Raul hint - According to guillem balague

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Bunglemark2 - see Sabre's comments under general discussions. He has attached highlights of the Mark Gonzales v Real Madrid game. He looks an awesome prospect!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:37 pm

I can't see any reason for getting Raul when Robbie's already at the club.  Rafa said he wants pace anyway, so I can't see him going for Raul.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:47 pm

Reds in Raul Link

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is reported to be lining up a cut-price move for Real Madrid star Raul.

Benitez is believed to be planning to offload Djibril Cisse and Fernando Morientes in the summer and, according to the Daily Mirror, sees the Madrid striker as the answer to the Reds' goalscoring problems.

Raul was previously considered un-transferable, but a change in the Bernabeu hierarchy means the 28-year-old is now likely to be available.

New Madrid president Fernando Martin has vowed to rid the club of highly-paid underachievers and Raul, whose annual salary is reportedly £5.8million, could be one of the first offloaded.

Martin knows few clubs could afford to match Raul's wage demands if they had to pay a transfer fee that reflected his age and ability, so is prepared to listen to any offers.

Source
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:14 am

his wages are gonna kill us unless he is ready to take heavy cut to it
onizukaeikichi

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:13 pm

I think the only way we are going to see Raul in Red is with photoshop edition like that one. All the "info" Marca provides is based on speculation and the Daily mirror. It says it all really.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:08 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Is it just me who thinks the relationship between Liverpool and Real Madrid are alot like Radio 1 and Radio 2 with the players being DJs and when they get too old and not as good as they were Radio 1 (Real Madrid) move them on to Radio 2 (Liverpool)    :D

Strange theory I know :D

but I was joking so don't be taking me serious

Well thats ok if you ask me..

Radio 2 is the most listened too, and therefore the most succesful radio station in the country!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:45 pm

Raul's agent has played down talk linking the Real Madrid superstar with a possible move to Liverpool.

Fresh reports emanating from England this week suggested Liverpool were lining up a shock swoop for Raul at the end of this season.

Liverpool have been credited with an interest in Raul for some time with Reds boss Rafa Benitez thought to be a big fan of the Spanish international.

Speculation intensified over a possible move to Liverpool after Raul was spotted at Anfield watching some games while he was injured at the end of last year.

Raul still has four years to run on his current contract at El Santiago Bernabeu and the forward's representative Gines Carvajal insists he has not heard anything from Real Madrid or Liverpool.

"I remember that Raul has a contract signed until June 2010 and until now the club have not said that it is interested in his departure," said Carvajal.

Real vice-president Emilio Butragueno was also remaining coy on the rumours saying: "Real Madrid never comments about the news in the press."

Benitez is thought to be in the market for a new striker in the summer, but it seems unlikely that Raul could become the latest Spanish star to make his way to Anfield
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:30 pm

From the Sunday Mirror

16 April 2006
BENITEZ IN RAUL SNUB
By Simon Mullock
RAFA BENITEZ has pulled the plug on making a move for Real Madrid captain Raul after being told that the Spaniard wanted £6million a season to join Liverpool.

The Reds boss decided against making an approach to the Spanish giants when he was informed Raul was looking for a basic wage of £120,000 a week.

The Spaniard has also enquired about the Roma's French defender Philippe Mexes.

Mexes is involved in a wage row with Roma even though he still has two years left on his contract.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:18 am

adamnbarrett wrote:From the Sunday Mirror

16 April 2006
BENITEZ IN RAUL SNUB
By Simon Mullock
RAFA BENITEZ has pulled the plug on making a move for Real Madrid captain Raul after being told that the Spaniard wanted £6million a season to join Liverpool.

The Reds boss decided against making an approach to the Spanish giants when he was informed Raul was looking for a basic wage of £120,000 a week.

The Spaniard has also enquired about the Roma's French defender Philippe Mexes.

Mexes is involved in a wage row with Roma even though he still has two years left on his contract.

What a muppet Raul is, £120k a week, you must be joking, he's still a good player but not worth anymore than £60k in my eyes!!

He should take a long look at Robbie!  :;):

I do like Mexes though :)
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill