Phillip lahm available for £10 million. - Perfect fit into our new system.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
stmichael wrote:Anyukov got in behind him loads of times when Zenit hammered Bayern in the UEFA Cup aswell. Lahm was probably tho worst player on the pitch.

If we get him, I hope we never run into Semih Senturk

Senturk supplied the lovely finish (but what the f.uck was up with Lehmann's positioning?) but it was Sabri who took Lahm apart.  Come to think of it, was Sabri the lad who terrorized us down the right flank at Anfield when Galatasary came for that CL group match a couple of years back?  You remember the one where Crouch scored that awesome volley and we were cruising to victory only to have to cling on by the skin of our teeth at the end when we lost control of the midfield? ???

---Edit----

I've just had a peak and indeed it was Sabri who gave us a lot of problems that night.  Highlights tend to focus on the goal-scorers rather than the providers so his full contribution to the match isn't easy to find.  But, look at the first time ball he puts in here for Umut Karam's 2nd HERE.

R U saying we should sign Sabri ?   :D
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:27 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
stmichael wrote:Anyukov got in behind him loads of times when Zenit hammered Bayern in the UEFA Cup aswell. Lahm was probably tho worst player on the pitch.

If we get him, I hope we never run into Semih Senturk

Senturk supplied the lovely finish (but what the f.uck was up with Lehmann's positioning?) but it was Sabri who took Lahm apart.  Come to think of it, was Sabri the lad who terrorized us down the right flank at Anfield when Galatasary came for that CL group match a couple of years back?  You remember the one where Crouch scored that awesome volley and we were cruising to victory only to have to cling on by the skin of our teeth at the end when we lost control of the midfield? ???

---Edit----

I've just had a peak and indeed it was Sabri who gave us a lot of problems that night.  Highlights tend to focus on the goal-scorers rather than the providers so his full contribution to the match isn't easy to find.  But, look at the first time ball he puts in here for Umut Karam's 2nd HERE.

R U saying we should sign Sabri ?   :D

I'm not going that far...just remembering how good he was on the night.  That said, he might be a handy fellow to have on the right flank for matches where we need a bit more attacking wing play than Kuyt can provide. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:07 am

Lahm is a very good player indeed, poor defencively? I disagree! you lot underrate him, very similar to Zambrotta in the sense of ball control, going forward and whipping in good crosses. Has anyone watched him in the first germany match? against Poland? he was excellent defencively.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill