Phillip lahm available for £10 million. - Perfect fit into our new system.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ray Pugh » Sun May 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Number 9 wrote:I'd be far happier with 3 great players a quality left back,right m/f and striker.If he gets £30m we can afford to ship out 6 squad players or past its,or not good enoughs,getting him more to spend!

We need more quality not more depth.Our squad has been way to big for too long

I agree completely

Its been so evident the last few years that we now need to only buy top quality which usually means top prices.

Torres is the perfect example.

We have a good squad now but obviously need to improve to compete for the title, buying your mediocre "Pennant" type players are not going to vastly improve you and take you up another level.

Most people would aim for 2 players for each position.
My thoery is quite simple and obvious I know, but if you have in a certain position a GOOD 1st choice player and an AVERAGE 2nd choice player, why only buy another GOOD player. You need to buy an EXCELLENT 1st choice player and the GOOD player you already have becomes 2nd choice. oh and sell Mr AVERAGE!!!

Then you have improved both your first team and depth of squad, eventually all will be EXCELLENT

So hear me now Rafa, buy big mate, you know it makes sense!!  :D  :D

Glad to be back chaps, Ray is back in town

PS. One player I'd love us to be going for is Ronaldinho, he's a big signing, left sided and may be slightly cheaper than a couple of years ago
Ray Pugh

Postby ConnO'var » Mon May 05, 2008 6:01 am

Would be absolutely delighted if we got him. Absolutely quality player IMO.... the likes of which is well needed in our 1st team.

We've had pretty good succes with our German signings.... Marcus Babbel, Didi and even Ziege and Riedle to a certant extent.
I believe Lahm would be a fantastic fit for us.
ConnO'var

Postby skatesy » Mon May 05, 2008 9:00 am

If he is in fact rated as 10 million then he is a steal. Lahm is a top class fullback and especially considering the fact that we will likely offload one or two of our fullbacks in the offseason, there is no reason that Liverpool should not be hot on his heels.

Furthermore,  with Lahm available for around 10 million why in god's name would anyone in Liverpool even be considering this Degen clown. The guy is a joke.
skatesy

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:28 am

Last week on the Spanish football, Guillem Ballague said that Lahm would definitely be going to Barcelona, and that the only question was whether it would be this summer or next summer when his contract is up.

Add to that rumours of Abidal being unsettled at Barce and I think there could be truth in what Ballague is saying.

Would love it if we got him mind.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon May 05, 2008 11:49 am

He'd be worth every penny, right footed left back as seen in the WC, but I saw him as a RB aswell in a recent game against Getafe. Great footballer.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon May 05, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Trewyn » Mon May 05, 2008 2:21 pm

I really think Lahm is cool, imagine him crossing for Crouch (if he's still ard) to score and then them hugging, would look something like this, except not battling of course hehe :D
Lahm vs Koller
Trewyn

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 05, 2008 6:16 pm

Yeah, sign him.

The song writes itself.

"Rafa Had A Little Lahm...."
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 05, 2008 11:58 pm

Trewyn wrote:I really think Lahm is cool, imagine him crossing for Crouch (if he's still ard) to score and then them hugging, would look something like this, except not battling of course hehe :D
Lahm vs Koller

You've just convinced me. We dont need a dwarf.

Lets spend the money on someone who wont get pushed off the ball (memories of Owen anyone...?).
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue May 06, 2008 3:45 am

Reg wrote:
Trewyn wrote:I really think Lahm is cool, imagine him crossing for Crouch (if he's still ard) to score and then them hugging, would look something like this, except not battling of course hehe :D
Lahm vs Koller

Lets spend the money on someone who wont get pushed off the ball (memories of Owen anyone...?).

Bit harsh there, mate... :D

Against Koller, anyone would look tiny. Fortunately for Lahm, being a fullback, size is not all that important.

Really rate this kid.... he's impressed me everytime I've seen him play.
ConnO'var

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue May 06, 2008 8:10 am

I think that we'll be getting Abidal for the lb position, and for rb we'll be getting an attacking full back(possibly Degen).  Abidal is not great at going forward but he's very solid FB just like Sagna and that's exactly what we need in the defense.  Lahm will probably go to Barcelona.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby NansPanofScouse » Tue May 06, 2008 1:25 pm

Bloody annoys me that the like's of Barca, Chelsea, Man u & Real always get the great players, its one of the significant problems that we have, and what really annoys me is that Liverpool are a huge club and yet again we always get the second rate players.

Bout time that changes.
NansPanofScouse

Postby Trewyn » Thu May 08, 2008 2:33 am

Reg wrote:
Lahm vs Koller

I actually feel Lahm is not as tofu as Owen.
Lahm seems more like the Mascherano type. In regards to size, you don't see Mascherano get pushed around eh?  :)

We have more CL trophies than any team except Real Madrid and AC Milan. We still have the most EPL titles but we're buying players like Fullham or Wigan.

C'mon Liverpool! Aim higher! Challenge the Mancs and Chelsea and even if we can't get the players, we inflate the price of the players they want and make them spend more!
Trewyn

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 09, 2008 5:37 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
Reg wrote:
Lahm vs Koller

Bit harsh there, mate... :D

Against Koller, anyone would look tiny. Fortunately for Lahm, being a fullback, size is not all that important.

Really rate this kid.... he's impressed me everytime I've seen him play.

:nod
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 09, 2008 5:39 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I think that we'll be getting Abidal for the lb position, and for rb we'll be getting an attacking full back(possibly Degen).  Abidal is not great at going forward but he's very solid FB just like Sagna and that's exactly what we need in the defense.  Lahm will probably go to Barcelona.

I don't think rafa would give him a confirm starting line up place every week , thats for degen and as for abidal would agree with you and i read that the chavs are interested in lahm if they don't get ramos
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri May 16, 2008 9:44 pm

One of my friends who follows Bayern Munich just told me that Lahm resigned with them.
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill