Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:57 am

Liverpool are in pole position to seal the signing of Lyon goal machine Alexandre Lacazette, according to reports.

The Reds have been scouting Lacazette for months and were strongly linked with a deal in the January transfer window.

He opted to stay put then, but looks certain to leave in the summer, and reports say Liverpool are in pole position to do business.

Brendan Rodgers' interest in the player has been confirmed by French football expert Julien Laurens, who told BT Sport the Reds 'really like him'.

Lacazette, 23, has scored 25 goals already this term.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:57 am

Liverpool are believed to be keen on a summer deal for Roma's Miralem Pjanic after boss Brendan Rodgers reportedly flew out to Rome this week.

Rodgers' assistant Colin Pascoe took Liverpool's training session yesterday, amid speculation the Reds boss had made his way to the Italian capital for a closer look at Pjanic.

However, with Roma not playing since Sunday and not in action again until this coming Sunday, it's unclear what Rodgers was planning to see - if anything.

But reports on 101greatgoals.com suggest Liverpool's interest in the 24-year-old is mounting ahead of the summer window and they are keen to steal a march on any other potential suitors.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:58 am

Brendan Rodgers has reportedly spent the week laying the groundwork for Liverpool to sign Roma ace Miralem Pjanic.

Rodgers left Anfield immediately after Liverpool's 3-2 win over Tottenham on Tuesday to catch a flight to Europe.

The Kop boss is believed to have headed to Rome, with pictures of him outside the Vatican emerging on social media.

And according to the Daily Mail, Rodgers did not attend a game in the capital of Italy but was working on a deal for Roma's Pjanic - a central midfielder valued at £25million.

Liverpool will need to replace Steven Gerrard this summer when he leaves for MLS outfit LA Galaxy and have been linked with a host of potential signings.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:58 am

Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle have made offers for Marseille and Ghana star Andre Ayew, but face stiff competition from Borussia Dortmund.

According to RMC, the Bundesliga outfit are keen on signing the midfielder on a free transfer at the end of the season as Jurgen Klopp looks to rebuild his squad following a dismal domestic campaign.

Liverpool, Newcastle and Everton have already made contact with Ayew, who is out of contract at the end of the season, whilst QPR saw a £1.5m bid rejected in the last transfer window.

RMC insists that pre-contracts have indeed been tabled, and it is now down to the player and his representatives to select the best offer.

Marseille have also offered Ayew a new contract, but they want the left-winger to take a significant pay-cut.

However, Ayew has his heart set on a move to England, with Liverpool his most likely destination.

Brendan Rodgers was interested in signing the 25-year-old last summer, but instead opted to splash the cash on the likes of Lazar Markovic and Adam Lallana.

But the former Swansea boss is now ready to bring Ayew to Anfield, with the view of deploying him on the left-hand side of Liverpool's adventurous 3-4-3 formation.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Newcastle look set to fail in their attempts to sign Andre Ayew on a free with Liverpool the Marseille forward's preferred destination.

The Ghana international looks likely to leave the Stade Velodrome in the summer after turning down the offer of a new contract, with Marseille eager for him to take a pay cut.

A host of clubs are set to move for the 25-year-old, with Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle and German side Borussia Dortmund said to have already made Ayew pre-contract offers.

The Toon have been linked with Ayew extensively over the last year and chief scout Graham Carr has been to watch the forward on several occasions.

However, Ayew is said to prefer a move to either Liverpool or Dortmund, according to reports in France, especially if one of those clubs can offer him European football.

Source: ClubCall
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Real Madrid are unlikely to land Porto right-back Danilo next summer, leaving Liverpool free to snap up the 23-year-old.

Danilo is wanted by the Bernabeu giants but has been advised against the move by Barcelona striker Neymar.

The two players are reportedly close friends and Brazil compatriot Neymar has been trying to convince Danilo to sign for Barca, but without any luck, claim Spanish newspaper Marca.

Instead of moving to the Liga, Danilo now looks likely to join fellow Brazilians Lucas and Philippe Coutinho at Anfield as Liverpool track the defender.

According to Portuguese paper O Jogo, the Reds have kept an eye on the full-back's progress this season but face competition from Juventus to secure his signature.

Juve are also in search of defensive recruits as they look to bolster their Champions League squad for next season.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Liverpool have been linked with a summer move for Malaga keeper Guillermo Ochoa who has reportedly asked for a transfer.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has been linked with a host of new keepers even though Simon Mignolet has rediscovered his form in the Anfield goal, and Ochoa is thought to be in his list of potential candidates.

The 29-year-old was first noticed last summer when he shone for Mexico at the World Cup finals in Brazil, before joining Malaga in Spain although he has since struggled for first-team football and has largely been restricted to games in the Copa Del Rey.

This has led to him wanting to leave, although a winter move was blocked, with the latest reports stating Ochoa is annoyed at being overlooked and will now seek a move when the transfer window re-opens in the summer.

Source: ClubCall
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Lots of rumours surrounding us and Miralem Pjanic. Hope there's some truth to them, because he'd be a great replacement for Gerrard.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:59 pm

Liverpool, Arsenal and Inter Milan are all said to be watching James Milner's contract situation with interest.

The 29-year-old has yet to sign a new deal with Manchester City, meaning he would be a free agent in the summer if he fails to sign an extension.

The defending Premier League champions have tabled a new three-year contract worth £80,000 per week, however, England international Milner wants to extend those terms by an extra 12 months, reports the Mirror.

Failure to get his desired contract could result in the player leaving the Etihad at the end of the season for nothing - but he would not be without his suitors, as Premier League rivals Liverpool and Arsenal both watch developments closely.

Inter, meanwhile, who are now managed by former City boss Roberto Mancini, are also keeping a close tab on Milner.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Liverpool are lining up a Serie A triple swoop in the summer.

Brendan Rodgers trip to Rome has seen the Reds linked with Miralem Pjanic.

But it seems the Northern Irishman also wants Pjanic's Roma teammate Radja Nainggolan and Lazio forward Keita Balde Diao.

Both Pjanic and Diao are expected to cost in excess of £25m while Nainggolan has a £25.9m release clause.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Barcelona forward Pedro has dropped a further hint that he could leave the Nou Camp this summer, describing his current situation as "complicated".

The 27-year-old has played a bit-part role at Barca this season after seeing his place in the first XI filled by Neymar, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi.

He has made just two starts in 10 games and told Spanish newspaper Sport: "The truth is that it's complicated for those of us who play less.

"But when I go out [to play], I always give it all, the best of me.

"It's my way of being; I never give up. You have to thing make things complicated for the coach when it comes to choosing the starting players."

Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool have already been alerted to the Spaniard's future availability and would jump at the chance to sign a player of his calibre.

Manager Luis Enrique has already showed he has no patience with dissenting players, having quickly cut ties with Cesc Fabregas and Alexis Sanchez last summer, and could certainly do the same with Pedro after he told journalists last month he could seek another club.

He said at the time: "I don't know [if I will stay]. For now, I'm happy at the club, but you never know what is going to happen tomorrow.

"I'm calm, with my mind set on the club until the end of the season and then we'll see what happens after that. Not having continuity makes things complicated. It's tough, but what I try to do is help out as much as possible."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:24 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:59 pm wrote:But it seems the Northern Irishman also wants Pjanic's Roma teammate Radja Nainggolan and Lazio forward Keita Balde Diao.

Hopefully we'll never buy anyone called Diao again, once bitten twice shy.  :blush:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:44 pm

7_Kewell » Feb 16th, '15, 14:04 wrote:Lots of rumours surrounding us and Miralem Pjanic. Hope there's some truth to them, because he'd be a great replacement for Gerrard.

Unfortunately he's not interested in coming to LFC. LFC and Totshite enquires about him but were rebuffed. He'll cost around €40-50m and he's looking for around €250.000 a week. Mwanck City and PSG are interested, however, they are constrained by sanctions (FFP), basically, they have to sell before buying, same position LFC are in I.e. Sell to buy.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:52 am

Liverpool FC transfer news sees Brendan Rodgers stepping up his chase for Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi.

The Argentina international has long been linked with a transfer away from San Siro and insists he is “honoured” to be linked with a move to Anfield.

Icardi started his career at Vecindario in Gran Canaria having left Argentina for the Canary Islands at the age of six. He joined Barcelona in 2008, but left to join Sampdoria in January 2011 in what was a initially a loan move.

He told the Calcio Mercato: “If the rumours about Liverpool are real, I would be honoured, because they are a big club, but I’m already in a great team where I can win something important.”

Inter signed him at the start of the 2013/14 season. He currently has 22 goals in 44 Serie A games.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:53 am

Dietmar Hamann has told Manchester United, Arsenal and former side Liverpool to 'break the bank' in order to sign Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski.

Lewandowski was named on the substitutes' bench for Bayern Munich's Champions League clash against Shakhtar Donetsk as Pep Guardiola elected to start with Thomas Muller as a lone striker.

The 26-year-old Polish striker, who joined Bayern in the summer, was brought on in the 75th minute but was unable to help his side score a crucial away goal at the Arena Lviv.

He said: "Liverpool and even Arsenal... Lewandowski is tailor-made for them. He came to Bayern Munich on a free last year but if there was an opportunity to get him out I’d break the bank for him because I think he’s the best No 9 in the world."

With yesterday's reports suggesting Glen Johnson's Liverpool career is over, and with Javier Manquillo failing to hold down a regular first-team spot, the Reds are reportedly lining up a summer move for Porto star Danilo Luiz da Silva (aka Danilo).

According to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Juventus are all interesting in signing Danilo.

The 23-year old right-back has a €50m release clause in his contract, but will allegedy cost 'upwards of €20m'.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill