Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby leeroy74 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:21 pm

I don't,  we haven't got a manager that knows how to spend it.  May as well throw it in the Mersey.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:35 am

Three players i would like see us get in this Transfer window

Alexandre Lacazette - Forward

William Carvalho - DM

Ricardo Rodríguez - LB

These 3 would definitely make us title contenders cant see this happening sadly....
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:58 am

From The Sunday Times

Liverpool hit jackpot after £800m China bid

Reds have potential to be richest club in the Premier League

Liverpool are the target of an £800m takeover bid backed by the Chinese government that has the potential to make them the richest club in the Premier League. China Everbright, a state-backed financial giant, is spearheading the attempt to buy the Anfield club from current owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) but the bulk of the money is expected to come from the China Investment Corporation (CIC), the country’s main sovereign wealth fund, whose assets are put at about £620bn.

Should the bid succeed it would give Liverpool backers with a financial clout exceeding even that of Manchester City’s owner, Sheikh…

:oh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby shanks » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:23 am

Sky have jumped on the story of a Chinese TakeAway if you can believe the spew Sky churn out

http://news.sky.com/story/state-backed- ... e-10545444
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:00 pm

I hope they buy us out tbh, let's face it if we knock the Chinese back they'll just invest in someone else and then another no mark outfit like City or Chelsea will be catapulted into the big time. Those 2 clubs combined had about 3 title wins between them in over 200 years of football but now they are widely regarded throughout the sporting world as true giants of the game.
History is great but unless you continue to make it you end up like Preston or Wolves who once dominated the English game themselves but who's glory days are now largely forgotten.
The days of English top flight clubs being owned by a local used car salesman who as a kid used to stand on the very same terraces he now owns are long gone, wether we like it or not this is the era of high finance and £100m players and we are getting left behind. One CL appearance in the last 7 years shows that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:42 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:18 pm

FSG have so far failed to bring significant improvements on the pitch and this summer has again exposed their lack of ambition or reluctance to spend.

If they genuinely want Liverpool top of the tree they should set aside their own agenda for the good of the club and its long suffering fans by accepting help from China to make us potentially the richest club in England.

You do begin to wonder if the small net spend and streamlining of the playing staff has been done with this in mind as its extraordinary that with the cash swilling about this summer weve been so passive in the market.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:00 pm wrote:I hope they buy us out tbh, let's face it if we knock the Chinese back they'll just invest in someone else and then another no mark outfit like City or Chelsea will be catapulted into the big time. Those 2 clubs combined had about 3 title wins between them in over 200 years of football but now they are widely regarded throughout the sporting world as true giants of the game.
History is great but unless you continue to make it you end up like Preston or Wolves who once dominated the English game themselves but who's glory days are now largely forgotten.
The days of English top flight clubs being owned by a local used car salesman who as a kid used to stand on the very same terraces he now owns are long gone, wether we like it or not this is the era of high finance and £100m players and we are getting left behind. One CL appearance in the last 7 years shows that.

I agree with your post Mate i was thinking along those same lines all the top clubs are now owned and financed  by foreign investment.
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Leandro Paredes a young Argentinian midfielder from Roma, loaned to Empoli, linked for around £18m  :glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:00 pm wrote:I hope they buy us out tbh, let's face it if we knock the Chinese back they'll just invest in someone else and then another no mark outfit like City or Chelsea will be catapulted into the big time. Those 2 clubs combined had about 3 title wins between them in over 200 years of football but now they are widely regarded throughout the sporting world as true giants of the game.

I agree. Only way we will compete is if we spend big. One season wonders like leicester are rare. I hope this deal happens.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:24 pm

parchpea » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:46 pm wrote:Leandro Paredes a young Argentinian midfielder from Roma, loaned to Empoli, linked for around £18m  :glare:

Could be an interesting alterative to Dahoud and a good partner for Can.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:18 pm

Cardiff Red..... Our man on the streets  :laugh:

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:27 pm

kazza » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:18 pm wrote:

Cardiff Red..... Our man on the streets  :laugh:

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:30 pm

:buttrock  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Hope it doesn't come through....I don't want to buy the league I want to win it.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill