Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Liverpool and Arsenal have been put on alert following reports Yohan Cabaye is keen to quit Paris Saint-Germain for a return to the Premier League.

The French international joined PSG from Newcastle last January but has struggled to settle at the Parc des Princes.

And according to reports in France, Cabaye is keen to return to England, where Liverpool and Arsenal are both said to be interested.

The Gunners were linked with Cabaye before his move to PSG and Arsene Wenger is still believed to hold the 28-year-old in high esteem.

Meanwhile, Liverpool are also said to be interested in making a move for Cabaye, with PSG boss Laurent Blanc willing to let him leave.

The former Newcastle midfielder has made just six starts for the French champions this term and has been substituted in five of those appearances.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 am

Malaga have told Liverpool to pay just £4million if they want to sign Guillermo Ochoa in January.

As reported by Express Sport, the Reds are looking to sign the Mexico international after missing out on him after the World Cup.

Ochoa linked up with Malaga after being released by French outfit Ajaccio after Willy Cabellero was allowed to join Manchester City, but the shot-stopper has yet to make an appearance for Javi Gracia's team.

His unhappiness has alerted Brendan Rodgers, who is keen to provide Simon Mignolet with competition, and according to reports, the boss will only have to stump up £4m for Ochoa's signature.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Manchester United and Liverpool are locked in a battle to sign Cruzeiro midfielder Everton Ribeiro.

The 25-year-old is one of the top stars in the Brazilian domestic league, and was linked with a move to England before the World Cup.

Ribeiro, who is capable of playing as a winger or behind the striker, is a target for Serie A outfit Juventus, but according to reports in Italy, Louis Van Gaal and Brendan Rodgers are leading the race for his signature.

Both bosses are keen to inject some flair and pace into their squad, and see the Brazil international as the perfect fit.

Ribeiro is valued at just £6million by his club, and could find himself plying his trade in the Premier League this January.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:10 am

Liverpool are set to sign Mexican goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa from Malaga after reportedly agreeing to meet his £5million asking price.

Malaga are open to selling, and now reports in Spain suggest Liverpool are poised to sign the 29-year-old, having agreed to match the £5million asking price.

It's not clear whether talks over a deal have been held yet, but with Ochoa yet to make an appearance in La Liga for Malaga, agreeing terms on a switch away should be easy for the Reds.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:11 am

Premier League rivals Liverpool and Arsenal have been put on red alert, after news leaked out that Spanish giants Real Madrid are openly look to sell goalkeeper Iker Casillas.

According to reports in Spain, Casillas has been told by the club's hierarchy that his contract will not be renewed, and that they would prefer to sell him at the end of the season if possible.

The source adds that Casillas had been hopeful of renewing his contract, but with the club clearly not interested, he is not willing to sit around next season as backup either, meaning that a transfer would be ideal for both parties.

This has alerted long-term admirers Arsenal and Liverpool, with the latter particularly desperate to land a new stopper capable of challenging Simon Mignolet for the number one spot.

However, Brendan Rodgers' side are still likely to face competition from the Gunners, who saw summer recruit David Ospina suffer an immediate injury, putting him out for a length of time.

Liverpool had previously shown interest in another Spanish veteran, former Barcelona man Victor Valdes, but that deal now looks to be off with Manchester United believed to be closing in on his signature.

Source: CaughtOffside.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Rumours are circulating that Italian giants Napoli are looking for a replacement for Liverpool target Gonzalo Higuain.

The Argentine striker has been heavily linked with a move to Anfield and is apparently unhappy with life in Naples.

Liverpool seem desperate to add to their firepower in the January transfer window and it has been suggested they have already opened negotiations with the Italian club for the 26-year-old Argentina international.

Higuain is a proven goal-scorer and unless Liverpool sign someone like them they could see their chances of qualifying for the Champions League again slip away from them. It would be a real shame if they undid all the good work of last season by not scoring enough this term.

After an inconsistent start to the season the Reds must improve both defensively and in attack, and Higuain could be the man to bring them the goals they need.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:22 pm

Liverpool target and Inter Milan midfielder Mateo Kovacic is in no hurry to sign a new deal, despite gradually increasing pressure from his club to tie him down.

The Croatian's performances for Inter Milan last season saw interest from Liverpool and Arsenal reported in the media, and good showings at the World Cup and at the start of this year will only have added to speculation.

The midfielder joined Inter for £13m in January 2013 from Dinamo Zagreb, and has gone from strength to strength, adjusting to the tight, tactical style of the league.

Walter Mazzari is under serious pressure at the San Siro, and having his star players sign new contracts will help ease the pressure. But Kovacic has said he won't be hurried into a new deal, according to Italian site TuttoMercatoWeb.

"Renewal? It's too soon to talk about it, because the contract I have now still has a long time left on it. There is still plenty of time to discuss it."

Inter will be hoping that the summer signings that Arsenal and Liverpool made will have lessened their interest in the player. Liverpool added players including Lazar Markovic and and Adam Lallana in midfield, while Arsenal picked up Alexis Sanchez.

Kovacic is more combative and deep lying than all these players, and is not afraid to get stuck in in the middle of the park.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Lille centre-back Simon Kjaer has admitted that he would love to take the opportunity to test himself in the Premier League.

The 25-year-old has starred at Stade Pierre-Mauroy for Rene Girard's side for close to 18 months and has established himself in a defence that has earned the reputation as being one of the most redoubtable in Europe.

Although he is not pushing to leave the north of France, he has confessed it would be hard to turn down a move to England.

"I am not in a hurry to leave France. My family and I enjoy living in Lille, and I enjoy playing for LOSC," he said.

"But, at 25, I have to plan for the best years of my career and England could very well be my next destination.

"I've considered a move to England before, but next summer it could happen."

While there might be some gentle pressure from his Liverpool-supporting family that may push him towards Anfield, Kjaer, who was previously linked with both Manchester City and United, plus Tottenham and Arsenal when he was with Palermo, does not hold a particular club preference otherwise.

"It's not a secret that my family are Liverpool fans, and a move to Liverpool would make my family happy. But they support me more than they support anything else, so they are happy where ever I go - as long as I am happy," the Denmark star explained.

"And I am a player not a fan. So I would choose the club that is the best place for me to play my football - and where my family would be happy.

"It is always nice to hear about big clubs being interested, but I won't concentrate on any other club than Lille right now."

The Dane certainly has no regrets about his transfer in the summer of 2013 from Wolfsburg to Lille and believes that France offers players an ideal schooling before moving to England.

"I believe that the French Ligue 1 is a good stepping stone for anybody for a move to the Premier League.

"You see a lot of players crossing The Channel to play in England, and I understand why. In many ways the style of Ligue 1 is much more physical than in some of the other big leagues, and it would be more difficult going from the Serie A to Premier League, because the style of play is very different.

"But I work hard every day to improve everything in my game - it is in my nature never to be satisfied and always wanting to better myself."

Source: Goal.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Liverpool have been linked with an ambitious move to sign in-form Real Madrid playmaker Isco in January, according to Spanish source Fichajes.net.

The Reds are prepared to rival Manchester City for the Spanish youngster's signature in the upcoming transfer window, with the former Malaga star's form attracting plenty of interest at the moment.

Despite plenty of competition for places this season, Isco has nailed down a starting spot in the Madrid starting line-up to establish himself as one of Carlo Ancelotti's most important players, though it is thought that he could still be sold for around £31.5m.

Liverpool are one of several Premier League clubs to have been linked with Isco in the past, and Brendan Rodgers is now ready to make him the club's top target in January as he looks to improve his side's fortunes after a difficult start to the season.

Isco has one goal and four assists in 10 appearances for Real so far this season.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:52 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:44 pm wrote:Liverpool have been linked with an ambitious move to sign in-form Real Madrid playmaker Isco in January, according to Spanish source Fichajes.net.

The Reds are prepared to rival Manchester City for the Spanish youngster's signature in the upcoming transfer window, with the former Malaga star's form attracting plenty of interest at the moment.

Despite plenty of competition for places this season, Isco has nailed down a starting spot in the Madrid starting line-up to establish himself as one of Carlo Ancelotti's most important players, though it is thought that he could still be sold for around £31.5m.

Liverpool are one of several Premier League clubs to have been linked with Isco in the past, and Brendan Rodgers is now ready to make him the club's top target in January as he looks to improve his side's fortunes after a difficult start to the season.

Isco has one goal and four assists in 10 appearances for Real so far this season.

Some of these rumours crack me up.

As if Madrid would sell Isco, he's been outstanding - especially in the games we had against them.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:12 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:52 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:44 pm wrote:Liverpool have been linked with an ambitious move to sign in-form Real Madrid playmaker Isco in January, according to Spanish source Fichajes.net.

Unfortunately agree, he'd not agree to come either, which is part of the problem.

As if Madrid would sell Isco, he's been outstanding - especially in the games we had against them.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Everton ribiero  :laugh:
imagine we signed a player called Everton  :lookaround
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:18 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:52 pm wrote:

You just know when you see Metro or Squawka as the source it's going to be as far from teh truth as possible  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:41 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:52 pm wrote:

He's obviously behind Bale in the pecking order though and players as good as him don't want to waste their careers warming a bench so it wouldn't surprise me to see him move on in the near future.
I don't think it will be us that he goes to though!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:13 pm

Liverpool have been handed the advantage in the race for Manchester United and Tottenham target Simon Kjaer.

The Danish international has impressed at Lille, and while he couldn't stop Everton from recording a 3-0 victory in the Europa League last night, is thought to be on the radar of several Premier League clubs.

At the age of 25, Kjaer has already played in Italy, Germany and France, as well as his native Denmark, and it seems a spell in England could soon be on the cards.

United and Tottenham have both been linked with moves for Kjaer in the past, but the defender has revealed that his preference would be to make a move to Liverpool.

He said: "It's not a secret that my family are Liverpool fans, and a move to Liverpool would make my family happy.

"But they support me more than they support anything else, so they are happy where ever I go - as long as I am happy."Kjaer recently handed Liverpool fans a boost after predicting that Divock Origi - currently on loan at Lille - can become a 'truly great' player at Anfield.

He said: "He could be a truly great player for Liverpool.

"He has got great potential and could become one of the best players in his position.

"Origi is one of the greatest talents I have ever played with in Italy, Germany or France. I have no doubt about his potential.

"He's still very young and it was a clever move to let him mature one more season with Lille but he's got the complete package - physically, technically and great speed.

"A special thing about him is that he has no real weak spots which he needs to work on. Instead he can just work on the things he's already good at. That's a huge advantage.

"He's actually pretty versatile. We can use him on both sides and up front as well. Now I have played with Origi for a year and he really seems to have a good mentality. He is a dedicated pro at his young age."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill