Fenerbache agree fee for anelka - Liverpool return for french outcast?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:11 pm

I think we should sign him for this reason alone, when the bluesh1te tried to get him last season you know in their "Champions League where having a laugh campagn" so they thought but they never actually qualified :laugh:

Anelka said:

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....Everton

"It would be nice if Everton people would stop dreaming about my arrival because I will never go there.

"I repeat it - I have worn the Liverpool shirt and I will never wear the Everton one.  :bowdown
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:17 pm

Ciggy wrote:I think we should sign him for this reason alone, when the bluesh1te tried to get him last season you know in their "Champions League where having a laugh campagn" so they thought but they never actually qualified :laugh:

Anelka said:

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....Everton

"It would be nice if Everton people would stop dreaming about my arrival because I will never go there.

"I repeat it - I have worn the Liverpool shirt and I will never wear the Everton one.  :bowdown

Class, i think we should get him in now!  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:50 pm

Should be interesting, I don't believe Robbie & Anelka hit it off first time around.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:44 am

Bellamy, Anelka...Pennant maybe...

Gonna be hell in the locker room!

:D Soccer gangters
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:14 am

Jan Cuelemans wrote:Should be interesting, I don't believe Robbie & Anelka hit it off first time around.

Or more accurately, Robbie stated in his autobiography something like "He's a selfish b*stard and the worst strike-partner I've ever had".

Would cause trouble, but then - would he ever play WITH God?  :oops:  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:41 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Jan Cuelemans wrote:Should be interesting, I don't believe Robbie & Anelka hit it off first time around.

Or more accurately, Robbie stated in his autobiography something like "He's a selfish b*stard and the worst strike-partner I've ever had".

Robbie made me laugh when he said about Anelka scoring a goal from an incredible angle, "we'll never get a fkn pass now."
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:15 am

s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Robbie made me laugh when he said about Anelka scoring a goal from an incredible angle, "we'll never get a fkn pass now."

The sad thing is, had Nico not been a completely selfish tw*t, they could have been a deadly partnership in their prime. One of the best in history.  :no

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:25 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

The sad thing is, had Nico not been a completely selfish tw*t, they could have been a deadly partnership in their prime. One of the best in history.  :no

When he was at Liverpool he looked good.  I was surprised and disapointed when Houllier decided not to sign him. Though he didnt score many goals he started to look sharp and you could see he had goals in him. Cant see him and Robbie clicking now though can you?
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:30 am

s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

When he was at Liverpool he looked good.  I was surprised and disapointed when Houllier decided not to sign him. Though he didnt score many goals he started to look sharp and you could see he had goals in him. Cant see him and Robbie clicking now though can you?

It's about as likely as Moris admitting that Shamu Lampard is a worthless piece of shark sh*t.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:55 am

would have his moments of magic... but not enough to make an impact week-in week-out... don't think he would fit in with the team attitude and culture we have today...
alxy

Postby Anfield Kop » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:59 am

alxy wrote:would have his moments of magic... but not enough to make an impact week-in week-out... don't think he would fit in with the team attitude and culture we have today...

Agree, but might still prove to be a good signing.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:50 am

Anelka is 'proven' in the Premier League and seems to show the same enthusiasm for Liverpool as Robbie and Bellamy displayed before their transfers. Rafa is definately showing a trend for buying players who are first and foremost proud to wear the famous red shirt and not just in it for the money involved....

If Rafa considers Bellamy's 'misdemeanours'  as not insurmountable then perhaps the only hesitation he might have about Anelka is his alleged 'relationship' with Robbie.  Rocky relationship or not, Fowler and Anelka still managed 69 goals between them in the three seasons they were together at City with the best season being in 2003/2004 when they scored 35 goals between them.

Last season Anelka scored 10 goals in his 24 league appearances for Fenerbache so his goals per game ratio is still around the 1 in 3 that his overall career record suggests (122 goals in 376 appearances). Incidentally, his Liverpool loan spell actually coincided with one of his leaner periods when he only scored 5 in 22 appearances.

Assuming that both Fowler and Anelka have matured as players and that Rafa is a better coach than (with all due respect) Houllier and Keegan it would perhaps be foolhardy to dissmiss the possibility out of hand. Perhaps it might be suggested that Fowler, Bellamy and Anelka competing to start with Crouch up front is exactly the kind of thing we've been missing for the past two seasons!

Oh and Anelka at around 7-8 mill (rather than 10-12 mill for Kuyt) allows the extra 2 mill we might need for Alves....

It would certainly be hard not to classify a close season that saw the arrivals of Paletta, Aurelio, Bellamy, Gonzalez, Alves and Anelka (if they all happen) as a huge step forward for Liverpool Football Club....just a thought...
Last edited by TheoRacle on Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:35 am

When he was at Liverpool he looked good.  I was surprised and disapointed when Houllier decided not to sign him.

If I not wrong , during that time Anelka asking $60 000 pre week but GH reject him because Anelka only scored less than 7 goals for the whole season.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:37 am

we might need for Alves....

His club asking $12m .. too expensive ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:06 am

The way I see it is there must be a reason he is still in Turkey. He has good skills but no one wants him unless its cheap. The reason he says what he says about Liverpool is the fans here give everyone a chance and he was not here long enough for his personality to wear down his teammates and the fans.

Too much baggage.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill