Clint dempsey - I would have him in a flash

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby eds » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:28 am

Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:22 pm wrote:I have always thought he was a striker ?  ???

Hilarious that you were calling me a div when you don't even know what position he plays you f**king muppet!   :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:40 am

And to the idotic yanks on this forum saying we should buy him because of shirt sales in the U.S. instead of his calibre

Go join LA Galaxy you silly f**kers.........  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:58 am

eds » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:28 am wrote:
Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:22 pm wrote:I have always thought he was a striker ?  ???

Hilarious that you were calling me a div when you don't even know what position he plays you f**king muppet!   :laugh:

When did i call you a div ?

And the point i am making is, i havent seem him play centre mid myself, but then again i dont watch Fulham often.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:00 am

eds » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 am wrote:And to the idotic yanks on this forum saying we should buy him because of shirt sales in the U.S. instead of his calibre

You been on the fanta soft sh!te ?

That's 2 posts in a row where you have spouted rubbish.
Ben Patrick

Postby ethanr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:09 am

eds » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:40 pm wrote:And to the idotic yanks on this forum saying we should buy him because of shirt sales in the U.S. instead of his calibre

Wait... What? I don't think I've said one time that we should sign him for the shirt sales.. I think I've been quite clear I wanna sign him for his ability.

And considering I live less than an hour from the Galaxy stadium, they're my favorite MLS club, and they have been well before the arrival of some of their big name signings.  :nod
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:27 am

Actually here's some posts about Dempsey only being about shirt sales from our "idiot yanks on this forum" (I'd do the fancy multiple quote thing except I have no idea how to):

The Good Yank-

Odd that you would consider him a "one season wonder" seeing as he has slowly increased his goal tally over the past 4 years ( the first couple he was playing out wide) 
BTW I am not a fan of Dempsey.  If he were to join LFC of course I would be.

I've never been a big fan of Dempsey, but to dismiss his career with Fulham (their highest goal getter in the Premiership) to "A decent season" sells him a bit short.  He's a good player, and one I've come to thinking might be a pretty decent addition to our side that couldn't ripple the twine last year.  With Kuyt leaving we could someone who works his a.ss off and scores goals.  Not saying that he should be the focal point of incoming players this off season, but as a replacement for Kuyt, I'd take him.
Think of him as Kuyt with some speed, creativity, and a second touch that isn't a tackle.

Crim Cram

Dempsey's not the reason they're mid table, he's setting up or scoring goals for fun atm.  I'd have him over maxi, kuyt, carroll - basically any attacking player at the club other than Suarez and Gerrard.

Dempsey would be a good versatile attacker that can play different spots in the final third.  That being said, he's 29 and I wouldn't pay more than 4 mil for him.  I'm tired of paying over the odds for players.  I'd say market value is 4 mil tops.

JoeTerp

he is a brilliant finisher, especially with his head.  I think he would be great in our team.  He is creative as well, and while Andy is getting all the attention on set plays, Dempsey would be busy scoring the goals.

Dempsey would be a great replacement for Maxi.  Will provide a good goalscoring record from midfield. I think he was one of the best headers of the ball in the league last season, and he plays with a lot of intensity.

Kartiek and myself have also posted multiple times about how we believe Dempsey is mainly being bought because of his ability, not because of the fact he can sell shirts (any player will sell shirts).

One of Kartiek's strong points:

This is unfortunately the kind of view that I get from so many people on this forum, and it really disappoints me. Rodgers has himself come out and said that he thinks highly of Dempsey and that's why he enquired about him but that's not enough for anyone. Dempsey's consistency in goals and assists and working his socks off for his shirt are also not enough for people on this forum.

I'll tell what stinks horribly. When Roy signed Joe Cole, yes free, but 29, injury prone, rotting in chelsea reserves, there were 40 pages on this forum with people literally fawning over him. Clint Dempsey, as good a footballer he is, as much as he has proven his worth in premiership, as much as he's known to give it all and work his socks off, no sir, not good enough, american, smells fishy - could never be signed by a true liverpool manager.

It's disappointing, especially since I'm one you'd label a "foreign, internet, plastic fan" (in the words of Benny, although I'll give this much to him- he sulked even when we were signing Joe Cole). Such provincial thinking, sigh...

I looked through the entire thread and didn't see one yank (based on location in their description) say anything about the main reason we would buy Dempsey is for shirts.  So before you talk about all of us idiot yanks, please make sure you have some ground to your argument.

LAWYERED
(How I Met Your Mother, anyone?)

USA! USA! USA!  :unclesam:  :unclesam:  :unclesam:
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:45 am

It wasn't him who called you div, you fecking div!  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:59 am

I dont think us as Fans should worry about price tags ETC aslong as the manager gets a player of wearing the shirt then leave the finances to the people with the money whos made the money.

If they want to spend 10m on Dempsey then whats the problem as everyone rates him (its hard not to due to his great goal scoring form last year) then surely the main thing is that he arrives and not how much he arrives for

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:37 pm

kartiek » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:41 pm wrote:
This is unfortunately the kind of view that I get from so many people on this forum, and it really disappoints me. Rodgers has himself come out
and said that he thinks highly of Dempsey and that's why he enquired about him but that's not enough for anyone. Dempsey's consistency in goals
and assists and working his socks off for his shirt are also not enough for people on this forum.

I'll tell what stinks horribly. When Roy signed Joe Cole, yes free, but 29, injury prone, rotting in chelsea reserves, there were 40 pages on this forum
with people literally fawning over him. Clint Dempsey, as good a footballer he is, as much as he has proven his worth in premiership, as much as he's known to give it all and work his socks off, no sir, not good enough, american, smells fishy - could never be signed by a true liverpool manager.

It's disappointing, especially since I'm one you'd label a "foreign, internet, plastic fan" (in the words of Benny, although I'll give this much to him- he sulked even when we were signing Joe Cole). Such provincial thinking, sigh...

I'm afraid I cant do anything to quell your sense of disappointment lad ,other than alter my opinion on why bringing this yard dog in totally goes against
the owners blueprint of acquiring young talented players that can be sold on at a profit .... Dempsey fits into neither category ,but if the owners wish
to move the goalposts when it best suits their needs then the credibility they garnered with bringing Rodgers in will soon dwindle ....

Needless to say I don't envisage changing my opinion to suit your mood swings any time soon ....Good post though  :)
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Kenny Kan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:45 am wrote:

It wasn't him who called you div, you fecking div!  :laugh:

it was me that called him a div, not ben.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:32 pm

[/quote]

it was me that called him a div, not ben.[/quote]
He obviously is a div then  :laugh:
Ben Patrick

Postby eds » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:18 am

Your stupid stick figure animation avatars confused me, so I guess I'm a div afterall for not noticing  :D

Anyway back on topic, I stand behind what I say Dempsey is not the player we should be buying right now, it goes in the face of this whole "young, talented and ambitious" mantra.

Also I just don't rate him, there is nothing that I see in him which will dramatically transform our side or excite me in any way.

Although Im also not convinced on Borini, Henderson and Carroll at least these guys have time on their hands, to actually improve our side in the coming years.

eds

Postby eds » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:20 am

ethanr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:27 am wrote:Actually here's some posts about Dempsey only being about shirt sales from our "idiot yanks on this forum" (I'd do the fancy multiple quote thing except I have no idea how to):

The Good Yank-

Odd that you would consider him a "one season wonder" seeing as he has slowly increased his goal tally over the past 4 years ( the first couple he was playing out wide) 
BTW I am not a fan of Dempsey.  If he were to join LFC of course I would be.

I've never been a big fan of Dempsey, but to dismiss his career with Fulham (their highest goal getter in the Premiership) to "A decent season" sells him a bit short.  He's a good player, and one I've come to thinking might be a pretty decent addition to our side that couldn't ripple the twine last year.  With Kuyt leaving we could someone who works his a.ss off and scores goals.  Not saying that he should be the focal point of incoming players this off season, but as a replacement for Kuyt, I'd take him.
Think of him as Kuyt with some speed, creativity, and a second touch that isn't a tackle.

Crim Cram

Dempsey's not the reason they're mid table, he's setting up or scoring goals for fun atm.  I'd have him over maxi, kuyt, carroll - basically any attacking player at the club other than Suarez and Gerrard.

Dempsey would be a good versatile attacker that can play different spots in the final third.  That being said, he's 29 and I wouldn't pay more than 4 mil for him.  I'm tired of paying over the odds for players.  I'd say market value is 4 mil tops.

JoeTerp

he is a brilliant finisher, especially with his head.  I think he would be great in our team.  He is creative as well, and while Andy is getting all the attention on set plays, Dempsey would be busy scoring the goals.

Dempsey would be a great replacement for Maxi.  Will provide a good goalscoring record from midfield. I think he was one of the best headers of the ball in the league last season, and he plays with a lot of intensity.

Kartiek and myself have also posted multiple times about how we believe Dempsey is mainly being bought because of his ability, not because of the fact he can sell shirts (any player will sell shirts).

One of Kartiek's strong points:

This is unfortunately the kind of view that I get from so many people on this forum, and it really disappoints me. Rodgers has himself come out and said that he thinks highly of Dempsey and that's why he enquired about him but that's not enough for anyone. Dempsey's consistency in goals and assists and working his socks off for his shirt are also not enough for people on this forum.

I'll tell what stinks horribly. When Roy signed Joe Cole, yes free, but 29, injury prone, rotting in chelsea reserves, there were 40 pages on this forum with people literally fawning over him. Clint Dempsey, as good a footballer he is, as much as he has proven his worth in premiership, as much as he's known to give it all and work his socks off, no sir, not good enough, american, smells fishy - could never be signed by a true liverpool manager.

I looked through the entire thread and didn't see one yank (based on location in their description) say anything about the main reason we would buy Dempsey is for shirts.  So before you talk about all of us idiot yanks, please make sure you have some ground to your argument.

LAWYERED
(How I Met Your Mother, anyone?)

USA! USA! USA!  :unclesam:  :unclesam:  :unclesam:

Thanks for doing that, you saved me the trouble, to re-iterate he isn't good enough and too old for our side.

eds

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:28 am

eds » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:18 pm wrote:Your stupid stick figure animation avatars confused me, so I guess I'm a div afterall for not noticing  :D

Anyway back on topic, I stand behind what I say Dempsey is not the player we should be buying right now, it goes in the face of this whole "young, talented and ambitious" mantra.

Also I just don't rate him, there is nothing that I see in him which will dramatically transform our side or excite me in any way.

Although Im also not convinced on Borini, Henderson and Carroll at least these guys have time on their hands, to actually improve our side in the coming years.

I actually agree with that.

Thanks for the apology by the way  :;):
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:04 pm

For anyone that follows twitter, Agent_ITK reckons Dempsey is a done deal.  :glare:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill