Raul hint - According to guillem balague

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:32 pm

I'd usually take no notice this sort of thing, but it's balague and he is usually right when it comes to us. He predicted we would get Nando and he would flop, He said we would sign Alonso and he also said Rafa would defo not go to Real.

IS RAUL'S REAL REIGN OVER?
Hola Guillem, I went to Valencia Madrid on sunday and was absolutely appalled by Raul's performance. Yes he has just come back from injury but if unfit he should not be playing in such a big game especially after the Arsenal game on wednesday. Lopez Caro should have played Robinho, Ronaldo or Cassano instead. Surely such preferential treatment has been a major cause of Real Madrid´s downfall. What do you think about Raul's long term future at the Bernabeu? Jeremy Coy
GUILLEM SAYS: The preferential treatment was down to his influence in the squad for sure, but also to the fact that he is one of the best goalscorers in their history, that little detail people tend to forget lately! But what is certain is that we may have reached a point in his career where he is so burned out by off-the-field disputes, by being in the same place for so long - more than 10 years - that he may need a new challenge. Indications from the Bernabeu suggest that the new president may be wondering if keeping Raul, with his €6.7m wages, is such a good idea. Would Liverpool welcome him?

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=371778
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby AlanHansen » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:36 pm

I think he's past it tbh, not sure how he would fit in at Liverpool.
AlanHansen

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:21 pm

He said we would sign Alonso and he also said Rafa would defo not go to Real.

Did he? I recall him being a bit... ambiguous about it saying that Rafa's dream would be eventually being the coach of his former lower categories team...

Anyway I'm a bit amazed of the relevance this guy has in England, in Spain he's completely anonymous, and here he has the pundit label... :)

For what I've read so far from him, I find he's  pretty good stating the obvious, but I'm not so sure he's so right about his predictions, but unfortunately I don't recall examples now I just have that idea, I'll search in google and this forums a bit...

Owen was the first victim of this treatment of favour, he did everything humanly possible to be in the starting eleven, every 30 minutes he was given, he banged a goal, yet, he did not make it to the starting eleven.

I don't think Raul is what we need in terms of football. His main ability is to be in the correct spot to score the sitter, that positioning, but he lacks work, would have a bad time struggling with the hard defences of the EPL, and he's gutless in his work. Let alone his wages.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:28 pm

Even if it was true which i doubt i'd say no way!!

Why would we want an ego the size of Rauls ??This man has been hero worshipped at Madrid for ages and also it has been said at certain times actually had a say in managerial decisions!
Liverpool dont need and ego like his regardless of his ability!We want players that will play with passion for the shirt every time not the likes of Raul! If he came it would be for all the wrong reasons,but i doubt it will ever happen!
66-1120597113

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:39 pm

Is it just me who thinks the relationship between Liverpool and Real Madrid are alot like Radio 1 and Radio 2 with the players being DJs and when they get too old and not as good as they were Radio 1 (Real Madrid) move them on to Radio 2 (Liverpool)    :D

Strange theory I know :D

but I was joking so don't be taking me serious
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:43 pm

NO adam :) I get your point, but I just think that it is the Rafa+Liverpool factor.

Every player that has some problems and is pressed by the press, sees in Rafa the coach that will bring him the tactics he needs to perform well, and sees  Liverpool important enough not to be considered a step back in his career. Thus, half the pundits here link dozens of Spanish league players with Liverpool, specially those who were successful with Rafa, and are not quite well with their teams (Fabio Aurelio, for instance)
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:02 pm

He's always at Anfield and Melwood isnt he with Fernando his best mate spent Christmas in Liverpool also with his family.
Maybe Nando has has a word with Rafa to reignite their partnership from the past hope not  :down:  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:44 pm

Jees, only three years ago Alex Ferguson described Raul as "the best player in the world".
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:17 pm

Ciggy wrote:He's always at Anfield and Melwood isnt he with Fernando his best mate spent Christmas in Liverpool also with his family.
Maybe Nando has has a word with Rafa to reignite their partnership from the past hope not  :down:  :D

They had a wonderful partnership, scored alot of goals between them, if raul does come (which i doubt it), morientes won't leave! raul- morientes partnership has amazed me! they are great buddies, know each other on the pitch and they can deliver goals.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:18 pm

Whoa...

5 under-achieving strikers.

What a dillema Benitez has...
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Erica » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:36 am

Raul to Liverpool? Come on. Give me a break.
He is finished. If he did not go to the World Cup, Spain would have a chance. But, unfortunately he is going to be the "leader" of the national team, the leader of the usual disaster, that is.
Erica

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:23 pm

raul = finished,over, past IT.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Xabi_14 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:50 pm

I wouldn't say Raul is past it but if he were to come I think it'd only be for a final pay packet!  Why say Robbie Fowler's future isn't confirmed at Liverpool when you can buy a younger faster striker then go out and sign Raul.  At least we know Robbie will give 110% every time he pulls the red shirt on, need we ask if Raul would should he come?  It's time to move forward and not sign the Galitco's dead wood!
Xabi_14

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:53 am

I read somewhere online over the weekend that Gonzalez trerrirised Real Madrid....any word on this Sabre ? Is he as good as they say he is ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby flipmode » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:30 am

sign someone young!! not seen any good from Raul for while now, i know he been injured but before that i mean.
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill