on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:59 am

I agree with that MAGS. We love to flash our c@cks about with the big boys but as soon as anyone asks to touch it they get whipped back into our pants and zipped up tight. We pretend to be big spenders after the big names but really unless Real Madrid feel sorry for us and let us have Ronaldo for £7m on £60k a week then we're buying no-one.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Interesting analogy Lee, yer reckon thats how it's done?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:43 am

exactly like that reg. However upon further thought we'd not actually sign Ronaldo for £7m on £60k per week because he's too old... doesn't fit the criteria ya see.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:52 am

So ultimately we end up walking round all day with our c@cks out and no one even tries to touch?

Situation's worse than I thought.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:59 am

I see Brendan has said that as Liverpool manager he tried to sign Virgil Van Dijk twice and could have got him for as little as £2.6m at one point but our scouting department wouldnt ok the deal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:31 pm

As you know though yakka it doesnt always work out.

A 2.6mil Van Dijk prior to his celtic days probably wasnt ready for the prem let alone a big club in the prem (if we are still allowed to call ourselves that). He could well have bombed, lost confidence and never fulfilled his potential as many before him have unfortunately done. But in hindsight of course he looks great at that price. However even now i am not convinced he is the real deal, certainly not for the prices quoted.

Instead of questioning the players he didnt sign, Brendan should think about the ones he did, like Borini, Benteke, Balotelli, Markovic, Allen etc etc.

One thing about Klopp is I trust him a lot more in the transfer market than Brendan or others before him.

Karius aside, who may come good in time, everyone else has been value for money. Mane, Wiji and Matip have improved the first XI. Klavan is decent backup at an ok price. Grujic has had injuries and i dont think was ever intended to be a hit this season.

Top 4 or not I fancy us to improve the squad again this summer and crucially keep our main men Coutinho and Mane.

Expectations got the better of us this season after a better than expected start.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:46 pm

JC_81 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 am wrote:As you know though yakka it doesnt always work out.

A 2.6mil Van Dijk prior to his celtic days probably wasnt ready for the prem let alone a big club in the prem (if we are still allowed to call ourselves that). He could well have bombed, lost confidence and never fulfilled his potential as many before him have unfortunately done. But in hindsight of course he looks great at that price. However even now i am not convinced he is the real deal, certainly not for the prices quoted.

Instead of questioning the players he didnt sign, Brendan should think about the ones he did, like Borini, Benteke, Balotelli, Markovic, Allen etc etc.

One thing about Klopp is I trust him a lot more in the transfer market than Brendan or others before him.

Karius aside, who may come good in time, everyone else has been value for money. Mane, Wiji and Matip have improved the first XI. Klavan is decent backup at an ok price. Grujic has had injuries and i dont think was ever intended to be a hit this season.

Top 4 or not I fancy us to improve the squad again this summer and crucially keep our main men Coutinho and Mane.

Expectations got the better of us this season after a better than expected start.

Agreed. Every club had opportunities to sign players who then went on to be a success.

We signed 4 players for the first team in the summer and 3 of them are a success and the 4th will get another chance. I think this summer we won't lose anyone we want to keep and hopefully add another 3 or 4 players who come in and make an impact.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:11 pm

JC_81 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 am wrote:As you know though yakka it doesnt always work out.

Yeah yeah... let me guess it's the "Van Dijk might not have worked out at our club anyway" reasoning...
If that's the case, why sign anyone anyway!
There are 20 teams and only 1 team wins the league, we might not have won the league so why bother trying to challenge for the title anyway!
If that's the case, as long as we don't get relegated it's ok! We might not have qualified for Champions League anyway!
Gosh... you guys are like the spin doctors for FSG!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill