Clint dempsey - I would have him in a flash

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:19 pm

kartiek » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:13 pm wrote:
tubby » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 pm wrote:He scored 17 last season for Fulham. If he can re produce that form then he will be a good buy. But we said the same thing about Adam and look how that turned out. Hopefully things will be different this time as we know what kind of football Rodgers likes to play.

Adam played just the first half of the season, and got 2 goals and 8 assists I think. That's not bad for a central midfielder who doesn't take the penalties (as he did with Blackpool).

Regardless, he was never good enough because he always lost possession very frequently and switched off after the 60 minute mark. He did that with Blackpool and he did that with us. It's not nothing to do with anything besides the fact that Kenny/Commolli's buys were in general poor.

I dont think he switched off mate, i think he just isnt quick enough and struggles with fitness.

I actually think Adam has ability in the right side, he has a decent shot and can deliver a good cross, although he didnt demonstrate it last season for us.
He just needs time on the ball and unfortunately he wont get that at a top side.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:13 am

Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 pm wrote:How about we swap Cole for Dempsey ? Maybe throw in Adam ?

or how about we leave him at fulham and save our £10m?
it`s looking increasingly likely that carroll will be staying, i doubt anyone will come up with £20m and even if they did i doubt carroll would agree to the move anyway so why are we wasting £10m on a type of player we dont need?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 pm wrote:How about we swap Cole for Dempsey ? Maybe throw in Adam ?

or how about we leave him at fulham and save our £10m?
it`s looking increasingly likely that carroll will be staying, i doubt anyone will come up with £20m and even if they did i doubt carroll would agree to the move anyway so why are we wasting £10m on a type of player we dont need?

Couldn't agree more, it is truly mind boggling why we would be going after this guy.

At the moment we have Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Aqualani, Cole, Henderson, Shelvey and Spearing. Why would we sign a 9th central midfielder????? When we have s**t wingers and no real quality up front to support little Luis?

Granted we need to get rid of Adam, Cole And Spearing and make our minds up on Henderson and Shelvey this is not a position we should be wasting any more money on (unless we plan on getting selling some players).

What the f**k is our obsession with the CM role, it is stupidity at its worst  :no  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 am

Dempsey... is... a...  striker!

not a CM you div
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:49 am

Dempsey is an attacking midfielder who also plays as a second striker.
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:54 am

Dempsey will play as a 3rd striker in Rodger's 4-3-3 formation ok?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:49 am wrote:Dempsey is an attacking midfielder who also plays as a second striker.

mostly when Dempsey is mentioned on news reports he's refered to as a 'forward' ...  make of that what you will, imbecile
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:02 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:49 am wrote:Dempsey is an attacking midfielder who also plays as a second striker.

mostly when Dempsey is mentioned on news reports he's refered to as a 'forward' ...  make of that what you will, imbecile

Are you incapable of posting without throwing an insult into it.

Dempsey has played most of his career in an attacking midfield role or a deep striker in the way Gerrard played off Torres.

He isn't a striker in the common use of the word.

Now if you are going to reply to me then try it without swearing.
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Says the "grown man" who threw his teddies out of the cot when challenged.

Grow up
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:07 pm

says the child that no one really likes...   ha ha
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:29 pm

what the fuk is that supposed to mean?  weirdo
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:19 pm wrote:
kartiek » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:13 pm wrote:
tubby » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 pm wrote:He scored 17 last season for Fulham. If he can re produce that form then he will be a good buy. But we said the same thing about Adam and look how that turned out. Hopefully things will be different this time as we know what kind of football Rodgers likes to play.

Adam played just the first half of the season, and got 2 goals and 8 assists I think. That's not bad for a central midfielder who doesn't take the penalties (as he did with Blackpool).

Regardless, he was never good enough because he always lost possession very frequently and switched off after the 60 minute mark. He did that with Blackpool and he did that with us. It's not nothing to do with anything besides the fact that Kenny/Commolli's buys were in general poor.

I dont think he switched off mate, i think he just isnt quick enough and struggles with fitness.

I actually think Adam has ability in the right side, he has a decent shot and can deliver a good cross, although he didnt demonstrate it last season for us.
He just needs time on the ball and unfortunately he wont get that at a top side.

I think another big factor in Adam's performances last season lay with how he was used, the system. He was forced to track back a lot more last season where as at Blackpool he was always only looking at getting attacks going. Hopefully Rodgers can make better use of his talents than Kenny did.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill