Phillip lahm available for £10 million. - Perfect fit into our new system.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby t-h-o-m » Sat May 17, 2008 11:28 am

SupitsJonF wrote:One of my friends who follows Bayern Munich just told me that Lahm resigned with them.

yes, he resigned until 2012
t-h-o-m

Postby Almighty Red » Sat May 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Oh... re-signed, rather than resigned... dang...
Almighty Red

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 17, 2008 2:10 pm

:(
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Toffeehater » Sun May 18, 2008 7:25 am

feck , klinnsman must have been the factor
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gilbert-19 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:59 am

look at him last night!!! played awsome but let sabri past him last night but repayed with the goal. Good attacking left back which can fill in the at right back. but with dossena and degen coming in for £7 million for dossena and free degen i dont see that this will happen as much i want it to :(
gilbert-19

Postby redmikey » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:40 am

tbh i don't remember owen getting pushed off the ball that much!!!  heskey dropping at the slightest touch yes   anelka always off side yes 

people should remember the good things owen did as well, he won us an fa cup, beat roma and kept us out of the middle of the the table on his own at times, but the lad never played with his heart on his sleeve and all that sh!te.

his worst crime was not giving rafa a chance and that bit him on the @rse when he had to watch the champ league final in the studio , he left a poor liverpool team and took the cash (which gerrard nearly did  with chavski) but this isn't a owen thread so i will stop going on.

but i would have no problem with owen doing a fowler and coming back, just don,t ever think he will or if he could play to rafa s hard work type of football

as far as larm goes did no one see he getting a doing by the turk right back and a player that was bought with fans money by coke cola money, not for me if that is him at the top level

a player i wouldn,t mind and gamble on is arda from the turkish team seem well at home on the left and can produce the goods as well
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:51 am

You are right RedMikey!
Lahm was awful last night(Apart from scoring a lovely goal)
He had an absolute stinker as did the whole German backline.Perhaps that has something to do with knowing that t'it Lehman is behind them in goal,what a step down from the great confidence inspiring Oliver Kahn he is!
Over the tournament though Lahm has been decent and had a few moments of quality.I just dont see the same player though that a lot on here think we should sign,hes never in a million years a great player and even further from world class!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:00 pm

not good enough defensively. i don't care how good he is going forward.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:58 pm

stmichael wrote:not good enough defensively. i don't care how good he is going forward.

Totally agree.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:54 pm

bigmick wrote:
stmichael wrote:not good enough defensively. i don't care how good he is going forward.

Totally agree.

Sorry-I disagree with some of the comments here.
I've been watching the Bundesliga for years now and I've said all along (even here, tho' I can't find the quote) that this guy is a class act. Maybe he didn't have the best game of his life last night but there's no doubt he's quality...And I think it possibly was more to do with his lack of confidence in the two CB's that rubbed off. I saw both of those CB's play in Ireland's qualifying group for Euro2008 and they'd make anybody nervous
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Anyukov got in behind him loads of times when Zenit hammered Bayern in the UEFA Cup aswell. Lahm was probably tho worst player on the pitch.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:42 pm

stmichael wrote:Anyukov got in behind him loads of times when Zenit hammered Bayern in the UEFA Cup aswell. Lahm was probably tho worst player on the pitch.

If we get him, I hope we never run into Sabri
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:12 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
stmichael wrote:Anyukov got in behind him loads of times when Zenit hammered Bayern in the UEFA Cup aswell. Lahm was probably tho worst player on the pitch.

If we get him, I hope we never run into Semih Senturk

Senturk supplied the lovely finish (but what the f.uck was up with Lehmann's positioning?) but it was Sabri who took Lahm apart.  Come to think of it, was Sabri the lad who terrorized us down the right flank at Anfield when Galatasary came for that CL group match a couple of years back?  You remember the one where Crouch scored that awesome volley and we were cruising to victory only to have to cling on by the skin of our teeth at the end when we lost control of the midfield? ???

---Edit----

I've just had a peak and indeed it was Sabri who gave us a lot of problems that night.  Highlights tend to focus on the goal-scorers rather than the providers so his full contribution to the match isn't easy to find.  But, look at the first time ball he puts in here for Umut Karam's 2nd HERE.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:20 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

If we get him, I hope we never run into Semih Senturk

Senturk supplied the lovely finish (but what the f.uck was up with Lehmann's positioning?) but it was Sabri who took Lahm apart.  Come to think of it, was Sabri the lad who terrorized us down the right flank at Anfield when Galatasary came for that CL group match a couple of years back?  You remember the one where Crouch scored that awesome volley and we were cruising to victory only to have to cling on by the skin of our teeth at the end when we lost control of the midfield? ???

it came out latter that Lahm had snuck into the dressing room and put on an Aurelio mask for the 2nd half.
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Dont like him :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill