Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Liverpool are prepared to battle Arsenal for the signature of Morgan Schneiderlin if they miss out on first choice target Radja Nainggolan.

The Reds are desperate to land the Roma star but are reluctant to match Manchester United's £30 valuation for the player.

And the Express report that Brendan Rodgers will turn to Southampton's Schneiderlin as an alternative if he misses out on the Belgian.

The news will come as a blow to Arsene Wenger and Arsenal, who were thought to be in pole position to sign the Frenchman from the Saints this summer.

Southampton could now orchestrate a bidding war between two of England's most successful clubs if they elect to cash in on their star asset.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Liverpool are reportedly looking to bring Benfica midfielder Eduardo Salvio to Anfield in the summer.

The Reds, according to reports in Portugal, are keen admirers of the winger - and are hopeful proposed changes to the work permit scenario will be introduced in order to help complete any deal later this year.

Players arriving from outside the EU must meet strict criteria based on international appearances and, with Salvio having only played a handful of times for Argentina, he would struggle to make a move to the Premier League.

FA chairman Greg Dyke, though, is keen to see the rules changed so any player with a value surpassing £10million would avoid hitting any red tape.

At present, Liverpool will have to apply for the permit, and although they will probably need a change in the law to secure Salvio's services, it is not likely to deter Brendan Rodgers' pursuit of the 24-year-old.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Liverpool and Arsenal have been put on alert as Guillermo Ochoa has reportedly asked for a transfer.

The Mexico goalkeeper signed for Malaga in the summer after an impressive World Cup in Brazil.

But the 29-year-old has struggled for game-time, only playing in the Copa Del Rey.

And, according to reports in Spain, he has asked the club's bosses to let him leave in the summer.

Ochoa was rumoured to be close to a move in January, however Malaga's sporting director told him he had to stay.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool have all been strongly linked with Paulo Dybala in recent times - but has one of these clubs now made a bid for the Palermo striker?

The 21-year-old Argentinian, who is valued at around £31m, was widely tipped to leave Serie A during the transfer window, only for the player to stay at Stadio Renzo Barbera and sign a new three-year contract.

However, Dybala, who has 11 goals in 21 league games this term, remains hot property and Palermo vice-president Guglielmo Micciche has revealed offers have been made for his services, according to the Daily Express.

He also explained how 'many English scouts' were present to watch the forward during the club's 3-0 loss at Inter Milan on Sunday - and that officials were resigned to losing him in the future.

"He will leave, but I don't know where," said Micciche.

"If he does well in the next six months then surely the next summer a big club will buy him.

"He is destined to go to a great club. I think Dybala is one of the best talents in the world."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:58 pm

Talk about talking up the sale price!  31 million for a 21 year old.... smells like a bullshitter talking up the price of a knackered car.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Juventus have joined the race to sign Lille defender Simon Kjaer, but are unwilling to meet his £7.5m price-tag.

Liverpool and Manchester United have been keeping tabs on the Denmark international through his spells in Germany, Italy and France.

Wolfsburg signed the 25-year-old for £11m in 2010 before loaning him out to Roma and eventually selling him to Lille in the summer for 2013.

And now Juve are starting to show an interest int the centre-half, but - according to today's reports in Italy - are put off by Lille's £7.5m asking price.

The news comes as a boost to Liverpool and United, with the former seemingly in pole position.

He said: "It's not a secret that my family are Liverpool fans, and a move to Liverpool would make my family happy.

"But they support me more than they support anything else, so they are happy where ever I go - as long as I am happy."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini fears Paulo Dybala could wait until his contract expires to leave.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United have all been credited with an interest in the Argentine striker, who has been likened to compatriot Sergio Aguero.

Palermo have slapped a £31m price tag on the 21-year-old to deter the interest coming from the Premier League.

However, Zamparini worries his agent could convince him to see out his contract until 2016 and leave on a free.

"I find myself in the same situation with Dybala as with [Edinson] Cavani and [Javier] Pastore," the club's president said.

"This year he has exploded, but I already knew that he was very good.

"The lad is now in the hands of some people who don't wish him well. It's difficult to see him staying at Palermo, maybe someone wants to take him away later, on a free transfer."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am

Galatasaray star Felipe Melo says he would like to play for Liverpool or Chelsea having missed out on a move to Arsenal.

The Brazilian midfielder was heavily linked with a move to the Gunners in 2009, and Melo has now revealed that a move was on the cards.

Instead, Juventus paid the player's £18.5m release clause to sign him from Fiorentina before he moved to Turkey in 2011.

And while the player is now 31 year's old, he has not given up hope of realising his Premier League dream with Liverpool or Chelsea.

He told Sambafoot: "I am a warrior, the English like that.

"I have been approached by English clubs when I played at Juve. I do not close the door.

"If an offer arrives and it is good for me and Galatasaray, why not?

"Arsenal wanted me to come in 2009 when I was at Fiorentina.

"Juve paid nearly 25 million euros (£18.5m) to pay my release clause and I signed there.

"I love Chelsea because I'm a big fan of Jose Mourinho. I appreciate Liverpool because they have great fans."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Arsenal and Liverpool have been told they will need to fork out £4million to sign goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa.

The Premier League duo are both keen on the Malaga No.1, according to Spanish website Fichajes.com.

The Mexican international, who only joined Malaga from French side Ajaccio in August, would be available at the end of the season.

Ochoa, 30, has struggled to make an impact at the Spanish club this season and is said to be open to a move to England.

Neither club has made a formal offer to Malaga yet but both Arsene Wenger and Brendan Rodgers have been keeping tabs on the stopper following his eye-catching displays for Mexico in last year's World Cup.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:44 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Liverpool are being linked with a sensational move for Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere by the Liverpool Echo.

The Gunners midfielder has reportedly been selected by Brendan Rodgers as the perfect replacement for outgoing skipper Steven Gerrard, who will join LA Galaxy at the end of the season.

Wilshere is currently sidelined through injury, having not played since the defeat to Manchester United in November.

But despite the 23-year-old's recurrent injury problems, Rodgers is reportedly ready to take a punt and splash out £25m for his services.

There has been no previous doubts over Wilshere's future at the Emirates, having progressed through the club's youth ranks and once regarded as one of England's most promising youngsters.

But following his latest injury setback, reports suggest the England international may struggle to get back into Arsene Wenger's starting XI.

A move - especially to rivals Liverpool - still remains a far-fetched option and it is likely to take a very convincing offer to see Arsenal and Wilshere part company.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:02 am

Its probably a load of ***** however that would be a fantastic signing

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:22 am

LFC1990 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:02 am wrote:Its probably a load of ***** however that would be a fantastic signing

???   Ya think so ?

From Mail online Nov 2014

Jack Wilshere will have missed 119 WEEKS through injury (and played just 95 league games in five years) as ankle knock set to keep Arsenal star out for three more months

Over 100 weeks out were due to 9 injuries to his ankles

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:34 am

woof woof ! » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:22 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:02 am wrote:Its probably a load of ***** however that would be a fantastic signing

???   Ya think so ?

From Mail online Nov 2014

Jack Wilshere will have missed 119 WEEKS through injury (and played just 95 league games in five years) as ankle knock set to keep Arsenal star out for three more months

Over 100 weeks out were due to 9 injuries to his ankles

He has missed 1 in 2 league games for Arsenal over 5 years. But Arsenal always suffer with injury problems

Ozil has missed a chunk of this season Alexis Sanchez got injured missed 2 games come back and injured again. Diaby is constantly on their treatement table.

I think its more down to Arsenals training or Medica team

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Liverpool are monitoring the progress of Bolton Wanderers midfielder Josh Vela.

The 21-year-old was the subject of a £1million offer from Liverpool when he was a 17-year-old but Bolton turned it down.

Vela, however, impressed Liverpool staff in the recent cup ties between the sides and they will keep an eye on his performances.

The Trotters academy graduate can play at right back as well as in midfield and has two years left on contract.

He lost his way under Dougie Freedman but has blossomed again under guidance from Neil Lennon.

Vela has already made 19 appearances for Bolton this season - his best tally yet - but is still waiting for his first senior goal for the club.

Source: MailOnline
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:57 am

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers paid a whistle-stop visit to Rome ahead of his side's FA Cup tie at Selhurst Park this weekend.

Rodgers was snapped outside the Vatican, the central governing body of the Catholic Church, on Thursday by an eager Liverpool fan.

The Anfield boss did not attend a live game as neither Serie A giants Lazio or Roma played but Sportsmail believes he flew out to do some groundwork on trying to sign Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic.

Bosnia and Herzegovina international Pjanic has become an integral part of Roma's midfield since moving to Serie A from Lyon in 2011

Source: MailOnline
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill