Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:08 pm

only me » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:13 pm wrote:Hope it doesn't come through....I don't want to buy the league I want to win it.

2nd that.
The day LFC has the money to compete with Chle$ki and $hitie - I will loose interest - as we'll end up with Maureen or Pep as our manager and Pogba or De Bruyne as our new CM and Captain.
---
^^^ KEEP IT - AM NOT INTERESTED!!!!!!! ^^^
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:12 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:08 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:13 pm wrote:Hope it doesn't come through....I don't want to buy the league I want to win it.

2nd that.
The day LFC has the money to compete with Chle$ki and $hitie - I will loose interest - as we'll end up with Maureen or Pep as our manager and Pogba or De Bruyne as our new CM and Captain.
---

Yeah that would be awful ..id kill myself
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Mikz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:12 am wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:08 pm wrote:

2nd that.
---

Yeah that would be awful ..id kill myself

Me too. We'd probably end up selling Lucas who genuinely loves the club and replacing him with a Verratti or Kroos who would only say they love the club, but wouldn't deep down inside.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:41 am

only me » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:13 am wrote:Hope it doesn't come through....I don't want to buy the league I want to win it.

In a day where money rules the world, I don't care how we win the league, just f*cking win it.
I have never seen a stack of $100 bills lift the league, but I have seen John Terry and Vincent Kompany lift it.

We won't win the league with the current business model we have.
I'm all for it. Give us the money. Spend it excessively. Win the f*cking league.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:04 pm

SkippyRed » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:41 am wrote:
only me » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:13 am wrote:Hope it doesn't come through....I don't want to buy the league I want to win it.

In a day where money rules the world, I don't care how we win the league, just f*cking win it.
I have never seen a stack of $100 bills lift the league, but I have seen John Terry and Vincent Kompany lift it.

I'm all for it. Give us the money. Spend it excessively. Win the f*cking league.

"In a day where money rules the world"
Since the introduction of a financial system, money has ALWAYS RULED THIS PLANET. With no exceptions.
LFC ruled Europe in days when money ruled the world.
---
The point is - Today; LFC does not have the money to compete with some of its competitors.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:12 pm

johnbarnes » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:04 am wrote:
SkippyRed » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:41 am wrote:

"In a day where money rules the world"
Since the introduction of a financial system, money has ALWAYS RULED THIS PLANET. With no exceptions.
LFC ruled Europe in days when money ruled the world.
---
The point is - Today; LFC does not have the money to compete with some of its competitors.

But Leicester does right? No one is saying Money don't matter but fck it i don't want to win league City style....We have enough money we need the Manager the system to click and start making good professional decisions.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:05 pm

There is something very plastic about winning the league just by spending huge amounts of money. You look at the likes of City and Chelsea and theres nothing significant about their success. Just a blur really. Leicesters winning of the league is worth 10 x the winning of the league by a Chelsea or City imo. Something that will always be remembered and players that will be heralded for their achievements rather than a conveyor belt of players jumping on a gravy train and picking up some medals on the way and then being forgotten about later on in their careers.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:06 pm

only me » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:12 am wrote:
But Leicester does right? No one is saying Money don't matter but fck it i don't want to win league City style....We have enough money we need the Manager the system to click and start making good professional decisions.

Leicester winning the title was a freak, once in a quarter of a century type occurrence. For a start how many times do you see the defending champions completely unravel like Chelsea did last year? How many times do you see managers being told halfway through the season that they are being replaced like Pellegrini was? How many freak results did we have?
Leicester did incredibly well but fate gave them plenty of help, the stars in the heavens certainly lined up in their favour.
Klopp is a very, very good manager but he's up against other very, very good managers like Mourinho and Guardiola, our rivals aren't managed by mugs, far from it, in fact even if football was somehow a level playing field he'd still have his hands full never mind when they can go out and spend £100m on one player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:06 pm wrote:
only me » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:12 am wrote:

Leicester winning the title was a freak, once in a quarter of a century type occurrence. For a start how many times do you see the defending champions completely unravel like Chelsea did last year? How many times do you see managers being told halfway through the season that they are being replaced like Pellegrini was? How many freak results did we have?
Leicester did incredibly well but fate gave them plenty of help, the stars in the heavens certainly lined up in their favour.
Klopp is a very, very good manager but he's up against other very, very good managers like Mourinho and Guardiola, our rivals aren't managed by mugs, far from it, in fact even if football was somehow a level playing field he'd still have his hands full never mind when they can go out and spend £100m on one player.

i agree Leicester was once in a million however it wasn't pure chance...It was hard work excellent scouting and great game/players management an inspiration for the rest. No one can convince me that Liverpool settling  for the likes of Lucas ,Hendo, Skertel or overpaying for the Carrols and Bentekes is a god given curse or constraint...We are just not doing a good job in the scouting domain our medical/physio group was shiite and more...Do your job and we can compete with those Mfckers with no budget limitation...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Amusingly there seems to have been an idea put out there that Liverpool never bought big even during the glory years but its rubbish really.

We bought some of the best players available particularly when Barnes,  Aldridge,and Beardsley arrived one summer,that was the equivalent of Utds summer recruitment back in the day.

Its a myth,  and we always spent big to stay ahead of the competition we just havent done it in recent years.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:18 pm

Not just that, the way some go on about not wanting to win it the way City and Chelsea have, you'd think we support West Brom or Burnley. Give me one season in the past 7 or 8 seasons when we havent been amogst the top 3 or 4 spenders in the country. Leicester winning it is nowhere near the same as us winning it with our current owner and the size of our club. For starters, they were a recently propomted side that had spent a total of 120mill since 1992 (35mill of which was spent the season they won it). We've spent what they've spent in 14 years on Carroll, Benteke, and Lallana.

If the Chinese want to bid for the club, all I have to say is 欢迎.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:33 pm

aCe' » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:18 pm wrote:Not just that, the way some go on about not wanting to win it the way City and Chelsea have, you'd think we support West Brom or Burnley. Give me one season in the past 7 or 8 seasons when we havent been amogst the top 3 or 4 spenders in the country. Leicester winning it is nowhere near the same as us winning it with our current owner and the size of our club. For starters, they were a recently propomted side that had spent a total of 120mill since 1992 (35mill of which was spent the season they won it). We've spent what they've spent in 14 years on Carroll, Benteke, and Lallana.

你很欢迎特别是你的钱

for sure  :wwww
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:03 pm

parchpea » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:56 pm wrote:Amusingly there seems to have been an idea put out there that Liverpool never bought big even during the glory years but its rubbish really.

We bought some of the best players available particularly when Barnes,  Aldridge,and Beardsley arrived one summer,that was the equivalent of Utds summer recruitment back in the day.

Its a myth,  and we always spent big to stay ahead of the competition we just havent done it in recent years.

Yeah, as you say mate it's a myth.
When we signed Kenny we broke the British transfer record and then just 3 months later broke the record for a fee agreed between 2 English clubs when we signed Graeme Souness from Boro. Not long after that we broke the world record for an under 21 player when we signed Rushie from Chester then about 18 months later broke the British transfer record again when we signed Mark Lawrenson from Brighton.
The top clubs have always spent big and pushed the transfer record higher and higher, it's just that the fee's are so ridiculous these days that it's more noticeable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:25 pm

C-R » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:33 pm wrote:
aCe' » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:18 pm wrote:Not just that, the way some go on about not wanting to win it the way City and Chelsea have, you'd think we support West Brom or Burnley. Give me one season in the past 7 or 8 seasons when we havent been amogst the top 3 or 4 spenders in the country. Leicester winning it is nowhere near the same as us winning it with our current owner and the size of our club. For starters, they were a recently propomted side that had spent a total of 120mill since 1992 (35mill of which was spent the season they won it). We've spent what they've spent in 14 years on Carroll, Benteke, and Lallana.

你很欢迎特别是你的钱

for sure  :wwww

現在我們有你的錢,請滾開  :laugh:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Some obviously bull$hit rumor's going around we are trying to get Fabregas on loan for the season  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill